Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Did anyone save any of the patreon content before it went down? Since it sounds like it got scrubbed after they stopped maintaining it and moved to HEI and there was a lot of content lost in the process

Yeah I've got an incomplete archive with 17 months of the Patreon content. I'm not sure how many were released/how many I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

huh posted:

What sort of things were on it?

Kinda hard to tell since the descriptions are gone but it sounds like there was at least a secret podcast, in character blogs/essays, ooc q&as, and odd stuff like Tim and Bobby valli singing fly me to the moon together

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The podcast was called "The Road to Oscar", and it went through each year's nominees and winner for Best Picture, and Gregg was judging whether Oscer got it right or not. Each month also had a brief essay by Gregg. Is it considered :filez: if I share a link to a podcast and newsletter that's not available anymore?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cognac McCarthy posted:

The podcast was called "The Road to Oscar", and it went through each year's nominees and winner for Best Picture, and Gregg was judging whether Oscer got it right or not. Each month also had a brief essay by Gregg. Is it considered :filez: if I share a link to a podcast and newsletter that's not available anymore?

Go for it

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

OK cool. I already got a PM about it so I'll just share the same thing I wrote there:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13dvsDnL5n8hi_lUdxNQlPEBWwbuSTrBp?usp=share_link

I was subscribed at a tier called "The Beginner's Path", which got me access to the audio podcast and newsletter. I believe I subscribed from the beginning in mid-2018, but I didn't set out saving each month's files. I think they reused the same link each month early on, so the previous month's files would disappear after 30 days and I can't go back and grab them retroactively. I have the October 2018 podcast, then December 2018 - March 2020 when they stopped releasing them.

I don't have a newsletter saved for some of the early months, either because they weren't writing it at the time or because I wasn't subscribed at a high enough tier to get them. The newsletters have very high Volume numbers in the filenames and I think that might have been a joke by Gregg to make it seem like he had been churning the useless newsletters out for years.

Also, there were a few items that were included each month that were always the same. I've put these at the top-level rather than in each individual folder to keep the total size down. Those files are a welcome video recorded by Gregg, MT BTL 3.0, and a JPG membership card. I think higher Patreon tiers got physical cards mailed to them?

If anyone does manage to find a more complete set of the podcasts and newsletters, please let me know. My day job is as an archivist so I like holding onto things like this, especially if I can get a complete run.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This is great, thank you.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

He’s been Greggpilled https://twitter.com/ocatcofficial/status/1627712803644768256?s=46&t=dRUfl35rd96Tl7ScHGgY0g

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's this letterschlocked TV that he is watching it on? A DVD???

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
FREE TIM

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gregg showing his incredible levels of empathy by once again taking care of another crew On Cinema member. A hero and true movie buff

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Love the letter from Mr. Amato. Glad it sounds like he and Khailli (lol) will be back from Argentina for the Oscar special.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Calling it the HEI movie network means a win for Greggheads everywhere

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

https://vxtwitter.com/manuel_giusti/status/1628080643530956801?s=46&t=h1rLEnpA9o8z9a-tNHD3UQ

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

Mr Money Estevez trying to weasel himself into the Oscar special. I don't think so, Joe!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i gotta tell yall - i got the oscar fever

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Movies honored Oscer like no one has since. Thank you.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYcmSX-f1w

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hoo-ahha.

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

Hey guys, I've got an uncle in Russia who runs a lottery called Amatov. He's moving the operation to the Caymans due to the current sanctions on Russia but needs your help. To avoid suspicion, several people will bet on the winning number and the winnings will be shared. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity! Just enter 5000 Hei points into the wallet id 3f4722ce35eb9d3f2242b7869c812d26 an his people will get back to you. Thank you very much and enjoy your freedom and health!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Blew all my hei points buying G. Amato lotto tickets sorry.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

here's to a goon winning big on the Amato Lotto!

i'm legit excited about the Oscers this year, there's a movie theatre in my town doing a live event for it and i might just go. seems fun.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

the best part of this was tim pointing out it would have worked if he spelled it correctly

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Somehow I thought the Oscar Special was on Saturday in the US so I'm sitting here on Sunday in Australia all excited but then realised I was wrong and it will be on while I'm at work on Monday in Australia.

tl;dr I won't see it live.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I can feel my oscer fever heating up

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Looking forward to focusing on movies on Oscer's big night, for once. I think this will finally be the year that the special goes off without a hitch

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What is the likelihood of Tim drinking alcohol?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Why would he want alcohol when he has all these great movies?

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1634775590220992513

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is that … is that a VHS of EEAAO

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Want to hear Tim's thoughts on Tar

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I should have caught up with the newest episodes. Can’t believe Tim finally agrees… “it’s movie time…”

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Is that … is that a VHS of EEAAO

VHS of ALL the greatest movies, properly pan-and-scan of course. I love that for Top Gun Maverick they just took a Top Gun VHS and added a big 2 on it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

First thing I'm buying if I win the Amato Lotto is a house at HEI Ranch

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I wanted to drop this into the thread for posterity before we are all changed by the tenth annual oscar special

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1634973141507391488

I'll see you fellas on the other side, semper movies.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i wouldnt expect unity to last long, toni is off the wagon

https://twitter.com/terrilynnparks/status/1634776855814492160

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I’ve been playing Oscar Fever on loop all day (the version with the marching band and drunk tim)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjESgwGNZo

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
This is going to be behind the paywall isn't it?