Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/kinolorber/status/1633850527506112512?s=46&t=wbUf_u7uOvtvxKOmB6dAHQ

The most important news of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I got so excited when I saw a tweet announcing a Blu-ray of Electric Dragon 80,000v until I saw it was UK only :(

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

One more thing...

will it be 4K?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'd be shocked if it was 4k. Seems like that would make it too expensive and even more of a niche item than it already would be.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Buying it though. That’s a fun afternoon killer.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Yes!

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Great that they split the releases so you don't have to buy the duff 80s ones.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I love AGFA and buy lots of their stuff, but a little observation… so last month’s release Glow is down to 485 units (and worth a buy!!) and will almost definitely sell out by end of year. The release before THAT (Attack of The Beast Creatures) is already fully sold out.

The new limited slipcover release of Shaolin Invincibles + Seven to One has just under 530 copies left. Considering it isn’t even out yet, I think it might be time for these white boys to start upping their slip quantities like VS has done. I ended up sleeping on Attack of The Beast Creatures - thought I could put it off a couple weeks - and I really regret it!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yet again, it’s just a little slip of cardboard that goes around the case, so maybe it’s okay to wait and get it cheaper???

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I just like collecting them because they’re cool, I have lots of blus without slips but if it’s an option and I can afford it then why not?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I really can’t criticize you that much because I do the exact same thing. Still mad I missed the slip on Sampo

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Join me down here where I’m contemplating buying custom slips for movies that don’t have them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dorium posted:

Join me down here where I’m contemplating buying custom slips for movies that don’t have them.

"Investing" in a professional printer so I can print my own knock off slips

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

A friend of mine is asking for the link to where you're buying these. A weird dude, this guy. I don't judge him though, anyway yea if you could just throw out that link I'll pass it along to him.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilmsVideo/status/1634252780486500352

Arrow teasing some Golden Harvest stuff

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

MacheteZombie posted:

"Investing" in a professional printer so I can print my own knock off slips

I've contemplated this as well. Slips and new box art sleeves which some of these movies desperately need (or to break down cumbersome boxsets I have no attachment to and give each movie their own disc case).

Basebf555 posted:

A friend of mine is asking for the link to where you're buying these. A weird dude, this guy. I don't judge him though, anyway yea if you could just throw out that link I'll pass it along to him.

I usually just do a cursory search for them and get stores on ebay/etsy

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=custom+4k+slipcovers&_sacat=0
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=blu%20ray%20slipcover&ref=auto-1&as_prefix=blu%20ray%20slipcover

like I said I havent received the one I purchased but if the seller has good product I'll seriously consider a couple more if I have the extra funds. at least for movies I really like.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
That eBay link reminded me that’s there a Drive UHD and no US release on the horizon. I should just suck it up and rewatch in on BD, so the 4K can be announced.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boywhiz88 posted:

That eBay link reminded me that’s there a Drive UHD and no US release on the horizon. I should just suck it up and rewatch in on BD, so the 4K can be announced.

Alternatively you could just import the UHD, that would work too

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Man I'd love a slipcover for my 4k of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly since I have them for the other two in the trilogy. But gently caress me, even the custom/bootleg ones that match the KL one are 25$ at the least.

I paid 18$ for the disc itself.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Iron Crowned posted:

Alternatively you could just import the UHD, that would work too
That's what I did a while back. Drive is one of those that I needed to own on 4K. The UHD looks and sounds incredible.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh man I was just thinking the other day about how much harder it is to collect the GH films. There are very few box sets out there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Mantis42 posted:

Oh man I was just thinking the other day about how much harder it is to collect the GH films. There are very few box sets out there.

Eureka and 88 Films are your friends

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mantis42 posted:

Oddly enough Criterion has probably been the best Region A Golden Harvest distributor in recent years, with the Police Story, Bruce Lee and Once Upon A Time In China box sets.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

PHYSICAL MEDICA WILL NEVER DIE

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1634343073755930625

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

gently caress yes lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s a bunch of Neca Alf toys at target

Never watched Alf and never will

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alf is back, in UHD form!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I AM GRANDO posted:

Alf is back, in UHD form!

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Cinema Discusso > The Physical Media Thread: Alf is back, in UHD form!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Nightmare Cinema posted:

One more thing...

will it be 4K?

No, but Kino's releases of Night Gallery have been fresh 2K remasters from interpositives that look great. Only details so far have been that the 70s run will be one box and the reboot(s) from 1989-2003 in the second. Commentaries on all episodes, plus archival interviews.

FYI, this is Kino's UHD slate for 2023 so far...

Released:
Death Wish (1972)
The Italian Job (1969)
Marathon Man

Rawhead Rex - March 28
12 Angry Men (1958) - March 28
Serpico - April 18
The Longest Yard (1974) - May 16
The Night of the Hunter - May 30
To Live and Die in L.A. - May 30

They also just announced the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Stalag 17, Bad Lieutenant, and Face/Off.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Physical Media Thread: Second Mortgage to Buy ALF TV Movie

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is ALF covering up his wang in that shot, and if so will the Blu-ray finally give us the uncut version we’ve been waiting for since the 90s.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Everybody knows ALF has a cloaca. :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There was some controversy in 2010 when some gag reel footage was leaked. I guess there had been a recent episode of LA Law with a character who had Tourette’s, so the guy who voiced Alf used a bunch of profanities imitating that, including the N-word.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is ALF covering up his wang in that shot, and if so will the Blu-ray finally give us the uncut version we’ve been waiting for since the 90s.

I believe that banned issue of the Alf comic makes it very clear that Alf is uncut.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Friday the 13th 4k UHD is $12 on Amazon. I own the complete box set from Shout, but I can't pass that deal up.

How many times am I gonna buy the Friday the 13th series on physical in my life?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm hoping there's an option for an animal cruelty free cut like with some releases of Cannibal Holocaust

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

The Friday the 13th 4k UHD is $12 on Amazon. I own the complete box set from Shout, but I can't pass that deal up.

How many times am I gonna buy the Friday the 13th series on physical in my life?

At this point if they keep releasing them piece meal on UHD im only buying 1, 4, 6, 7 and X. Don’t need to upgrade the rest.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

dorium posted:

At this point if they keep releasing them piece meal on UHD im only buying 1, 4, 6, 7 and X. Don’t need to upgrade the rest.

No love for 2 and 3?

I think if I were buying 4K one at a time I’d grab 1-7, but I’m resisting the upgrade since I’m very happy with my blu box. Of the “big three” slasher franchises F13 would be my least favorite so I’m not as obsessive about picking up new versions right away. Since this is the physical media thread and obviously we all have a problem here, I admit I likely will buy them piece meal eventually, since there will definitely be sales I’ll have a hard time resisting :hai:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

2 imo is the real first Friday movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same, 2 is great and way more enjoyable than the 1st. Then 4 > 3.