Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Click this link to learn all raid guns, perks, archetypes etc

https://archive.destiny.report/root-of-nightmares

This link also starts with the Raid Exotic

Was not expecting another strand AR. Rapid strand Sidearm? Kind of excited. Solar Trace feels a little...underwhelming, but it seems like there's some interesting traits there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Was not expecting another strand AR. Rapid strand Sidearm? Kind of excited. Solar Trace feels a little...underwhelming, but it seems like there's some interesting traits there.

Yeah there are some definite like, 'Dupes' of things we already have as raid/craftables, but the perks and archetypes are all very interesting

Some SUPER cool roll options on these

I noticed that the guns look like they are infested and also they have former raid-exclusive perks on them, which reminds me of the Vow encounter that made a mockery of our old raid relics. I haven't watched any raid footage but it feels like maybe this one is dipping into that too, if it makes sense?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Imagine my surprise to start a quick defiant battleground and learn that the fucks who run this game had disabled the mod that makes the spec I liked go

Thanks a lot glad I could have fun with your game for one loving day this expansion

e: wait ok so I didnt read the TWAB, is this just until the raid is beaten? If so why not just disable it while physically in the raid? Spaghetti code issues? I guess I can live with it if it comes back once someone knocks over the raid guy

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 10, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

heavy GL can roll a perk that gives it a damage boost if you deal damage with a stasis or strand weapon. Depending on how big that is it might actually be a wendy replacement lmao

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Is there a reason why pubbies in battlegrounds simply refuse to kill the wizards to get the ball to throw at the boss, despite clearly understanding the activity, having decent builds, being good at killing things and all that?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junkenstein posted:

Is there a reason why pubbies in battlegrounds simply refuse to kill the wizards to get the ball to throw at the boss, despite clearly understanding the activity, having decent builds, being good at killing things and all that?

orbs are for ponderin' not for throwin'

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

drat, I need to get the orb pondering emote.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Junkenstein posted:

no amount of datto vids can cure mechanic illiteracy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No bounty/triumph for killing wizards, lots for doing other stuff

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

streamers muting to avoid sharing some of the strats is dorky

but I suppose this is my fault for clicking the first name I recognized that had the drops enabled

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxyclean posted:

streamers muting to avoid sharing some of the strats is dorky

but I suppose this is my fault for clicking the first name I recognized that had the drops enabled

I've been watching evanf1997 who's doing essentially a commentary show.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I found this dude named evanf1997 who’s doing it like NFL Redzone lol

Commentating and everything.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You can't fool me with your clumsy astroturfing campaign and something awful Alt accounts, evanf1997

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
So the raid is Vow but with Cabal.

I appreciate that Bungie put the exact same amount of effort into the raid as they did the campaign.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It's pretty impressive the way I'm both commentating and writing posts though, right?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
someone has beaten it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lol I tuned into that evanf1997 stream and literally caught the boss kill moments after

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mazerunner posted:

someone has beaten it

That’s a good sign, I’m sick of overly difficult raids.

This expansion is really Beyond Stasis lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah if you ask me it's actually a good thing that the professional video game players can beat the activity in just a couple of hours

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

That’s a good sign, I’m sick of overly difficult raids.

This expansion is really Beyond Stasis lol

I’ve turned a lot on this expansion, I’m starting to like the seasonal stuff a lot. Now that builds are coming out, I think the mod system is better.

As someone who started playing during beyond light, this feels better than witch queen, but I thought Witch Queen was overrated and this feels like people are hating it too hard when it feels basically the same to me.

The story and voice acting is bad, but shooting and the legendary campaign were fun. Looking forward to the raid.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Now that someone beat it, did anything in the game change? Like, new Strand fragments or something bigger?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nothing's changed yet, but I assume it might be waiting on bungie to confirm the world first?

Wouldn't expect more strand fragments - they already gave us those early.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mesadoram posted:

Now that someone beat it, did anything in the game change? Like, new Strand fragments or something bigger?

Yes, but temper expectations to a Preservation-style weekly and a new task of interest on Neomuna. The big epilogue was punted to next season due to a time crunch

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxyclean posted:

Nothing's changed yet, but I assume it might be waiting on bungie to confirm the world first?

Wouldn't expect more strand fragments - they already gave us those early.

And we know the 3rd aspect is coming in Season of the Deep.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes, but temper expectations to a Preservation-style weekly and a new task of interest on Neomuna. The big epilogue was punted to next season due to a time crunch

:smith:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A comic book cutscene is still coming though!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A comic book cutscene is still coming though!

https://twitter.com/DestinyNostalgi/status/1632429667981434881

:smith:

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Click this link to learn all raid guns, perks, archetypes etc

https://archive.destiny.report/root-of-nightmares

This link also starts with the Raid Exotic

This armor, save for maybe the Rhulk-style head for Warlocks, seems like it'll make you look like a very angry shrimp

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

In some defense:
The one class is more effort then the subclasses.
Dunno what "new leveling system" was. But we got the guardian rank system lol.
Class specific weapons and weapon foundries also don't really sound like much, but ironically they did bring back the class swords, and we got like 3 new origin traits?
No new weapon class, but we did get a new archtype (heavy wave frame) plus strand guns & perks and several other gun perks. (Kinetic Tremors, Keep Away...)
Modern exotics are probably more involved then D1 exotics, and there might be one or two left to be reveled. (Raid exotic at the least, and I'm coping for some post raid stuff)
I'd also be curious to see how story missions match up - they mention post campaign missions, so LF includes more then 7 if you include the exotic quests. (One is a proper mission, one has some voice acting, and one is...kind of low effort but it gave a cool sidearm)
Also 2 strikes got reprised (for better or worse)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Warlock chest piece is so good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

0 pvp maps. :smith:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Just got Lord of Wolves from a Lost Sector. Pretty interesting, though I’m not really sure what the point of the full-auto is? Just make it like a machine gun for a few seconds? Seems like more of a PvP gun, but my Titan Strand gun was missing a good energy shotgun, so I may use it.

Berserker really comes together a lot more once you get some fragments. If you can keep Woven Mail up it seems good, but as soon as it drops off I get shredded. Seems like you really need Abeyant Leap too, so I guess I’m gonna try and finish the Legendary campaign.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I don't think it was delayed due to time crunch, but rather a deliberate decision- this year's 'story' is about figuring out what the Veil is, and how to follow the Witness. Like as an ongoing thing, interspersed with the usual seasonal storylines. Bungie took a gamble with a new way of storytelling and lost.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mazerunner posted:

I don't think it was delayed due to time crunch, but rather a deliberate decision- this year's 'story' is about figuring out what the Veil is, and how to follow the Witness. Like as an ongoing thing, interspersed with the usual seasonal storylines. Bungie took a gamble with a new way of storytelling and lost.

If that was the plan, it was a complete failure of messaging on their part.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The "new" leveling system was literally the infusion system that's become a standard part of Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

Make of this what you will - the Lightfall Campaign epilogue coming in Season of the Deep is the only Lightfall Campaign content to be delivered outside of Lightfall this year. There's no Lightfall Campaign coming in the 3rd or 4th seasons and it's unrelated to the events of Season of the Deep

The post-raid Comic Book Video also leads directly into the epilogue mission

Reading between the lines, it doesn't strike me as a narrative decision

I think Taken King is held in extra high regard because it Fixed a broken game whereas Lightfall is just a thin new layer atop a functional game, but even with the nits picked out, it still looks like TTK has like... a lot more content? A ton more?

I can't tell if the implication is that Lightfall is in some way comparable to TTK?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Not gonna lie, I was low key hoping that Bungie would unveil all the vaulted planets after the fight in the raid with the planetarium

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Sylphosaurus posted:

Not gonna lie, I was low key hoping that Bungie would unveil all the vaulted planets after the fight in the raid with the planetarium

The next 3 seasons will be right up your alley, wooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ttk is directly analogous to forsaken, not lf

if we're lucky, final shape will be wq quality