Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder if we're going to reach a point where 5* characters end up being more of side-grades to existing characters rather than opening up entirely new metas.

We have all seven elements now. We can get all sorts of reactions. I have a feeling that we're going to get people upset that the new 5* isn't the #1 best in meta more often as we keep moving forward.

I hope so, power creep loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder if we're going to reach a point where 5* characters end up being more of side-grades to existing characters rather than opening up entirely new metas.

We have all seven elements now. We can get all sorts of reactions. I have a feeling that we're going to get people upset that the new 5* isn't the #1 best in meta more often as we keep moving forward.
Every 5 star from 1.6 to 2.8 has been called a side or a down grade so it will be a return to form after the dendro patch.

And I do mean every single one.

Kazuha -> Sucrose sidegrade
Ayaka -> Ganyu downgrade
Yoimiya -> Diluc downgrade
Sayu -> Jean downgrade
Raiden -> Fischl sidegrade
Sara -> Bennett downgrade
Kokomi -> Barbara sidegrade
Shenhe -> Ganyu/Rosaria sidegrade
Itto -> Noelle sidegrade
Yae -> Fischl downgrade
Kuki -> Fischl sidegrade
Thoma -> Xinyan sidegrade
Ayato -> Childe sidegrade
Yelan -> Xingqiu sidegrade

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 10, 2023

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Are there 4* Sumeru characters with a local specialty radar or should I just pray for Tighnari? Finding the worms for Dehya isn't hard, but it's boring.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Stare-Out posted:

So is Dehya on the standard banner in the next patch or once these banners are done (are they the same thing?) Wondering if I should save my blue fates for a hail mary as I'm closing in on pity.

On another Qiqi almost certainly, but still.

Last time, Tighnari wasn't added until the next patch. Adjust your pull strategy accordingly

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

Last time, Tighnari wasn't added until the next patch. Adjust your pull strategy accordingly

Hearing conflicting reports is all. I'll hang on to them until I'm sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

So is Dehya on the standard banner in the next patch or once these banners are done (are they the same thing?) Wondering if I should save my blue fates for a hail mary as I'm closing in on pity.
She won't be added until the next patch. They said so in the stream.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

She won't be added until the next patch. They said so in the stream.

Okay cool, thanks.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Debating whether to use one of my two banked 5* pities on Ayaka or Baizhu. I want Kazuha guaranteed regardless, but if I'm gonna burn a 50/50 on one of those two, I'm wondering who to go for. I have Mona now, so I don't really need Ayaka's utilities then, and thus the only thing she would bring to my roster is a cryo dps since I have no cryo 5*s.

Baizhu, on the other hand, might give me more survivability since I don't have Kokomi. I do have Yaoyao and Kuki, though, so it's not like I'm completely out of luck on healing.

I have no preference on their waifu/husbando qualities, this is purely a meta decision. I guess having Chinese Orochimaru would be funny, tho.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Tree Reformat posted:

Debating whether to use one of my two banked 5* pities on Ayaka or Baizhu. I want Kazuha guaranteed regardless, but if I'm gonna burn a 50/50 on one of those two, I'm wondering who to go for. I have Mona now, so I don't really need Ayaka's utilities then, and thus the only thing she would bring to my roster is a cryo dps since I have no cryo 5*s.

Baizhu, on the other hand, might give me more survivability since I don't have Kokomi. I do have Yaoyao and Kuki, though, so it's not like I'm completely out of luck on healing.

I have no preference on their waifu/husbando qualities, this is purely a meta decision. I guess having Chinese Orochimaru would be funny, tho.

Changsheng doesn't play any role in Baizhu's skills or talents, unfortunately.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Tree Reformat posted:

Debating whether to use one of my two banked 5* pities on Ayaka or Baizhu.
Ayaya is the most generic overtuned pure Cryo DPS character possible, and not in a bad way. Cryo isn't very exciting at the moment because it has no interactions with dendro, but since we're headed to the hydro region soon, it's not a bad idea to lock in a strong cryo character to prep for that.

Aside from that, I'd say just wait until you have a chance to play baizhu's trial to see if you like his mechanics at all.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

sushibandit posted:

Ayaya is the most generic overtuned pure Cryo DPS character possible, and not in a bad way. Cryo isn't very exciting at the moment because it has no interactions with dendro, but since we're headed to the hydro region soon, it's not a bad idea to lock in a strong cryo character to prep for that.

yeah i can’t wait for shatter to be useful

finally, eula’s chance to shine (until about 3 hours into fontaine when suddenly everything is ruin poo poo again)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I want to take every single person on the Dehyamains subreddit and shove them into lockers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

They should give Cryo a Dendro reaction called "Wilt" that just kills all nearby Dendro application and reactions (and does nothing else).

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Shatterbloom seems cool though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

4 star dendro sword Kirara (previously 5 star geo bow Momoka)
I'm starting to think these leaks are not very reliable.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Mordiceius posted:

I want to take every single person on the Dehyamains subreddit and shove them into lockers.

The stuff mentioned here reminds me of why I don't pay attention to Reddit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm starting to think these leaks are not very reliable.

They got insider info, the leaks are reliable. They were also incredibly early concept designs because the art had her with a geo.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

goals

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

I thought we got there with Cyno to be honest. Good character for sure but a sidegrade.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

They got insider info, the leaks are reliable. They were also incredibly early concept designs because the art had her with a geo.

its kind of interesting insight into the design process that an element can change even after they have finalized looking art, though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So for the Jeht quest, is there more stuff to do after you murder the whole tribe or is that the end of the story stuff for now?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So for the Jeht quest, is there more stuff to do after you murder the whole tribe or is that the end of the story stuff for now?

I presume jeht is now off making a cosplay outfit suitable for a future gacha character.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DancingShade posted:

I presume jeht is now off making a cosplay outfit suitable for a future gacha character.

Gods I hope so. Granted I don't want to get Dehya'd again, I couldn't handle it. :ohdear:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eimi posted:

Gods I hope so. Granted I don't want to get Dehya'd again, I couldn't handle it. :ohdear:

I would honestly take Candace over Dehya any day. Let's hope the whole Dehya situation pays off in 4.XX or is a one-off.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
My hope for Jeht is that she ends up meeting the other Sumeru NPC whose sprawling questline ended with them wandering off to who knows where.

re: Baizhu: I'm still pretty interested in him to a) replace Zhongli in my Tighnari team, and b) if he works well with Cyno, hopefully he also does with Cyno At Home (keqing)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DancingShade posted:

I thought we got there with Cyno to be honest. Good character for sure but a sidegrade.

Maybe the ~*~discourse~*~ is always this loving dogshit. I haven't really every paid attention and the leadup to Dehya is basically the first time I've paid any attention to the greater fan community. But goddamn every one of these nerds should lose their account until they spend an adequate amount of time touching grass.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe the ~*~discourse~*~ is always this loving dogshit. I haven't really every paid attention and the leadup to Dehya is basically the first time I've paid any attention to the greater fan community. But goddamn every one of these nerds should lose their account until they spend an adequate amount of time touching grass.

It's people using their emotional processing over rational, for good or bad. They need a new high or its an automatic low.

Like, I'm a huge Yae Miko enthusiast. Love using her because of the auto turrets, it really suits me. Plus I like the character. She was "written off" as clunky and bad when released, inferior to fischl and raiden. Never stopped me enjoying her and hyperbloom (specifically with nahida) made her extremely good. Especially with the newer artifacts.

It's entirely possible some future unreleased character will renovate any pre-existing character (like Dehya or.... Keqing) to new levels of performance. Or not. Ultimately its just a video game, the content is easy and people just need to play it, enjoy it and hopefully do so with characters they like using.

If everything new is dogshit because it can't beat some abyss clear time set by a speed runner I mean... respectfully to those people, sort of... who really gives a poo poo?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dehya definitely has design and clunk issues and probably shouldn't have been released in this state but in a live service game stuff like this is going to happen. I can understand being disappointed and sending an email to customer support pointing out these problems, but anything beyond that is just nerd rage.

And given how many characters towards the end of Inazuma were obviously designed with Sumeru/Dendro in mind in hindsight (Yae, Kuki, Thoma) it's reasonable to assume that something in Fontaine will at least give Dehya more purpose.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Dehya definitely has design and clunk issues and probably shouldn't have been released in this state but in a live service game stuff like this is going to happen. I can understand being disappointed and sending an email to customer support pointing out these problems, but anything beyond that is just nerd rage.

And given how many characters towards the end of Inazuma were obviously designed with Sumeru/Dendro in mind in hindsight (Yae, Kuki, Thoma) it's reasonable to assume that something in Fontaine will at least give Dehya more purpose.

Yeah.

Plus unsubstantiated rumors have long hinted at 2 future elements (light / dark) and who knows what that will do to the meta at the time in a couple more years.

Just enjoy the game, enjoy the characters and whether it takes you 3 seconds or 4.5 seconds to kill that hillichurl I'm pretty sure you're still killing it. It's all good.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Plus unsubstantiated rumors have long hinted at 2 future elements (light / dark) and who knows what that will do to the meta at the time in a couple more years.
My biggest question about that is: what's pseudo-Greek for "Darkness"?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

Puts on leather jacket, slicks back hair with handfuls of gel & comb, puts on sunglasses. Checks teeth in mirror. Looks into camera.

"Probably the Turkish word for darkness".

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FractalSandwich posted:

It's gotta end in "o," so something like *checks a thesaurus* Obscur... o?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Does Wanderer get any traversal benefits by raising levels/ascension? Currently I have him at lvl 20 and am just using him for travel purposes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

With how much Dendro added to the game, even if they had no plans to add new elements previously, I have to imagine they'll be thinking about it. Nahida was the second best selling banner ever, and Alhaitham did pretty well too. Plus there's Dainsleif.

With Light/Dark, I have to imagine they'd be closer to Anemo and Geo. My main thought is something where Light would turn the element it resonates with into a buff based on what element it is, sort of like Wanderer's absorption passive.

Pyro: Attack
Hydro: HP
Cryo: Crit DMG
Electro: Attack Speed
Dendro: EM

And with Dark, I think it'd just turn the element into a big nuke that doesn't spread the element around, but maybe has different AOE or properties? Say Dark into Pyro is a big dark explosion, dark into dendro is homing dark bullets, etc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Does Wanderer get any traversal benefits by raising levels/ascension? Currently I have him at lvl 20 and am just using him for travel purposes.
His A1 gives him slightly more flight stamina if he swirls Hydro when he taps E. Considering how many rivers there are in the overworld you'll be hitting that a lot.

His A4 gives him a free dash, but he has to hit something first, and it's a low chance for it, so that isn't really a traversal benefit.

The stamina in his flight mode doesn't scale with levels or talent levels, or any stat.

So get him to 20/40 instead of 20/20 if he isn't already.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FractalSandwich posted:

I'd imagine they'd go with umbris/umbral or abyss, for light I'd have guessed lumine, lumina or Lumino but they already named one of the twins Lumine

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

His A1 gives him slightly more flight stamina if he swirls Hydro when he taps E. Considering how many rivers there are in the overworld you'll be hitting that a lot.

His A4 gives him a free dash, but he has to hit something first, and it's a low chance for it, so that isn't really a traversal benefit.

The stamina in his flight mode doesn't scale with levels or talent levels, or any stat.

So get him to 20/40 instead of 20/20 if he isn't already.

Counterpoint: bring him up to 80 so he doesn't keel over from a single lucky arrow while he's gliding around.

...I still use Zhongli to cover his rear end, tho.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

I'd imagine they'd go with umbris/umbral or abyss, for light I'd have guessed lumine, lumina or Lumino but they already named one of the twins Lumine
Astra/Abyssoque :pseudo:

Kale
May 14, 2010

edit: too early on a Saturday and totally screwed up my own quote chain so gently caress it anyway, but that Dehyamains shitposting sub has already declined into just whining about the community that won't join their cause and doesn't agree with everything they say. Just a bunch of loud disorganized harassers as expected.

Even that places mod seems to agree that its turned into a harassment and shitposting blog and made a shitposting containment megathread since the sub is meant to be a character specific one to discuss the character, not a grievance spewing meme shitposting pity party where you do that uniquely American thing where you post specifically in the context of what your enemies are purported to think and rant about them without ever actually hiking up your socks and directly confronting them about your grievances.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Does Thoma's burst still use the elemental shield from his skill? And if that's the case then what does the scaling on his elemental burst mean? It's this tiny amount like 2.3% max HP + 282 at level 12

What teams do people use for burgeon Thoma? You kinda need a frequent normal attacker to actually proc Thoma's joint attacks. Doesn't burgeon chain-react with every other dendro core in range of the explosion?

edit: The burst description makes me think the burst has some weak-rear end shield but that doesn't seem to be the case so :confused:

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 11, 2023