Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Daycare intermittently reports toddler has a temp, then does not. Covid negative.

Does he have any other symptoms besides a fever?

My son had an on and off temperature for a few days and it turned out to be a pretty nasty ear infection that apparently caused no ear pain. Antibiotics cleared it up pretty quickly.

Of course if you're sick then it's probably not an ear infection since they aren't contagious, but I thought I'd bring it up if you're worried about his fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I have ad free YouTube and I'll never go back. It also gives a higher cut to channels you watch a lot which is nice I suppose. But I live in Wisconsin so being as free during election cycles is a blessing

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Hadlock posted:

When youtube plays a full screen ad for ~15 seconds does the screen go black or, does it just somehow skip over that? $15 is kind of steep but also not ridiculously high since we don't have cable

No ads. Zero. Silch. Ever. I’m at the point where I’m shocked to see ads when I’m not logged in on a device, because I completely forgot Youtube had any.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

What ad blocker are y'all using? Mine keeps getting flagged by websites asking me to turn it off.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Alterian posted:

What ad blocker are y'all using? Mine keeps getting flagged by websites asking me to turn it off.

OK, we're hugely off-topic now but this is important. I think uBlock Origin is still the gold standard on desktop. No ads on web or youtube that I can remember in the last ~5 years. On iPhone I use Hush which does a decent job but not quite as good. (Also of course the iPhone youtube app can't be ad blocked - hence my intention to install a PiHole DNS server.)

The only thing I'm aware of that can get around a PiHole is some brands of smart TVs and game consoles, which hardcode an external DNS. Ref: https://labzilla.io/blog/force-dns-pihole

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Almost 4yo son started doing this thing where we says he loves us the size of different animals (I love you giraffe size!) and we just think of bigger and bigger animals. Very cute and felt like my own version of Iron Man's daughter "I love you three thousand" scene.

Except then he realized it's funnier to get a rise out of me by shrinking the animals sizes, until eventually he told me he loves me tardigrade size. So thank you Kratt brothers for sticking one of Earth's tiniest creatures on your animal show so that the love I receive is now microscopic.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
But think of the love's proportional strength!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Our love endures through conditions most others would find intolerable

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Looks like thrush is up next on the docket. Was not expecting that one.

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
My three-year-old won’t stop pooping in his pants. Please help we have no idea what to do.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
We resorted to bribery. We told our daughter that if she pooped in the potty then we gave her a scooter. She was about the same age and a year later she still remembers why she got the scooter.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
We had to use bribery as well for one of the twins, one piece of candy for going poop without being told to. Dude just has huge poops and holds them in, ending up with it coming out whether he wanted it to or not.

At least he only had one accident at kindergarten this year.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Not as big as a scooter, but we bribed hard with TV. If he goes poop in potty he gets TV even if it is like 15 minutes after he wakes up. Same thing, he was about 2 1/2 maybe (and ready to be trained), and it was golden.

Some kids aren’t like that, so ymmv, but after about 6 months he basically stopped demanding TV after/doing it for TV explicitly.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

boquiabierta posted:

My three-year-old won’t stop pooping in his pants. Please help we have no idea what to do.

last night my son was sitting in my lap watching tv and suddenly, accompanied by an awful stench, he started smiling and chanting "i poop in daddys lap, i poop in daddys lap"

thankfully it stayed in his pants but still wtf man t:mad:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Weekend away ended early after kid spiked a fever at 3am and puked

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Two days before a long-planed mini vacation, and guess who’s sick? That’s right, all of us. gently caress. Second time in 2 months.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Parenting thread: guess who’s sick? That’s right, all of us. gently caress.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My husband and I are idiots and agreed to take our 10 month old to an escape room that’s an hour’s drive away. Tomorrow. When DST hits and everything will already be thrown off. But it’s our friend’s birthday party and they’ve been super accommodating coming to visit us this past year. Someone please tell me our little man is going to be a champ.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

My husband and I are idiots and agreed to take our 10 month old to an escape room that’s an hour’s drive away. Tomorrow. When DST hits and everything will already be thrown off. But it’s our friend’s birthday party and they’ve been super accommodating coming to visit us this past year. Someone please tell me our little man is going to be a champ.

Lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

That’s probably fine but lol at the idea of taking a baby into an enclosed space with no exit

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
My daughter had sloppy joes at daycare earlier this week. She was telling me how delicious they were and kept calling them Sloppy Jones. Five days later and I’m still cracking up. Sloppy Jones. Wtf why is it so funny.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i don't think the baby will be able to escape

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

We bought our 7yo daughter a bike and new shoes today, which she was ecstatic about. On the way home, we stopped at a bar / restaurant for lunch. They had a little game area, so I gave her $0.50 to play the crane game. I warned her that they're harder than they look, and she might not win anything. She got close but didn't win. She then proclaimed today as "the worst day in her entire life" because she didn't win a cheap stuffed animal.

My sweet little girl... what about the bike and new shoes?

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 11, 2023

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

lobster shirt posted:

i don't think the baby will be able to escape

Amy escape room that accepts infants is just trying to pad its stats.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Dazerbeams posted:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

What would you like for breakfast?

People!

Um, that's cannibalism, which is generally frowned on...

Wanna eat cannibals!

This is age-appropriate subject matter to be discussing with a two-year-old, right?

Right?

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Koivunen posted:

My daughter had sloppy joes at daycare earlier this week. She was telling me how delicious they were and kept calling them Sloppy Jones. Five days later and I’m still cracking up. Sloppy Jones. Wtf why is it so funny.

I’m just imagining Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean but dripping with sloppy joe sauce.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Today, completely unprovoked, our 2 year old told us he wanted to peepee in the bathroom. We had a training seat that we got as a gift for his 1st birthday that we never bothered putting together, so I got it out, put it together, and he did in fact go peepee in the bathroom. I guess we're potty training now :shrug:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lead out in cuffs posted:

People!

Wanna eat cannibals!

This is age-appropriate subject matter to be discussing with a two-year-old, right?

Right?

did you let them watch the Chris Evans snowpiercer monologue?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Today, completely unprovoked, our 2 year old told us he wanted to peepee in the bathroom. We had a training seat that we got as a gift for his 1st birthday that we never bothered putting together, so I got it out, put it together, and he did in fact go peepee in the bathroom. I guess we're potty training now :shrug:

and now he woke up vomiting and it is everywhere

You win some you lose some

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
We moved yesterday and in scheduling all that, we didn't factor in the time change. So we nuked the toddlers sleep routine while also losing an hour

Need to merge :morning: and :gonk: to capture this feeling

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

We’re on vacation so the kid woke up in a strange place at a strange time. He cuddled with me for half an hour but since then he has been an absolute rear end in a top hat.

gently caress daylights saving time.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

space uncle posted:

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

space uncle posted:

But imagine all those savings on candles you get in return.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Little guy's been sick and sleeping in anyway so I think we might have gotten a freebie on not preparing for daylight saving time.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lead out in cuffs posted:

People!

Wanna eat cannibals!

Right?

Follow-up: he woke at 3am, from, as near as we can tell, a nightmare that he and the other daycare kids were eating people for breakfast.

:rip:

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Daylight savings time is meaningless when the whole family is at home with Covid! My mom has been super cautious but somehow she finally got it two weeks ago. We followed the official policies once we knew she was infected (tested negative on day 5, masks and no contact until day 10) but that seems to be the most likely source of transmission. Maybe it’s because she was on Paxlovid, though she has tested negative every day since day 5.

Oh well, water under the bridge. I just hope my 4 YO with asthma does ok, he wound up with pneumonia when he had the flu at 15 months.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I think I cracked the code on why the 26 month old has been drooling and extremely crabby…molars coming in! Poor guy.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

space uncle posted:

We’re on vacation so the kid woke up in a strange place at a strange time. He cuddled with me for half an hour but since then he has been an absolute rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, son took a nap at the usual time. Just the usual time was an hour later :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
For the three months of the year, each kid has had strep a different month. What wonderful surprises will April bring??