Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Failed Imagineer posted:

Not sure about that, I could never accept Blue for Cheese&Onion flavour

It makes no loving sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

like the phrase is thrown around so often, but lineker is a national treasure and pretty benign overall, otherwise why does walkers have him as a mascot? i’m sure they spent thousands on confirming that most of the country likes him

Two decades of football, 80 appearances for the country, and is the fourth all time highest goal scorer for the country too
And not one single yellow card ever. He was called the Gentleman Footballer at one time.
Thats why Walkers had him, he acted like he would do anything to get the crisps, no more mister nice guy.

But the nazis didn't like being told they are nazis.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
another one out

https://twitter.com/jjenas8/status/1634281594813927438

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Walkers is the worst crisp brand and it's not even close. just dogshit

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Tayto 4 life

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

They're loving SHITE

But I'm glad crispchat is finally politically relevant

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sinky posted:

Tayto 4 life

It has its own theme park too.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
This must be annoying as gently caress for the producers of the show, who I’d assume had nothing to do with this decision, I expect like Lineker as a colleague, and now have to work around the clock trying to fix their ruined show without also pissing off all the other on air talent turning them down in solidarity.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

happyhippy posted:

It has its own theme park too.

Actually it's a castle :colbert:

(ok the roller coaster is good)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Answers Me posted:

This must be annoying as gently caress for the producers of the show, who I’d assume had nothing to do with this decision, I expect like Lineker as a colleague, and now have to work around the clock trying to fix their ruined show without also pissing off all the other on air talent turning them down in solidarity.

The easiest option for the producers would be to cancel tomorrow's show. It's also the funniest option

It would be nice to see a cascade of presenters from other shows striking in support

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I know shes already said she wont do it but Alex Scott would have been the funniest step in host. It would have driven the people taking this as a win ballistic.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
extra lol with the previous update

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Honestly, nothing of value lost. The pundits don't half spout shite

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Fingers crossed it’ll be the match commentators not showing up next. At this rate it’ll just be someone clicking play on the generic highlight clips that go up on YouTube

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Everything lining up perfectly for the return of Mark Lawrenson

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
This feels kind of seismic in terms of British popular culture. And also the kind of thing you imagine will be in history books in generations to come when kids are studying their 'Rise of Facism in 21st Century Britain' module.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

This feels kind of seismic in terms of British popular culture. And also the kind of thing you imagine will be in history books in generations to come when kids are studying their 'Rise of Facism in 21st Century Britain' module.

lol no this is just liberals noticing that the ship hit an iceberg because they're starting to get wet.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1634248119415353344?s=19

Topping off a banner day at the BBC. Remember, she got the context wrong and said repeated domestic abuse was a one off.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
where's the quote from about the DV being repeated? is it Boris' official biography?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you beat your wife one time and you never hear the end of it

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Julio Cruz posted:

where's the quote from about the DV being repeated? is it Boris' official biography?

Yes, I believe his mum said it in his biography.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the bbc’s official position that yes, he may have slapped his wife around but maybe let’s hear his side of the story, maybe it’s justified

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

Boris Johnson: The Gambler

This was a very sympathetic biography by the guy who wrote that hatchet job book Corbyn:Dangerous Hero, but this was reportedly a direct quote.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1634248119415353344?s=19

Topping off a banner day at the BBC. Remember, she got the context wrong and said repeated domestic abuse was a one off.

Wonder how'd she feel if she got lamped and was told 'first time's free'.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Z the IVth posted:

Wonder how'd she feel if she got lamped and was told 'first time's free'.

To my knowledge, the answer to domestic violence is not usually more violence, and I don't think it's even very good at changing people's minds about violence

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You don't change minds through violence, you remove them.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

You don't change minds through violence, you remove them.

I'm all in favour of killing people, just not giving a dumbfuck a slap and expecting them to get smarter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1634319178193616896?t=jjEgxEMNJkgQ9UzyKM3D0Q&s=19

:yeshaha:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think they've hosed it, lads

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The BBC has written his obituary already.... lol

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1634299179001339904

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
You just know that Alan Partridge would be ringing up offering his services as a scab presenter.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Fiona Bruce and Laura Kuenssberg not available?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the tories are of course “increasingly isolated”, but i’m sure some of them are worried that the culture war has suddenly become two fronts with celebs and sport stars fighting back, rather than a one way attack on immigrants and trans people with the support of the tabloids

the sun relies on their sports coverage for sales, they can’t afford to choose either side in this battle lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I mean they went after football, that's sacred.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean they went after football, that's sacred.

really is the unofficial national religion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

He was putting his tag up, obviously.