Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

As an American this feels a little tone deaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

funkmeister posted:

Unlocks are for host only (and you 'have' whatever the host has unlocked as the joiner).
It's fun trading off with a friend, useless otherwise for me. Unless you have everything unlocked and want the extra difficulty of 'what the hell will my coop do'.

This is kinda the impression I got. Unfortunately I have no gaming friends.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

kazil posted:

Maybe it's switching between the price of the original and then the remake?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2050650?emclan=103582791472628949&emgid=3653020827581436828

Unfortunately not, Capcom is increasing the price in certain currancies due to inflation.

quote:

Price adjustments in certain currencies
Due to fluctuation of local exchange rates, the following currencies have had pricing adjustments implemented. Please note that existing pre-orders are not affected. We thank you for your understanding.

Affected currencies: Brazilian Real, Argentine Peso, Colombian Peso, Turkish Lira

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Something hosed up is going on with ITAD and Resident Evil 4. The price history has one store selling it for $5 from all the way back in March '21 which almost certainly has to be the original game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

lol that owns

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I hate to be the joke ruiner lol but is this in regards to the derailed train that caused some ecological disaster in Ohio?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

buglord posted:

I hate to be the joke ruiner lol but is this in regards to the derailed train that caused some ecological disaster in Ohio?

There's been like 3 more train derails from the same company since then, including one derail that happened hours before the CEO testified to Congress.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Lol Jesus Christ man

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

pentyne posted:

There's been like 3 more train derails from the same company since then, including one derail that happened hours before the CEO testified to Congress.

the US has over 1000 train derailments per year

usually they don't involve nuking an Ohio town with a toxic chemical spill, but that Norfolk Southern one did!
and then since the Norfolk Southern one was such a big disaster, train crashes became trendy and the news started reporting on other kinds of derailments (which were already happening before but weren't considered newsworthy)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Azran posted:

'Never pre-order' doesn't apply to Argentina :v: The RE4 remake almost TRIPLED in price before it even released, goddamn

You guys seem to get completely hosed on game prices and I don't understand why.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So the no more heroes ports are straight garbage huh

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
norfolk southern derails as often as this thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ragequit posted:

Never heard of Dredge before today but it sounds like a chill and stressful time all in one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Vb-a2OLHc

I hope this is a complicated tie-in with Lake Dredge Appraisal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTifcI4A0jM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Regardless of how tasteless this is, how is this sim for realism, and accessibility / difficulty? Train Sim World 3 felt stupid in terms of controls, with zero options to just let the player press button and watch train go.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

The Lone Badger posted:

You guys seem to get completely hosed on game prices and I don't understand why.

just assuming this post is directed towards nintendo fans

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it says something about caiys that i've played their games for maybe forty minutes altogether and yet instantly recognized boneraiser minion as their work from the minimized screenshots alone

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

it says something about caiys that i've played their games for maybe forty minutes altogether and yet instantly recognized boneraiser minion as their work from the minimized screenshots alone

they have a very distinctive style. i'm into it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wo Long went up in price too before its release, if it hadn't been for an extremely kind goon I would've skipped it. Elden Ring went up in price once during preorders and then twice again between August and January. It went from 3000 ARS to 9000 ARS in the span of a year lol

The Lone Badger posted:

People buying through VPNs means there are more sales in the region than users basically; the Dead Cells and Troubleshooter devs mentioned that when they increased their prices.

kazil posted:

Maybe it's switching between the price of the original and then the remake?

Nah the remake is currently $224.99; for comparison the price for the remake before the price hike was 4999.99 :v:

Edmond Dantes posted:

gently caress's sake, that's not even regional pricing, it's more expensive than in USD. Did it even have a price listed before yesterday though? I would have definitely gotten it at 5k, but I seem to remember it was just "coming soon".

I'm so tired of this country. :negative:

Yup! It's been available for preorder for the last, uh, month or so? A whole month at the very least, maybe two.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Azran posted:

People buying through VPNs means there are more sales in the region than users basically; the Dead Cells and Troubleshooter devs mentioned that when they increased their prices.

Yeah the situation sucks -- it's hard to fault the devs here if they have clear data that says the large majority of people buying at regional pricing rates don't actually live in that region (this is what I saw for Dead Cells at least) but it's also hard for me to get that mad at anyone trying to jump on a deal through legal channels (even if they're in violation of TOS)

Speaking of, I had always heard that loving around with VPNs to take advantage of regional pricing was one of the few things Steam would nuke your account for -- is that no longer the case? I was definitely surprised to read how prevalent it is.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I am throwing a party tomorrow and I'm thinking of buying an extra game or two for local multi-player geared for a party atmosphere.

I already have all the Jackbox games, Gang Beasts, Nidhogg, etc. What are some other good ones to consider? I've heard Overcooked and Moving Out are also good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I am throwing a party tomorrow and I'm thinking of buying an extra game or two for local multi-player geared for a party atmosphere.

I already have all the Jackbox games, Gang Beasts, Nidhogg, etc. What are some other good ones to consider? I've heard Overcooked and Moving Out are also good.

I assume they have local coop but Golf Gang and Ultimate Chicken Horse are fun

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The deadliest train crash in Greek history occured not even two weeks ago. It involved a head-on collision between a freight train and a passenger train. 57 people died.

What I am saying is, they had a way better train crash to be upset about. The Ohio one has only killed animals thus far? Pfft.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

The deadliest train crash in Greek history occured not even two weeks ago. It involved a head-on collision between a freight train and a passenger train. 57 people died.

What I am saying is, they had a way better train crash to be upset about. The Ohio one has only killed animals thus far? Pfft.

it's also poisoned human beings, but, there doesn't need to be a pissing contest between who got it worse

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Duck Game

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I don't have anything other to add than the Jackbox games, but how many people does the game need to handle? Do you have the controllers, or will people need to play on the phones?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Azran posted:

Yup! It's been available for preorder for the last, uh, month or so? A whole month at the very least, maybe two.

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I'll never get it at this price. God dammit.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I don't know your controller situation, but if you have enough of them and the kind of company to lol at dicks Genital Jousting was a hit, plus the single-player campaign is genuinely funny and good

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Lovers in a dangerous space time is our 4 player favorite, everyone loves it better than the other games you listed, both gamers and non-gamers

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

We got a thread to talk about Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children?

Currently quite deep in the game but my troubleshooter group is still Bronze rank - is there a mechanic to increase its rank?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924497

I think Troubleshooter Rank is a vestigial feature? Or otherwise connected to online - there are A LOT of those back from when this was supposed to be an MMO

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Azran posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924497

I think Troubleshooter Rank is a vestigial feature? Or otherwise connected to online - there are A LOT of those back from when this was supposed to be an MMO

Cheers - glad I didn't miss a mechanic at least.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

OhFunny posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2050650?emclan=103582791472628949&emgid=3653020827581436828

Unfortunately not, Capcom is increasing the price in certain currancies due to inflation.

The size of the increase is absolutely not proportional at all to real inflation over the pre-order period in all those countries. I've checked.

It's more like they want the base price to be closer to direct USD conversion but ignoring purchasing power disparities. Which is just sheer greed at the end of the day.

Objectively speaking, this is going to stimulate waiting for a big sale or just outright piracy.

wielder fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 11, 2023

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wielder posted:

The size of the increase is absolutely not proportional at all to real inflation over the pre-order period in all those countries. I've checked.

It's more like they want the base price to be closer to direct USD conversion but ignoring purchasing power disparities. Which is just sheer greed at the end of the day.

Objectively speaking, this is going to stimulate waiting for a big sale or just outright piracy.

Might be based on Steam's recent adjustments to their recommended regional pricing. Some indie devs have been suggesting the huge jumps in Turkey and Argentina are more about discouraging people from swapping regions to get games much cheaper than they could in their own currency, and I guess deciding the people who actually live in those countries can get hosed.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 11, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the US has over 1000 train derailments per year

that cant be rright

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://www.wsiu.org/2023-03-09/there-are-about-3-u-s-train-derailments-per-day-they-arent-usually-major-disasters

it is!

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

Mescal posted:

that cant be rright

I thought that was an interesting stat as well:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mescal posted:

that cant be rright

Americans don't know what infrastructure is.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As an American...
hahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

quote:

Industry leaders say that most derailments occur within the confines of rail yards, and suggest that trains are safer than other modes of transportation, such as driving. Last year train derailments injured sixteen people and left one person dead, federal data shows.

There's good reason to dunk on American infrastructure but most derails aren't even close to the scale of what happened in Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

As an American you should feel more dunked on by that email because the US doesn't even have passenger rail