Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

JollyBoyJohn posted:

embarrassing lack of bad video game opinions in this thread

duke nukem 3d was never that good, the enemies are bullet sponges and it's not got the great level design of other early fps

I'll go further and say that the FPS is a bland and poo poo genre overall, and RPG elements help a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
FPS isn't even a genre it's a camera angle

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Devils Affricate posted:

This. This thread's genre is post'n'poop

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I mean the FP part is the camera yeah, but the S stands for shooter, which is the genre. So like, sound out the whole acronym maybe.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

syntaxfunction posted:

I mean the FP part is the camera yeah, but the S stands for shooter, which is the genre. So like, sound out the whole acronym maybe.

When you dont shoot it's an FPS hybrid

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Skyrim was a good game that I wanted to buy 11 times

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
First Person Stander. Some a First Person Mover. Some games are more Movers and less Shooters.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jokes posted:

Art is when the guy gets the girl at the end

Elden Ring is art it's true

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jokes posted:

Art is when the guy kills the girl at the end

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Art's gotta have urns in it, that's how you know its art.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

XeeD posted:

truth

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
I want a Third person shooter that goes into FPS when you ‘zoom’ in and then when you take the shot - boom - second person view of the shot heading toward its target.

I think Sniper Elite does this and it should be praised.

Discuss.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I thought Breath of the Wild was boring

you thought right. same with witcher 3.

elden ring has been the only good 'open world' game in the last decade

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ritz On Toppa Ritz posted:

I want a Third person shooter that goes into FPS when you ‘zoom’ in and then when you take the shot - boom - second person view of the shot heading toward its target.

I think Sniper Elite does this and it should be praised.

Discuss.

star wars battlefront did the first half of this
the good ones not the EA ones

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I thought Breath of the Wild was boring

It's only one of two 3D zelda that's better than a 7/10

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

It's only one of two 3D zelda that's better than a 7/10

twilight princess was pretty fun. I played it on the gamecube so Link was still a lefty

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

drat right, we need to go back to calling them "Doom clones"

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

twilight princess was pretty fun. I played it on the gamecube so Link was still a lefty

twilight princess was dogshit though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

twilight princess was dogshit though

sure, but I still had fun playing it

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Very unironically done caring about what games are good or not.

Wanna play some Blast Corps right now so I'm gonna and I'm gonna like it

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
PinheadSlim says it's time to get movin

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
99% of the time I try to play a video game I end up just playing skate 3 instead

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

big black turnout posted:

99% of the time I try to play a video game I end up just playing skate 3 instead

Breaking all my bones to Black Flags "Six Pack" while all the nerds debate about if Ocarina of Time was actually good or not

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PinheadSlim posted:

Wanna play some Blast Corps right now so I'm gonna and I'm gonna like it until i have to drive the loving backlash

ftfy

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I was incredibly excited for Twilight Princess but I didn’t finish it until about a year later, just forcing myself to do it so I didn’t feel like I had wasted my money.

I just wanted to explore Hyrule and see all the places from Ocarina of Time redesigned. Unfortunately you can’t go anywhere until the story gives you a reason to.

You can find save files at the start of each dungeon for TP and SS, which is the only way I can enjoy playing them. Everything in between is so padded and tedious.

BotW wasn’t much better. I got bored of it after the second dungeon. I should probably just go to Gannon’s tower and beat the game since it’s apparently completely trivialised if you do all four of them.

Also, FPS games are only good if you don’t let the AI have hitscan weapons and don’t have RPG elements. Even though the spread on the shotgun in Doom is semi-random, you still know that if you shoot this type of enemy from this range whether they die or not.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

XeeD posted:

High art is when you have naked ladies on those urns.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the way you can roll through urns and barrels in the souls games is 100% art for sure

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
High art is the amount and variety in shapes, sizes, species, and wrinkles in the tits and cleavage of Twilight Princess, that's the mature in Zelda I've been looking for all these years

Everything else about that game sucked though other than dungeon quality

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
The whole time I played nioh 2, I was wishing they made a sekiro 2. Just downloaded Wo Long on game pass. This is exactly what I wanted.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

Wanna play some Blast Corps right now so I'm gonna and I'm gonna like it

Time to get moving.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I enjoy stardew valley a lot

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Stardew Valley is a great game if you're someone who doesn't already have enough chores in your life

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Stardew Valley is a game where you get gifted a big plot of farmable land with a house on it, so it's a fantastical bit of escapism for most millenials

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

This is the way to be

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

Stardew Valley is a great game if you're someone who doesn't already have enough chores in your life

I've never understood the appeal of those games

QuarkJets posted:

Stardew Valley is a game where you get gifted a big plot of farmable land with a house on it, so it's a fantastical bit of escapism for most millenials

I understand the appeal of those games.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I mean gently caress, no student loans even? Stardew Valley is like if you took the real world and turned on an infinite money cheat for a few minutes

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

No bills, no family, and people automatically like you more if you just say hi once or twice a week.

It's got everything a growing goon needs

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I don't like time management. No Harvest Moon or moon Zelda for me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Legend of the river king was more my style, let's slap together a mishmash of a poo poo rpg and garbage fishing idea, tack on a nothing plot and charge 39.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah River King was pretty great I wish they'd make a new one.