Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Mason Greenwood is apparently having a baby with the woman he was accused of assaulting.

Given the timelines, the conception occurred while the charges were still active and he wasn't allowed any contact with her, and that's why all of the charges were dropped a few weeks ago.

I knew they were back together now but jesus christ, that's depressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
messi wins the world cup

big ron makes a few hundred million

a paramilitary unit shows up in messi's wife's supermarket, threatening to kill messi: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/02/lionel-messi-supermarket-attack-threatening-note-argentina

:thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is horrendous

https://twitter.com/Raphael_Gellar/status/1632391264619380736?s=20
https://twitter.com/Raphael_Gellar/status/1632391269543473155?s=20

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
The problem with fascists is that they are utter, utter cunts.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
fascists are bad, but have you considered that kyle walker got his nob out at a bar and might be on his way to the sex offenders list?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How fascist are the Brazilian footballers that endorsed Bolsonaro?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
a mix of morons and religious nutjobs, i.e., the standard fascist voter base

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

fascists are bad, but have you considered that kyle walker got his nob out at a bar and might be on his way to the sex offenders list?

That's a term of endearment in sheffield

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
They didn't call him Nobby Solano for nothing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Barcelona face corruption charges over referee payments scandal - report

quote:

Prosecutors are seeking corruption charges against Barcelona and former president Josep Maria Bartomeu following the unearthing of payments to the former vice president of the refereeing committee, judicial sources have confirmed to Spanish news agency EFE.

Until now, former referee Jose Maria Enriquez Negreira had been the sole focus of the investigation for payments worth €1.4 million received from Barca between 2016 and 2018.

Are there any levers they can pull to get out of this?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

More bribes?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's worked before. Bernie Ecclestone managed exactly that in an F1 corruption case.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

How fascist are the Brazilian footballers that endorsed Bolsonaro?

Bruno g's wife posted a pro Lula pro democracy thing to Instagram so make of that what you will

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Neymar fucks his family

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/status/1587023100016824320?s=20

Love a good chant

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
No English news article to link to on this one yet, as the news broke late in the evening, but it turns out that the sports desk for Dutch public broadcast television has been absoltuely dire. A report came out tonight, with credible evidence, that for more than twenty years several major presenters fostered a toxic workplace culture including notable presenters having affairs with interns half their age, and aggressive bullying of anyone in the editing room who didn’t support Ajax, including one of the biggest names in Dutch football reporting screaming in the face of a PSV-supporter when PSV conceded a goal in a European match.

And the cherry on the poo poo-sundae is that the wife of that presenter, Tom Egberts (who was the aforementioned screaming bully, and also one of the guys having affairs with women half his age, and also referred to her as ‘the serpent’ when discussing her with colleagues after she broke it off) is married to the woman leading the organisation that was founded a few years ago to give people a place to file reports of abuse and (sexual) harassment in the Dutch entertainment industry after a major sex abuse scandal broke at the Dutch edition of The Voice.

And the worst part is, the people in charge of sports broadcasting knew that all of this was going on. Not only did female staff members and interns circulate e-mails amongst themselves warning each other to stay away from certain men, multiple women have come forward stating that when applying for internships, they were flat-out told by the managers of sports broadcasting that they shouldn’t apply to have certain men as mentors because ‘they didn’t know how to behave themselves around women’.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Skios posted:

And the cherry on the poo poo-sundae is that the wife of that presenter, Tom Egberts (who was the aforementioned screaming bully, and also one of the guys having affairs with women half his age, and also referred to her as ‘the serpent’ when discussing her with colleagues after she broke it off) is married to the woman leading the organisation that was founded a few years ago to give people a place to file reports of abuse and (sexual) harassment in the Dutch entertainment industry after a major sex abuse scandal broke at the Dutch edition of The Voice.

Wait, so Egberts' wife is married to another woman as well? How many spouses does she have?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is what happens when you live below sea level

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Steven Gerrard spent Paddy's Day with Kinehan cartel members at Conor McGregor's pub:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...b-42394077.html

Rumours that his daughter is shagging another gang member. That's pretty much it for management in England for him I reckon. Football isn't boxing, you can't just hang out with wanted crime families. Unless he's planning on going to Italy or South America I guess.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

probably won’t be going back to rangers any time soon lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

greazeball posted:

Steven Gerrard spent Paddy's Day with Kinehan cartel members at Conor McGregor's pub:

Rumours that his daughter is shagging another gang member. That's pretty much it for management in England for him I reckon. Football isn't boxing, you can't just hang out with wanted crime families. Unless he's planning on going to Italy or South America I guess.

lol rumours

quote:

Little (24) from the Drimnagh area of Dublin, has been identified by CAB in the High Court as being a low-level member of the Byrne Organised Crime Group.

He is close pals with Liam Byrne’s son Lee.

Lee has no involvement in crime and is going out with Gerrard’s daughter Lilly-Ella.

In recent weeks Gerrard posted pictures of himself on a night out with Little as well as Lee and Lilly and wished Little a happy birthday.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

greazeball posted:

I was going to say he could come to Boston and manage the New England Revolution, but that area of the USA also gave the world drinks called the "Black & Tan" and the "Irish Car Bomb" for the lols.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
There are no pictures of this but it's been widely reported that a completely nude Gianluca Mancini tried to fight Alessio Romagnoli after the latter decided it would be a good idea to go celebrate Lazio's derby win directly outside of the opposition locker room.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats italian af

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Jose posted:

thats italian af

Nude manager boxing is probably something Mancini learnt on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

cagliostr0 posted:

Nude manager boxing is probably something Mancini learnt on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke

James Beattie definitely did

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

greazeball posted:

That's pretty much it for management in England for him I reckon. Football isn't boxing, you can't just hang out with wanted crime families. Unless he's planning on going to Italy or South America I guess.

What's given you that idea?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I think you can hang around wanted crime families if they own the team you're managing.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

What's given you that idea?

He's a time traveler from 1983

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-footballer-arrested-police-26538969

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's a wrong'un

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Not a big fan of the anonymous 29-year old footballer from North London

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

Not a big fan of the anonymous 29-year old footballer from North London

Maybe a certain North London club will consider not playing him now.

Lol.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Dudley posted:

Lol.

akshully that club sent one of their physios to Ghana with that unnamed player to help ensure he stays healthy over the international break

https://twitter.com/Ghanasoccernet/status/1638244104030023695

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

Lol.

I don't think that a certain North London club will do that when the anonymous 29-year old footballer has been their best player this season, and if you pointed to certain results in their season you'd be made aware that said anonymous player was so anonymous they weren't even in the squad

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Not best player but the best option in that role for sure. I'd be surprised if he doesnt move to a more rape accepting league in the summer given Arsenal are front runners for Declan Rice.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

trem_two posted:

akshully that club sent one of their physios to Ghana with that unnamed player to help ensure he stays healthy over the international break

Yeah this is a real weird one. Not sure if it’s injury related, or other. Or both!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

trem_two posted:

For legal reasons I must point out this picture is unrelated and does not mean to imply Thomas "The Rapist" Partey needs a chaperone to make sure he doesn't accidentally do a rape while out of the country.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This belongs here: A retrospective on the lunacy of Arda Turan...

https://twitter.com/UpshotTowers/status/1638156006873088000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Didn't he get into politics because he was friends with Erdogan, then fall out with him and now he's driving an Uber in the US with all of his assets in Turkey frozen or something? Or was that someone else?

edit: no, that's Hakan Sukur.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 24, 2023