Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Kyle Fletcher, NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3, 10/03
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Aaron Henare, NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3, 10/03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

ROH Honorclub 3/9

HM: Timothy Thatcher vs. Wheeler Yuta (c), ROH Pure Title
HM: Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus
MOTYC: Athena(c) vs. Willow Nightingale, ROH Women's Championship

nthing these.

Holy poo poo, Willow is so good and Athena is legit one of the best wrestlers in the AEW/RoH division. What a kick rear end match that was.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HMs from 3/8 Dynamite

Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Wardlow
Jay Lethal vs. Orange Cassidy
AR Fox, Dante Martin & Darius Martin vs. Chris Jericho, Daniel Garcia, & Sammy Guevara
Alex Reynolds & John Silver vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Jon Moxley

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

fez_machine posted:

BAKA GAIJIN + FRIENDS VOL. 3 07/03/2023

HM: A bunch of comedy matches (Jerusalem ignore this, just wanted to indicate that they were a lot of fun and the whole show is worth watching)

MOTYC:

Chris Brookes vs. Yukihi Maya

You've never seen a match as high workrate or as stiff as this one in as small an area as this one. Got a This Is Awesome chant from Will Ospreay/Aussie Open manning the hardcam.

Go out of your way to see it.

Available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlsiU4mlxY

if not I or Chris Brookes will bootleg it.

Nth, that was a great show.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

ROH Honorclub 3/9

HM: Timothy Thatcher vs. Wheeler Yuta (c), ROH Pure Title
HM: Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus
MOTYC: Athena(c) vs. Willow Nightingale, ROH Women's Championship

nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Power 2/22

WMOTYC: Blunt Force Trauma vs Mims and Dak Draper

A 4 minute match where 3 minutes are Blunt Force Trauma getting heat on Mims and then when they are in total control of the match Aron Stevens their manager punches Mims in front of the ref for the DQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0986Sg9rIE&t=1s

The NWA is so bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Out of curiosity, is Baka Gaijin & Friends under the DDT Umbrella or it's own Independent thing?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Out of curiosity, is Baka Gaijin & Friends under the DDT Umbrella or it's own Independent thing?

It's just Chris & Drew having fun, which is why the shows are on Youtube rather than WU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks, I've put it in the MOTYC list as its own thing, equalling the totals of AJPW, CMLL & DDT! :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In my MOTYC spreadsheet I have it listed under Baka Office which is their twitter handle, but that's far from official. Both DDT and AJPW would have more noms if more people watched them :argh:

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3 March 10th
MOTYC
YOSHI-HASHI vs Kyle Fletcher
Shingo Takagi vs Aaron Henare

Very happy with these block matches after Wednesday was so dire. Henare is still very dumb but Shingo made him look a monster here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I watch DDT, it's great! But it doesn't help that you have to block out at least a 30 minute window on each show to turn the show off because they're doing some Pheromones bullshit :mad:

AJPW I ain't buying ANOTHER streaming service just to watch, same deal with Stardom which sucks because everybody who watches Stardom says it loving rules. Their loss is TJPW's gain :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Riho vs. Nyla Rose - AEW Rampage 3/10

These two always have drat good matches together and this was no different! Super impressive stuff from Riho, and I loved the ending

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

These two always have drat good matches together and this was no different! Super impressive stuff from Riho, and I loved the ending

Yeah agreed

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 2/22

WMOTYC: Blunt Force Trauma vs Mims and Dak Draper

A 4 minute match where 3 minutes are Blunt Force Trauma getting heat on Mims and then when they are in total control of the match Aron Stevens their manager punches Mims in front of the ref for the DQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0986Sg9rIE&t=1s

The NWA is so bad.

And then Draper chases off BFT and Stevens on his own, lol. In a matter of seconds BFT went from dominating the match to looking like dopes and cowards.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I watch DDT, it's great! But it doesn't help that you have to block out at least a 30 minute window on each show to turn the show off because they're doing some Pheromones bullshit :mad:

AJPW I ain't buying ANOTHER streaming service just to watch, same deal with Stardom which sucks because everybody who watches Stardom says it loving rules. Their loss is TJPW's gain :colbert:

Absolutely fair, I definitely don't make the effort to watch DDT live like I try to with TJPW just so I can easily skip forward 15 minutes whenever Dieno or Iino hit the screen

No excuses on the AJPW front though, forkboy puts a ton of effort into providing links for all their top matches, you don't need to watch endless Black Menso-re or Saito Brothers tags to see that Yuma Aoyagi is one of the most underrated guys in the world right now or that Yuma Anzai is right up there with Oiwa and Fujita in the rookie rankings.

For content

Marvelous February 21st
MOTYC
Arisa Nakajima vs Mio Momono
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250397?t=1h24m10s
- :stwoon: Oh Arisa, you're so loving cool. I'm still behind on SEAd but really glad she's back from injury and kicking the poo poo out of fools

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SEAdLINNNG ~ Vibrant February ~ February 18th
MOTYC
Arisa Nakajima (c) vs Riko Kawahata - Beyond the SEA Singles Championship
- https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250388?t=1h54m38s
- Two very cool ladies stiffing the hell out of each other for my amusement

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

And from the 3/8 AEW Dynamite

HM: Will Hobbs vs Wardlow

This rocked!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

HM: JAS vs. Top Flight & AR Fox

nth these two from weds

Jerusalem posted:

and nth this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Their worst match together!

Still great. So nth.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

In my MOTYC spreadsheet I have it listed under Baka Office which is their twitter handle, but that's far from official. Both DDT and AJPW would have more noms if more people watched them :argh:

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3 March 10th
MOTYC
YOSHI-HASHI vs Kyle Fletcher
Shingo Takagi vs Aaron Henare

Very happy with these block matches after Wednesday was so dire. Henare is still very dumb but Shingo made him look a monster here

Yeah agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like MRT's newfound interest in NWA is a cry for help

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Riho vs. Nyla Rose, AEW Rampage, 10/03

Rihowns :hai:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: The Dream Team (Kazuchika Okada & Hiroshi Tanahashi) vs. Shota Umino & Ren Narita - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4 (3/11)

Okada vs everyone younger than him is the feud of the year. His amazing dickhead energy really shines through here.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: The Dream Team (Kazuchika Okada & Hiroshi Tanahashi) vs. Shota Umino & Ren Narita - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4 (3/11)

Okada vs everyone younger than him is the feud of the year. His amazing dickhead energy really shines through here.

Nth. The spirit of Mutoh lives on in him.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth young guys trying to stop black shorts okada is going to rule

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WMOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Chase Owens, NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4, 11/03

I'd rather watch House of Torture than a Chase singles match, he's that bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM from me but goddamn do I love current Okada, he's amazing (beyond his baseline amazing!)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Dawg, my eye is twitching right now! I like all the good matches I watch precisely so you don't need to sub to 18 different services! Even with time stamps to when individual matches just to make it easier. It has never been easier to watch All Japan!

Talking of, a dump of stuff I've been watching.

HM
23rd February
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.45
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura & KAZMA SAKAMOTO) vs STRONGHEARTS (El Lindaman & T-Hawk)
Watch this here

The one advantage of El Lindaman dropping the G-REX is getting to see more Linda & T-Hawk tag matches.

HM
23rd February
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.45
Black Generation International (Hartley Jackson, Kaito Ishida, Kotaro Suzuki & YUTANI) vs Coelacanths (CIMA, Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka) & Soma Watanabe
Watch this here

HM
26th February
DDT Into The Fight 2023
KO-D Tag Team Titles
37KAMIINA (MAO & Shunma Katsumata)(c) vs Hikaru Machida & Yukio Sakaguchi
Watch this here

I did check & I don't think I posted this before, but also I kind of thought I had so maybe I did? But I don't think so.

MOTYC
5th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 1
New Japan Cup 1st Round
SANADA vs Taichi
Watch this here

HM
5th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 1
New Japan Cup 1st Round
El Phantasmo vs Tetsuya Naito
Watch this here

Also I didn't post a link to the Fujii vs Rookie match from DG that I gave an HM nod to & I was grabbing one for my spreadsheet so have this: https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250429?t=1h21m19s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4 March 11th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Ren Narita and Shota Umino
- Beautiful stuff, Okada could not give two shits about these kids taking up space in his ring

HM
Tetsuya Naito vs Chase Owens
SANADA vs KENTA

Both Cup matches were fun but could have gone 5-10 minutes shorter, and the Bullet Club drama tag was good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Dawg, my eye is twitching right now! I like all the good matches I watch precisely so you don't need to sub to 18 different services! Even with time stamps to when individual matches just to make it easier. It has never been easier to watch All Japan!

In all honesty I really prefer watching wrestling "live" and even more with a GDT to post along with, I already find it tough to find the time to set aside to catch up on shows even for the promotions I'm actively following (part of the reason I hate seeing "Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe" so much!). Which makes Stardom even less likely to be a promotion I'd watch, since my understanding is that the vast majority of their shows are recorded and then made available later.

That is a me problem, though every company in the world (wrestling or otherwise) having their individual streaming service is a them problem!

forkboy84 posted:

I did check & I don't think I posted this before, but also I kind of thought I had so maybe I did? But I don't think so.

This had a couple of nominations but not from you... until now!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

In all honesty I really prefer watching wrestling "live" and even more with a GDT to post along with, I already find it tough to find the time to set aside to catch up on shows even for the promotions I'm actively following (part of the reason I hate seeing "Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe" so much!). Which makes Stardom even less likely to be a promotion I'd watch, since my understanding is that the vast majority of their shows are recorded and then made available later.

That is a me problem, though every company in the world (wrestling or otherwise) having their individual streaming service is a them problem!

This had a couple of nominations but not from you... until now!

Yeah, the only Stardom events that you can watch live are PPVs. It's loving stupid but here we are. It was at least justifiable when they had short subtitled promos before matches but they seem to have stopped doing that now?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Always amazing chemistry from these two.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

I feel like MRT's newfound interest in NWA is a cry for help

I have nominated the National Wrestling Alliance for as many WMOTYCs as New Japan Professional Wrestling has been nominated in the last week and New Japan is considered some of the best wrestling in the world. The NWA is equally as good it seems.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MRT just wants to see Beast Mode in the G1 and putting on classics okay

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Aaron Henare vs. Tama Tonga, NJPW New Japan Cup Night 5, 12/03

The most I've enjoyed a Tama match in ages

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth. Solid beef lads.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Hirooki Goto, NJPW New Japan Cup Round 5, 12/03

Fletcher's a star

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 5 March 12th
HM
Aaron Henare vs Tama Tonga
Kyle Fletcher vs Hirooki Goto

Not the strongest cup matches but still two solid fights

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Japan Cup Night 5 March 12th
HM
Aaron Henare vs Tama Tonga
Kyle Fletcher vs Hirooki Goto

Not the strongest cup matches but still two solid fights

nth both had slight timing issues but were really good matches even with it. Kyle and Goto took like 5 minutes to get on the same page energy wise imo but it was fantastic after that point. Tama did that normal thing where I cant tell what his counters are doing that often takes me out of his matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Rarity posted:

HM: Kyle Fletcher vs. Hirooki Goto, NJPW New Japan Cup Round 5, 12/03

Fletcher's a star

2nding both, and thank goodness for Jeff Cobb on commentary.