Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Made a sandwich with Bocconcini, salami, fresh basil and fresh tomatoes on sour dough with a whole lot of cracked pepper. It's the best sandwich I've had in ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

On the one hand, yes.

On the other hand, someone kind and competent like Birds in a Blender in management makes my job much easier.

Throwing management in a blender could also be the resolution to a lot of workplace conflict

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Suddenly feeling a bit anxious that all of our money is in an online bank.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/uspsveteran/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Should’ve executed all bankers in 2008.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Pain of Mind posted:

Assuming it's FDIC insured, anything up to $250k is 100% guaranteed. SVB went under partially because they had so many businesses that were keeping money way over the FDIC limit there, that the first whiff of trouble sparked a run.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Your money never existed. Its all just a fugaze we all buy into.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lol, anywhere between 25 and 50% of Roku's cash was in SVB and uninsured. Might wanna switch to chromecast or firestick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/SVB_Financial/status/1632818336391213059

This was Monday lol

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

saintonan posted:

Assuming it's FDIC insured, anything up to $250k is 100% guaranteed. SVB went under partially because they had so many businesses that were keeping money way over the FDIC limit there, that the first whiff of trouble sparked a run.

It is Wealthfront, we chose it because it had a pretty high interest rate (currently @ 4.05% right now :eyepop:).They say they are FDIC insured up to 2 million by putting chunks of 250k in different banks. For the record I do not have 2 million dollars, if anyone was wondering.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

It is Wealthfront, we chose it because it had a pretty high interest rate (currently @ 4.05% right now :eyepop:).They say they are FDIC insured up to 2 million by putting chunks of 250k in different banks. For the record I do not have 2 million dollars, if anyone was wondering.

Not anymore, anyway.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Pain of Mind posted:

I'm sure you're fine, but be aware wealthfront is not a bank. in fact they don't even take liability for their bank partners. "Customers are responsible for monitoring their total assets at each of the program banks to determine the extent of available FDIC insurance coverage in accordance with FDIC rules." -- https://www.wealthfront.com/cash

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

management! boo, hiss!

Lol, I’m project management, not like the guy negotiating contracts.

Construction is somewhat of a unique industry too where you have a fair amount of owners who started in the trades, so there’s generally less animosity between the contractors and unions. Not that strikes never happen, but it’s pretty uncommon. Most tradesmen I work with likely make more than me too, as long as they work full time.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Gonna take a Gundam detour back to 0083 since my lady and I watched both Top Gun recently.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

If there's one thing I've learned about the entrepreneurial space from watching my wife build a startup over the last few years (btw the amount she had in SVB is fully insured), is that the most important factor in your success is how other people feel about you. It's all a dupe, even if you are not setting out specifically to rip people off.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Lol, I’m project management, not like the guy negotiating contracts.

Construction is somewhat of a unique industry too where you have a fair amount of owners who started in the trades, so there’s generally less animosity between the contractors and unions. Not that strikes never happen, but it’s pretty uncommon. Most tradesmen I work with likely make more than me too, as long as they work full time.

Lol yeah i know, my stepdad was a fitter for over thirty years and never had a strike, although they did walk off one or two projects iirc. Lot of refinery work around here though, which is quite different from the jobs at like fabs doing ultra clean pipes to carry methyl ethyl death or the jobs putting giant water pipes through the valley. He wound up in a contract with Therma for like 12+ years at the end of his career and he never had much problem with them.

But still. If you're a union worker and someone mentions management, you gotta boo or hiss a bit. It's necessary. Like throwing salt over your shoulder after you spill some, or crossing your heart if you see a cat in a mirror, or however that goes.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I Longshored at San Pedro/Long Beach and holyshiiit what it takes to get fired for a night and work the next day

All you had to say was “I was trying to be as safe as possible” and the union would cover the hell out of you

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 11, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

But still. If you're a union worker and someone mentions management, you gotta boo or hiss a bit. It's necessary. Like throwing salt over your shoulder after you spill some, or crossing your heart if you see a cat in a mirror, or however that goes.

Going through the annual kabuki dance of wage improvement/annual bonus negotiation, and even as just a union member on the outside of actual negotiation work and just seeing the updates we get, I agree completely.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Yeah we JUST transferred our emergency fund there a few weeks ago and my wife was very skeptical of putting so much money into something that's not a proper bank.

We're obviously waaaay under $250,000 so I assume I don't need to panic transfer back to Chase?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Gonna take a Gundam detour back to 0083 since my lady and I watched both Top Gun recently.

Such good action/mech designs/music, such not good characters and plot after the naval review.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My company is announcing layoffs this week :smith: i have no idea if I'm safe or not. I did well in my performance review and got a promotion last year, but who knows.

If I get severance, I'll be fine. But on top of planning a wedding this is just stress I don't need.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

seiferguy posted:

My company is announcing layoffs this week :smith: i have no idea if I'm safe or not. I did well in my performance review and got a promotion last year, but who knows.

If I get severance, I'll be fine. But on top of planning a wedding this is just stress I don't need.

Sending positive vibes for you.

Even if things go sideways, you'll be okay.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

seiferguy posted:

Good luck my man. I've been in that boat quite a bit and it absolutely sucks. Hopefully the promotion bodes well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Made a sandwich with Bocconcini, salami, fresh basil and fresh tomatoes on sour dough with a whole lot of cracked pepper. It's the best sandwich I've had in ever.

I just got done watching this when I read your post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpQ565qA121/

guessing an italian sandwich is in my near future

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

The latest season of The Mandalorian has been hot loving garbage so far. The series has abandoned any subtlety and nuance and just beats you about the head explaining every single thing that has happened or is about to happen; it's no longer showing and has moved straight to telling loudly.

It seems Disney has decided to fully monetize the property and every scene seems to be either fan service, a way to sell merchandise, or both. Every scene in the second episode involving Grogu had the same vibes as Spy Kids. This show is so drastically different than the past seasons in all the wrong ways.

The Mythosaur was cool though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Off the Griddle had vegan wings and even my friend I was having brunch with suggested it, saying "your internet friends would appreciate you staying on brand."

They were pretty good, all things considered .

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Samadhi posted:

The latest season of The Mandalorian has been hot loving garbage so far. The series has abandoned any subtlety and nuance and just beats you about the head explaining every single thing that has happened or is about to happen; it's no longer showing and has moved straight to telling loudly.

It seems Disney has decided to fully monetize the property and every scene seems to be either fan service, a way to sell merchandise, or both. Every scene in the second episode involving Grogu had the same vibes as Spy Kids. This show is so drastically different than the past seasons in all the wrong ways.

People like Grogu! Braks still squeals when he does something cute.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t think any point of the mando was particularly subtle

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

People like Grogu! Braks still squeals when he does something cute.

Hell, :same:

Season 3 so far hasn’t been as good as the first two, but it hasn’t been bad to me either (Compared to low points in Book of Boba Fett and Kenobi), so I’m still entertained and that’s really all I care about.

Bad Batch has been really good this season too.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I watch tv for entertainment and to see cute alien babies. It’s working for me.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Keep in mind, I’m also a massive Star Wars nerd. I’ve spent most of the last three years reading (Or in many cases rereading) through a large chunk of the old EU and I’m nearly finished with the New Jedi Order series, so make of that what you will when it comes to my standards of enjoyment :v:

Disney, give me a Wraith Squadron show :argh:

Worst book I actually finished was Planet of Twilight, but there were a couple others like The Crystal Star that were so clearly bad I skipped after a few chapters.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Samadhi posted:

I enjoyed in the latest episode when Mando gets caught, tells Grogu to go get Bo Katan, then when Bo Katan shows up to save him he asks her how she found him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Braksgirl posted:

I watch tv for entertainment and to see cute alien babies. It’s working for me.

Now I randomly want a show where someone adopts an Alien chestburster and raises it and they get into hijinks together. Little interior mouth eating rare frog eggs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm also finding mando a bit more silly than before, although it may just be that I'm still blown away by how good Andor was and all other star wars is seeming paler in comparison.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Now I randomly want a show where someone adopts an Alien chestburster and raises it and they get into hijinks together. Little interior mouth eating rare frog eggs.

Maybe they could sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNaegwHnGo&feature=youtu.be

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/eagIesbetter/status/1634600334436827145

The best part is the mac with cheese on the side

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Also a small reminder, if you like “howcatchem” shows, the first season of Poker Face was really fun to watch.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

I'm also finding mando a bit more silly than before, although it may just be that I'm still blown away by how good Andor was and all other star wars is seeming paler in comparison.

Oh yeah, Andor. I was saying a few posts back that Bladerunner 2049 did a lot with a weak set up but Andor is the all time King of polishing a turd into a diamond.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

That is a crime against Southernism.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

This is the most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen in this thread. Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

Send them to the loving Hague