Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

Lol cucked by the Dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Catching up on this thread. Critical support to Willa. :patriot:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Critical support to Willa. :patriot:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Critical support to Willa. :patriot:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

except for one guy who was personally nice to me at a restaurant I'd met him at

the only way to vote imo

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

the only way to vote imo

do not vote

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1634685388622118913

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yeah luckily no one has ever been nice to me so I don't need to worry

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/lcmichaelides/status/1634654751479541760

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

mastershakeman posted:

I routinely try to unbookmark and ignore this thread because I know it's unhealthy for me to read. I just keep coming back :I

I have successfully fought with my spouse about voting the last few elections and not done it, after losing a huge fight in 2020 where I was marched to the polls and cast an empty ballot except for one guy who was personally nice to me at a restaurant I'd met him at

the tradition in Australia is to draw a cock and balls on the ballot to punish the scrutineers for the hubris of participating in a system that has mandatory voting

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/josephzeballos/status/1634685873580044288

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

the tradition in Australia is to draw a cock and balls on the ballot to punish the scrutineers for the hubris of participating in a system that has mandatory voting

lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

my small business yearns for bailouts

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

quote:

Relieve the Unending Tally with Strongsuit.

Help that actually Helps.

Hi, we're Strongsuit. We know first-hand the mental tally that you always have running in the back of your mind - about the kids, about stuff at home, about life.

That's where we come in. We have years of experience matching members with Strongsuits to anticipate life's needs, look around the corners, and manage the projects start to finish. We know how to relieve the mental load - not just delegate the tasks.

quote:

FROM SURVIVING TO THRIVING
We provide a human-led, tech-enabled service to partner with you to anticipate, research, and clear your home and personal to-do lists and relieve your mental load.
We take care of the research and the planning so you can get to the living.

LET US RELIEVE
YOUR MENTAL LOAD
It's hard to "outsource it." And "letting go" is not an option.

Instead, keep the control and your standards and let Strongsuit make all the steps between the vision, the decision, and the execution happen.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
maybe more banks should fail

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

this is like that AI pictures of the 4 girls in a hottub.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ThirdWayTweet/status/1634287607348711425

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sounds like she's got enough innovative hustle and grit to make it through this just fine no matter what happens

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
i just skipped the whole post and scrolled down for the blue names on wikipedia reveal

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wow sounds like she should go on unemployment like every person I know who does contract work and can never get benefits or job security and are monitored constantly by their software addled overlords

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

AmiYumi posted:

i just skipped the whole post and scrolled down for the blue names on wikipedia reveal

Lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

AmiYumi posted:

She fixed bread prices

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

We have these awful electronic ballots now

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
@strongsuit_co
Helping employers engage and retain valuable talent by empowering working parents to give their whole at work & home

what...what does this mean?!?!?!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raskolnikov38 posted:

@strongsuit_co
Helping employers engage and retain valuable talent by empowering working parents to give their whole at work & home

what...what does this mean?!?!?!

Monitoring software. Think you can work hard for 30 minutes then take a break? Think again, your productivity us put on graphs so overseers can see your lack of consistency (this is real stuff that's existed for a while)

Ah. A todo.txt program because notepad just isn't good enough

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1634612785190522881

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

I’d just like to say I don’t support bailing out a single company or bank but I support the government paying the paychecks for all workers affected as part of a broader social insurance program implemented in the fall out

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

everything about our economy is dumb but I feel like companies should fail on their own merits rather than because some shitheads can't run a bank. dunking on the company is funny but it's beside the point?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/kittypurrzog/status/1634569554411257856

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

once we see a single republican say "why should we spend public dollars to bail out sillicon valley" then the dems will know which side is the side of the people (bailing out businesses)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

felt yourself a bit too hard here

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
drat I'm disappointed he steered away real quick at the end

https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1634625758189748224

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/status/1634746068381384705?s=20

speng31b
May 8, 2010

don't you dare

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They are going to bailout the VCs lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

yes, they screwed up the search functionality of their search engine, no need to be fair!

everybody said try ddg and i did for a month now and its way worse idgi.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

im pretty sure they're going to find a way to do it that still fucks over the small startups that arent backed by huge VCs with large DNC/senate donations

and dems will crow about how they had to be the adults in the room and how dare you give the GOP succor

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

was this ever in doubt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

quote:

quote:

17 Dems in senate voted for the bill, overcoming a filibuster.

Not much else passed during Trump’s administration (outside of reconciliation bills), but this did…

Looks like SVB had some spare change to spread around.

Bet Manchin was one of them. Ugh