Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Alaois posted:

even without DJ Moore there's no way they're worse than the Giants

I dunno man the Giants at least have Saquon and maybe Wan’dale Robinson is good? The panthers have uhhhhh *Butthead laughing noises*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dexo posted:

Cole Kmet is good, but is running into the issue where like, the Bears offensive Line was so dire, he had to stay in and block, and if he didn't stay in and block Justin was getting sacked or running for his life before routes develop.

I meant the Panthers current group.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Docjowles posted:

I dunno man the Giants at least have Saquon and maybe Wan’dale Robinson is good? The panthers have uhhhhh *Butthead laughing noises*

if Wan'Dale Robinson is the bar then I would say at the very least Laviska Shenault clears it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1634329314257932289?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who's gonna be his tee higgins

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
That reasoning is really loving dumb. You don't go to number one unless you're absolutely sure the guy you're getting can play and play now. That's why lottery tickets cost $1 and not $1000

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It’s funny if it’s Richardson because he’s not ready and may never be.

It’s funny if it’s Bryce because he’s a tiny man.

I’d say Stroud is the least funny option.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pundits are going to be saying Richardson for weeks because it gets them clicks. Because it's polarising as gently caress. I'd ignore it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Pundits are going to be saying Richardson for weeks because it gets them clicks. Because it's polarising as gently caress. I'd ignore it.

No one believed Travon Walker and his RAS score were going #1 either but it’s a different NFL now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Having a hard time disagreeing with this

quote:

from: https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1634331560211038209

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jalen Carter at 5 would be highway robbery for SEA

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ehud posted:

It’s funny if it’s Richardson because he’s not ready and may never be.

It’s funny if it’s Bryce because he’s a tiny man.

I’d say Stroud is the least funny option.

:emptyquote:

I like Richardson due to his potential but selling the farm AND DJ loving MOORE would be braindead if Richardson is their guy. The pick has gotta be CJ or Young.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

Having a hard time disagreeing with this

If Seattle can't get Stroud then I hope he goes first overall because he deserves to be the first QB taken.

OTOH I want him to be happy and have success, so maybe he should go later.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hear there's a video on YouTube of Josh McCown before Carolina hired him as QB coach just jizzing himself over CJ Stroud.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

I hear there's a video on YouTube of Josh McCown before Carolina hired him as QB coach just jizzing himself over CJ Stroud.

McCown got hired as a QB coach in Carolina? Wow how did I miss that? :cheers:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
CJ Stroud is probably the safest pick so that makes the most sense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/actionnetworkhq/status/1634332296533749760?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

CJ Stroud is probably the safest pick so that makes the most sense.

Didn't Reich run more of a rhythm, WCO-esque passing game too? Stroud's the best fit for that since he's got the best accuracy and throws well in rhythm

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If the Panthers are that sure of a guy, this makes all the sense in the world for both sides.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fennesz posted:

I grabbed this straight from twitter I have no idea how true it is.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Go bears

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I grabbed this straight from twitter I have no idea how true it is.

I'm not gonna watch half an hour of this to find out what he said but google immediately turned up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xleNH2o9VfM

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
this is a perfect trade for the bears because after the panthers draft richardson then the bears with next years first from the panthers they can draft a QB #1 overall after justin fields proves himself a bust

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Apparently it's already out that Carolina will consider trading down a spot or 2 if they like more than 1 QB.

Is this them daring Houston to come get Young.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1634339859606192128

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

Apparently it's already out that Carolina will consider trading down a spot or 2 if they like more than 1 QB.

Is this them daring Houston to come get Young.

https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status/1634337219715665921?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well drat I really thought they were going after Stroud

edit: dear Carolina, if you're looking to recoup some picks...let's talk Brian Burns

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 11, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’ll be interesting to see how teams like the Colts or Raiders are going to react knowing they might be getting QB4 on their boards. If you’re the Raiders there might not even be one left.

Someone else is going to trade up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Diva Cupcake posted:

It’ll be interesting to see how teams like the Colts or Raiders are going to react knowing they might be getting QB4 on their boards. If you’re the Raiders there might not even be one left.

Someone else is going to trade up.

Arizona on draft day is going to get a silly offer for that third pick.

Indy might really be left holding the bag.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

fennesz posted:

and quietly hired Jim Caldwell. That looks like some solid coaching

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

edit: dear Carolina, if you're looking to recoup some picks...let's talk Brian Burns

Apparently he’s worth two first round picks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

and quietly hired Jim Caldwell. That looks like some solid coaching

They did the right thing with the staff this year. For their coordinators they went younger but also hired some old heads in Caldwell and Capers to serve as assistants. I really like that move of having guys who are probably past wanting a HC gig but been there and done that for just about every job in their specialty in the building.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Apparently he’s worth two first round picks.

I wonder if he was part of the negotiations at some points which Chicago.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Glad something worth talking about finally happened after the massive cockteases of Lamar and Rodgers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that Poles traded Khalil Mack to the Rams for a 2nd and a 6th and with that 2nd got Jaquon Brisker their rookie of the year

The Bears having a good GM is strange

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1634349320118861825?t=OymNhKqmIuIRa-m9QqOKsg&s=

ok

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

kiimo posted:

Reminder that Poles traded Khalil Mack to the Rams for a 2nd and a 6th and with that 2nd got Jaquon Brisker their rookie of the year

They *did* trade a 2nd for chase claypool on the other hand...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Well hey, if you're happy with either Stroud or Young and have them with the same grade, why not tempt the Texans. If you recoup anything you're doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Traded Mack to who now