Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

Did anyone else think the bottom was all sorts of messed up? God, I -love- me some Mistress, but she deserved bottom two for her horrible interview. And of the bottom two, I love Selina, but she basically pulled what most TikTok-ers do and repeated Beyonce's choreography! I preferred Malaysia, making the song hers and interacting with Selina.

That song sets up you for comparison against the music video - I think doing a different dance entirely just feels jarring because the dance is so connected to the song. It'd be like lip syncing to Macarena but coming up with a new dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Pan Dulce posted:

Did anyone else think the bottom was all sorts of messed up? God, I -love- me some Mistress, but she deserved bottom two for her horrible interview. And of the bottom two, I love Selina, but she basically pulled what most TikTok-ers do and repeated Beyonce's choreography! I preferred Malaysia, making the song hers and interacting with Selina.

I wish Mistress had been in the bottom two instead of Selina. One, because her interview was the second worst next to Malaysia, and two, because she definitely would have put more effort into it than just copying Beyoncé. Like, you are not going to be as good as Beyoncé, so just do your own thing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i thought mistress wasnt gonna lip sync just bc of how good that runway was but her interview was awful and i wouldnt have been mad if she lip synched

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I feel like the queens who got paired up with Love Connie were set up to fail because he's the absolute worst guest to interview due to how much he's trying to hog screentime and attention. Luxe, amusingly enough, could handle it because 1) they're in a golf cart so the level of antics you can get away with is a lot lower 2) her narcissism matched and maybe overpowered that of Love Connie's. Frankie was super nice and Charo marches to her own beat but isn't trying to bulldoze you in the process. My theory is that the latter two are celebrities in their own right while Love Connie is desperately scrambling for whatever screen time he can get.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Drag Race Sverige: Wrong bottom two. Antonina Nutshell had such TERRIBLE, low-effort drag. It was just such cheap drag that didn't even elucidate the theme much. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by her. And as for the lip-sync, send BOTH home. It was bad. Still, the top looks were top for a reason. One drag queen had literal candles on FIRE melting on her head. Christ, that's epic!

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Drag Race Sverige: Wrong bottom two. Antonina Nutshell had such TERRIBLE, low-effort drag. It was just such cheap drag that didn't even elucidate the theme much. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by her. And as for the lip-sync, send BOTH home. It was bad. Still, the top looks were top for a reason. One drag queen had literal candles on FIRE melting on her head. Christ, that's epic!

Eh, the real candles on head is something you see every Lucia starting at a high school level. Wax coming down the face was a notch up tho. Lip sync was bad, Antoninas was bad and I 100% thought she was going home from the confessionals

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It's been long discussed how in early seasons at least, queens knew when they were getting sent home that day because they would be given the bill for their hotel stay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-xCFws4m2g

According to this video which is a summary of the viewing party Friday at Roscoe's in Chicago, queens are asked to talk about a traumatic experience on their final episode. Malaysia was in good spirits that day, and had nothing to talk about, but producers kept on pressuring her to get emotional and talk about a sob story. At that point, she turned to the other girls and said that it was her final day based on what the producers were saying.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
This is the ABSOLUTE BEST "elimination tea", and I will take no arguments. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWQrASys1ho

(Tatianna discussing her elimination on AS2)

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
My wife is very into this whole “RuPaul is retiring and Sasha will replace her” conspiracy theory.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

RuPaul died a while ago, weve been on body doubles ever since the full face visor runway

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I don’t know what they were supposed to do when Charro is more intelligible than whatever garbage Love Connie was doing. What the rear end was that? My soul left my body from cringing that hard. I didn’t live for his visit in the previous seasons, and this one wasn’t doing it either.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just laugh and act like it’s the funniest poo poo you ever heard. It’s not that hard. But who knows how they were prompted going into the challenge

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally, a proper length preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcJ65tQo2U

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Something Else posted:

Just laugh and act like it’s the funniest poo poo you ever heard. It’s not that hard. But who knows how they were prompted going into the challenge

Oh, like how they were all screaming laughing at that stupid Daytona winds nonsense? Both were garbage, mawma. Honestly, I’m just here to enjoy Sasha be great, Lucy smash it every time (even though the shady rear end judges are trying to break her down), Mistress being That Bitch we know she is, and Anetra just Anetra-ing along and doing her “I’m going to stab you” face she does. Any one of them could win and I’d be happy for it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

This mini-challenge had me screaming! The queens keep showing why they’re iconic and I live. This mini-challenge needs to return in future seasons.

Let’s not forget this is also the first 90 minute episode so I’m curious how the vibe changes.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

"No more Mrs. Nice EsTitties!" had me howling

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Imagine that not being a double stay. Rig

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Is there a sad version of the party horn? Because that’s what I feel right now.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

zelah posted:

Do they still do those?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
For this they should have.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Yeah, that was maybe the best lip sync of the season. But I think it was still the end of the road for the queen who went home, the judges were clearly over her.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
This is the first episode my lady has watched this season and her first comment was that Marcia looks like a tween.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tulalip Tulips posted:

This is the first episode my lady has watched this season and her first comment was that Marcia looks like a tween.

I still don't think anyone will look like a literal child more than Blair St Clair did in her first season (out of drag, I mean).

zelah posted:

:yeah:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

I still don't think anyone will look like a literal child more than Blair St Clair did in her first season (out of drag, I mean).

Blair St Clair looks a lot like a foster youth I had on my case who was also super in to Drag Race so basically same. She and I both are full in on Sasha at least and she pointed out that Mistress looks and sounds like a really good friend of mine so now it's all I can see.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Blair St Clair looks a lot like a foster youth I had on my case who was also super in to Drag Race so basically same. She and I both are full in on Sasha at least and she pointed out that Mistress looks and sounds like a really good friend of mine so now it's all I can see.

Blair today

https://twitter.com/BlairStClair/st...Fblair-st-clair

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Good for Blair, terrible for my brain.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Y'all, there's just something about Willow's Luther Vandross "Never Too Much" lip sync that I'm obsessed with, and I can't quite put into words why. :allears:

I would like more Pointer Sisters lip-syncs, please and thank you!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've had drag race dreams where I'm on an anime episode and my Gundam inspired set.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Should have been a double. Good luck on an All Stars seasons Marciax3.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ahhhh! :supaburn: Free Willy 🐋

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

gandlethorpe posted:

Ahhhh! :supaburn: Free Willy 🐋

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA first I get Eurovision tickets and now that AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There's too many to have a double shantay but that matchup deserved it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

Y'all, there's just something about Willow's Luther Vandross "Never Too Much" lip sync that I'm obsessed with, and I can't quite put into words why. :allears:

banger song and great queen crushing it! it's one of my fave lipsynchs too

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

drat. I really wanted a double shantay, but I kinda knew in my heart that they're over Marciax3 and Estitties only made it because she listened to critiques. To be fair, most of them were middling to sucking hardcore. There's no Jinkx's, Ben De La Creme's, Bianca Del Rio's, or Bob's in the bunch.

I would have said it was a forgettable episode except for the lipsync. Thank GOODNESS we get the whole time, as opposed to the teeny video we've been getting.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This lipsync :psypop:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pan Dulce posted:

To be fair, most of them were middling to sucking hardcore. There's no Jinkx's, Ben De La Creme's, Bianca Del Rio's, or Bob's in the bunch.

A pretty forgettable comedy challenge, sadly. These queens are pretty funny, but not really in a stand-up environment.

Also no iconic bombs like Laganja, Farrah, Blair, or Utica. Still managed to be a skinny white girl who went home though.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

zelah posted:

The fact we have so many strong lipsync queens this season and the size of the cast not lending itself to double saves is a bit of a shame. While I do think some previous instances were pretty loving egregious, this season is really bringing out some of the best in the entire franchise.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There seems to be a pattern lately with odd number seasons having much better lip syncs, despite glaring season-wide issues.

Seasons 11 and 13 had huge issues with cast chemistry and heavy handed production, but easily had many of the best lip syncs of the franchise. This season has the last-minute cuts as well as a few mediocre challenges, but is no doubt stacked with great lip syncers. Conversely, 12 and 14 aren't remembered as much for lip syncs so much as their cast chemistry and the challenges.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man that's some production riggery in the challenge. Sasha's Demi Lovato joke was funnier than all those warmed over White People Be Like jokes from 2010 twitter.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Imagine being in the bottom 3 and your potential opponents are Anetra and Sasha loving Colby. I think Marcia x3 saw the writing on the wall and the fact she put up that much of a fight was impressive.

I’m still giggling at Anetra’s “Nipple ring” when she was getting into quick drag. Considering the shorter episodes up until now, it’s really impressive how memorable the front runner queens are. Sasha, Anetra, Mistress, Lux, Loosey and Salina are great in their own ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

dpkg chopra posted:

Is there a sad version of the party horn? Because that’s what I feel right now.

it’s chocolate 🎺😔