Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bbcisdabomb posted:

Anyone got some Cat's Meow I can get? I don't need a ton but I can't not work on the merit badge while the extra hooks are available. IGN: bbcisdabomb

100% agreed. I'm going to try to stock up while the getting's good. I think I got most of mine for ATI1 out of Grab Bag 7's, so maybe try that?

Just whining a bit. With my pets, the event and cat's meow I've gotten all the 150 gold fish for ATI 8 or w/e really fast and ready. Flier is at 80/150 so it just means tapping my phone before bed tonight for awhile.

E: I fished up 7 gold boots, those rare right?

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Thanks for the meals, that will help a lot!

Barreft posted:

Just whining a bit. With my pets, the event and cat's meow I've gotten all the 150 gold fish for ATI 8 or w/e really fast and ready. Flier is at 80/150 so it just means tapping my phone before bed tonight for awhile.

Fliers feel like they're five times as rare as any other gold fish, I hate them.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xerol posted:

You can throw in like half of the other links in town too:
-Flea market, useless outside of a few quests where it's required. None of the items are even remotely worth the gold cost. Sacks of gold are only there because the mailbox system presumably only works with actual items but that's solely a technical limitation.
-Steak market, outside of the few quests it's required for. Early game you're not going to have enough inventory space to make any significant money speculating on steak prices, and late game the money you make isn't significant to you anymore. And just adds a daily chore to sell your kabobs (for what, at that point in the game, is again not much money) if you have raptors.
-The other things which at this point are just purely activity checks once you surpass the quests they're needed for: well, exchange center.
-A bunch of things that don't really need to be their own menu in town due to other (generally easier) features/access methods? Country store, community center, pet shop, arguably post office and locksmith too.

Not to mention the mess of what and how you access buildings via your farm/workshop/kitchen.

I would love to see them take a step back on new features for a month or two to just clean up everything that's resulted from a year of feature creep, which IMO would also help with implementing future features. Compress or mark for rework redundant features and, starting from the homepage, recategorize everything into a structure that makes more sense.

At some point you get to the fact that this is a game consisting of different mini games and activities. The vault, steak market, wheel, locksmith, chores, and exchange center all fit in that.I agree that they aren't particularly useful, but neither is manual fishing once you have a net production.

Barreft posted:

Yeah, it's a really good time to fish for boots. I think you'll need 2 for quests. And the temple path is a lot of corn and Jundland grinding.

If you have grab bag 07s, just open those to get fliers. It's what I did.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

bbcisdabomb posted:

Thanks for the meals, that will help a lot!

Fliers feel like they're five times as rare as any other gold fish, I hate them.

There's something up with the chance to catch them and they've just never fixed it, regular Fliers are also kind of rare. Grab Bag 7 has mostly fixed the issue though.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I am struggling with what seems like a billion requests for gold feathers. If anyone has a stockpile they don’t want I’d be very grateful. IGN Rattimus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Xeras posted:

I am struggling with what seems like a billion requests for gold feathers. If anyone has a stockpile they don’t want I’d be very grateful. IGN Rattimus

Sent you a mailbox full, I have another 2K free if you need more.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
My secret to gold feathers is an unhealthy obsession with steel wire.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Referee posted:

Sent you a mailbox full, I have another 2K free if you need more.

This was perfect! I still need more for a wall in the way but I need the piece of heart so lol no concerns there

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Can I get some lemonade meals from someone?

IGN duckbar.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Can I get some lemonade meals from someone?

IGN duckbar.

I sent 15, hopefully that's enough

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Hobojim posted:

I sent 15, hopefully that's enough

I tossed them 20 as well

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks both!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

NFX posted:

At some point you get to the fact that this is a game consisting of different mini games and activities. The vault, steak market, wheel, locksmith, chores, and exchange center all fit in that.

Yes, this is basically a 2023 version of Neopets, thank you for noticing.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Atoramos posted:

We're going to need another 10k or so pets to make this Neopets. Call me when we can at least paint our pets different colors.

No seriously, I want to be able to recolor my pets and farm animals.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Atoramos posted:

This explains so much.

Though, minus, I no longer have my lizard in a hula skirt.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Oh right if anyone has spare shrimp-a-plenty and sea pinchers special I would be very happy. Need to finish up Cecil and Vincent friendship. IGN Rattimus

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fffffffffffffffffffinally finished up that Strange Companions quest that wanted 600 Orange Geckos. Moving along to one that wants 50 _more_ Cutlasses is sort of a mixed blessing, but I can live with that.

Max Inventory is at 1880, and Far Away begins at 2000. This is where I tell myself to be patient and not pour 450+ gold into it to hurry that along.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xeras posted:

Oh right if anyone has spare shrimp-a-plenty and sea pinchers special I would be very happy. Need to finish up Cecil and Vincent friendship. IGN Rattimus

Sent over a few.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

delfin posted:

Fffffffffffffffffffinally finished up that Strange Companions quest that wanted 600 Orange Geckos. Moving along to one that wants 50 _more_ Cutlasses is sort of a mixed blessing, but I can live with that.

Max Inventory is at 1880, and Far Away begins at 2000. This is where I tell myself to be patient and not pour 450+ gold into it to hurry that along.

I did not believe when people told me to really stock up on geckos. I should have.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

bbcisdabomb posted:

I did not believe when people told me to really stock up on geckos. I should have.

This was me with unpolished jade lol. Thanks for the meals!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
If we're whining about things, today I discovered while every other fishing achievement involves getting a streak of up to 1,000 in six fishing spots, the merit badge involves getting a streak of 10,000 in ten spots.

Horseshit. Awful! Totally unplayable! I got those six 10k streaks fair and square(ish)! Everything else is consistent, why does the last one change?

At least I've got the extra Cat's Meows for the extra fishing spots and PC to about 9.5k but if I stopped being annoyed by the little things what left is there to be annoyed at?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bbcisdabomb posted:

If we're whining about things, today I discovered while every other fishing achievement involves getting a streak of up to 1,000 in six fishing spots, the merit badge involves getting a streak of 10,000 in ten spots.

Horseshit. Awful! Totally unplayable! I got those six 10k streaks fair and square(ish)! Everything else is consistent, why does the last one change?

At least I've got the extra Cat's Meows for the extra fishing spots and PC to about 9.5k but if I stopped being annoyed by the little things what left is there to be annoyed at?

That took me like 10 reads to parse, and I still don't think I understand. Are you just saying you just have to hit 10k in the other 4 spots?

Or did you mean you had six 1k streaks?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Barreft posted:

That took me like 10 reads to parse, and I still don't think I understand. Are you just saying you just have to hit 10k in the other 4 spots?

Or did you mean you had six 1k streaks?

I assumed that the merit badge was a 10k streak in six spots since the other achievements are to hit a streak of 100 and 1,000 in six spots. The merit badge is a streak of 10k in ten spots, so I was confused. I just have to hit 10k in four other spots, that is true.

I don't communicate so good sometimes. I blame the American educational system.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

bbcisdabomb posted:

I assumed that the merit badge was a 10k streak in six spots since the other achievements are to hit a streak of 100 and 1,000 in six spots. The merit badge is a streak of 10k in ten spots, so I was confused. I just have to hit 10k in four other spots, that is true.

I don't communicate so good sometimes. I blame the American educational system.

Oh no I'm dumb as hell, and high most of the time. American system also added lol

Gold inflation on Large Nets are real. I've been getting 900 for 35g for 2 weeks and now people are selling 1k for 50g.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Barreft posted:

Oh no I'm dumb as hell, and high most of the time. American system also added lol

Gold inflation on Large Nets are real. I've been getting 900 for 35g for 2 weeks and now people are selling 1k for 50g.

I will give you large nets and I’m sure others here will too, stop wasting gold on them!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

koshmar posted:

I will give you large nets and I’m sure others here will too, stop wasting gold on them!

I just feel awkward asking, I'd rather pay.

Blame capitalism poisoning lol

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Barreft posted:

I just feel awkward asking, I'd rather pay.

Blame capitalism poisoning lol

Yeah I do the same tbh. I really feel bad asking for things without having much to offer in return!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Barreft posted:

What's your in game name?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Think of your farm as a collective. Spend gold on a monstrously sized mailbox. The gold feather goon got 600 because their mailbox was stupid large (600) from patreon benefits and stuff.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

bbcisdabomb posted:

I thought that I had. And I had, but there is always another need down the road. For example, I had a glorious week or two in which I thought that I was finally free from Spiders and Cutlasses.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Think of your farm as a collective. Spend gold on a monstrously sized mailbox. The gold feather goon got 600 because their mailbox was stupid large (600) from patreon benefits and stuff.

Yeahhhh. Big mailbox is good.

I’m at 300 now and have enough gold to upgrade some if I wanted, but idk I can justify the expense to get to 450 or 600 (the next satisfyingly even numbers).

OTOH I did buy myself a 14th craftworks slot a few weeks ago…

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Vasler posted:

What's your in game name?

Farmhausen

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Barreft posted:

Farmhausen

Sent you 120 large nets!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Vasler posted:

Sent you 120 large nets!

Thanks much, appreciate it :)

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
600 herbs is so many fuckin herbs. I’ve got the L6 red dragon but im getting like 3-6 a day. If every step of ATI is like this, I see why it needs its own spreadsheet.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

kaptainkaffeine posted:

600 herbs is so many fuckin herbs. I’ve got the L6 red dragon but im getting like 3-6 a day. If every step of ATI is like this, I see why it needs its own spreadsheet.

I just finished that step. Just go grind them up, but you'll be grinding out a bunch of steps. I debated caring, but most steps are going to have a couple things I need to finish grinding up and will just save me from getting to wait for geckos sooner.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
I’m alternating between grinding out getting my fishing streaks to 1000 with getting spiders. The fishin really is the perfect thing for long bus rides to and from work.
To the goons who keep giving me orange juice, I owe you my life! I can’t wait to get to the point where I can start sending people the goodies they need, that’s gonna be such a sweet point to hit in the game!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Finally unlocked Tower. You guys and my hoarding items really came in handy there whew

e: Now to focus on GL and getting able to do more than single search in Jundland. Too much stuff lol

Also got Tower lvl 27. I have 1359 AK so silver's gonna be the bottleneck there.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 11, 2023

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Barreft posted:

Finally unlocked Tower. You guys and my hoarding items really came in handy there whew

e: Now to focus on GL and getting able to do more than single search in Jundland. Too much stuff lol

Also got Tower lvl 27. I have 1359 AK so silver's gonna be the bottleneck there.

Congrats! Now the long journey to T199. Good job having the silver saved up to rush T20, as the T10 and T20 artifacts are both extremely important.

Here's my personal tiering of the artifacts. TLDR is rush to T20, then T70, then T100, and then take your time through the rest of the levels.

T10 - crops grow 10% faster - S rank
This one is huge because it gives another additive 10% to your already 80% reduced grow time, which brings it to 90%. In other words, it cuts your current grow times in half.

T20 - silver from sales increased by 10% - A rank
This one is also really important, because pretty much everything you need at end game (leveling up tower, inventory, farm rows, upgrading passive rate stuff, etc) all costs a lot of silver.

T30 - crafting costs 10% less silver - B rank
This is good, but not that good. It matters most when you're doing expensive crafts, like bulk crafting lava and inferno spheres. It does add up in aggregate, but it isn't a game-changing upgrade by any means.

T40 - pets level up faster - F rank
This is pretty much worthless. It's ok when you're cycling cows/pigs, and makes your raptors hatch a little faster, but in the long run it doesn't really matter at all.

T50 - rare items drop slightly more frequently - B rank
It's nice when you're searching for raptor eggs, jundland crests, and other rares. It also works on fishing stuff, IIRC, so it might also make that gold boot a little easier to find. Although, by end game, you'll be overflowing with most super-rares anyway.

T60 - 400 more orchard trees - unranked
I'm not ranking this one because you don't need it until you do, and then you do need it. As long as you're constantly keeping enough trees to fill your inventory with fruit every day, you're fine. I don't think I needed the extra trees until getting the T100 artifact - I had all the other orchard upgrades - but maybe I'm misremembering. Eventually you'll need this.

T70 - extra fish from nets - S rank
After you're past the T20 artifact, your should be pushing to T70 specifically for this artifact. Using nets is your primary income source, and this will give you 20% more fish from each LN. This also helps you GM all sorts of fish much faster. I personally waited on some fish GM until getting the T70 artifact.

T80 - townsfolk give you gifts - B rank
Getting a steady stream of fruit, juice, and fishing nets is pretty nice, and it adds up over time... but it also pales in comparison to how much juice and how many nets you should be making daily.

T90 - Resource Saver 3 - A rank
More items per craft is great for obvious reasons. Faster GMs as well as more nets and juice daily.

T100 - 2500 extra inventory space - S rank
By the time you get this you might not even have 2500 inventory in total, so it will possibly more-than-double your inventory. Inventory is one of the biggest limiting factors of this game, and 2500 extra inventory will let you do a LOT more every day. It also lets you pump your orchard and antler-to-net crafting up to crazy levels. I think I got to this point somewhere around 2k inventory.

T110 - 1500 more orchard trees - unranked
See T60.

T120 - Less resources per meal cooked - C rank
I was less than impressed with this when it was released. I was neither cooking a ton nor resource limited when I was. Even at times I'm cooking a ton I don't ever feel like I'm super short on resources.

T130 - Doubles rewards from PHRs - B rank
I like this upgrade, because PHRs can give you lots of rare drops if you already have some in your inventory. Anything can be rewarded, except super-rares and gold-containing items. PHRs are why I have 824 cutlasses and 3k spiked shells and 4k seaweed.

T140 - Doubles rewards from Wishing Well - D rank
WW is worthless unless you're trying to get special WW-only drops for quests (like the carved animals). I'm currently throwing Compasses in the well every day, lol.

T150 - Doubles GJ allowed daily - B rank
I like GJ, so going to 18 uses per day was nice. Once you have this perk, you can GM beets and/or sunflowers in a single day if you eat one of each cookie and slam mega-seeds.

T160 - 10% antler production drops at noon - A rank
This is neat, because it means that you can get more nets via mid-day production. If you don't have the inventory for your full antler harvest (I don't, even now) then this can be a substantial boost.

T170 - 10% orchard production drops at noon - A rank
See T160.

T180 - 10% more when crafting inferno sphere - C rank
Eh, so you get some more spheres to sell when an event bonus drops. This doesn't really make that big a difference at this stage of the game, IMO. This and the T190 perk seemed like lazy ideas for artifacts.

T190 - 10% more when crafting lava sphere - C rank
See T180.