Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Sub-actuality is going to be gaming using his teeth by next week

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

: Pay off the debt
I am gonna admit, I played like 6 days of Pikmin (the first) wondering when did the debt kicked in before noticing its Pikmin 2 for the IZGC. Felt like 2 has just slightly better pathfinding either way, gently caress water forever, I'll do the rest of the treasures later.

I should start Okami already, too.

This sig under renovation

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

qnqnx posted:

I am gonna admit, I played like 6 days of Pikmin (the first) wondering when did the debt kicked in before noticing its Pikmin 2 for the IZGC.

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

: Defeat Crimson Helm

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

:hai: sub is a hero

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

:hai: sub is a hero

this

symbolic posted:

person accepting that submarine sandwiches can go by different names:

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Stux posted:

this

lol

can you please change your fuckin avatar to be not so aggressively annoying

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol sorry someoen keeps messing with it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The next game has been submitted to the Game Club approval committee from the Sega Loyalist Faction

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

The next game has been submitted to the Game Club approval committee from the Sega Loyalist Faction

Let's go

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I look forward to replaying Kid Chameleon

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

Looking at the folder with the Sega Saturn emulator with worry

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

rodbeard posted:

What a game, I never beat it as a kid but the hidden level warps made every run feel like a mind blowing adventure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

What a game, I never beat it as a kid but the hidden level warps made every run feel like a mind blowing adventure

its so cool

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Time to determine the next short game pick:

the next short game pick goes to elf help book! Congrats and let me know your game/trophy picks when you're able

ganbatte imps!

looking forward to this.

elf help book posted:

lots of good sega games out there.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

elf help book posted:

Hoipe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have one monkey left to find and I'm going insane.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have one monkey left to find and I'm going insane.

one monkey no find make larry something something....

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

rodbeard posted:

i think you called it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

qnqnx posted:

I am gonna admit, I played like 6 days of Pikmin (the first) wondering when did the debt kicked in before noticing its Pikmin 2 for the IZGC. Felt like 2 has just slightly better pathfinding either way, gently caress water forever, I'll do the rest of the treasures later.

I should start Okami already, too.

lol nice work though

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Stux posted:

lol sorry someoen keeps messing with it

lookin sharp

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

copy posted:

one monkey no find make larry something something....

One monkey
no find
lets get together and feel all right

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

: Defeat Orochi

cool rear end fight

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

b_d posted:

i think you called it

I had thought about picking it but I figured everyone's already played it since Sega rereleased it so many times.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

First time playing a Pikmin game. Had a lot of fun and will definitely be getting Pikmin 4

Mistake were made

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sad lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Defeat Ninetails
: Feed all animals
: Beat the game
: Collect all 100 stray beads (PLATINUM)

What a great ending to a great game.

Been meaning to replay this for years, especially since my girlfriend played it a couple of years ago and made me super nostalgic, then bought it for the Steam Deck a few weeks before it got picked as a Game Club game, so clearly the stars aligned.

I think overall the first arc is the best, but the decline in quality isn't particularly dramatic - it's just that the first arc is perfectly paced and culminates brilliantly. The second is a little more uneven and has some really annoying parts, and the story/pacing is a bit more all over the place (the entire ghost ship segment is fun but there's literally no reason for it to be in the game lol). The third arc is just... really short and feels like a bit of an afterthought, but it's still fun and the little Poncle village is great.

Re-fighting all the bosses at the end kind of sucked, wish it had been a real dungeon rather than fighting Orochi for a third time (about an hour after the second time as well), that's a far too long and plodding boss fight to repeat although it's great once. Not a big deal and the final boss / ending more than makes up for it.

Okami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

: Defeat Ninetails
: Feed all animals
: Beat the game
: Collect all 100 stray beads (PLATINUM)

What a great ending to a great game.

Been meaning to replay this for years, especially since my girlfriend played it a couple of years ago and made me super nostalgic, then bought it for the Steam Deck a few weeks before it got picked as a Game Club game, so clearly the stars aligned.

I think overall the first arc is the best, but the decline in quality isn't particularly dramatic - it's just that the first arc is perfectly paced and culminates brilliantly. The second is a little more uneven and has some really annoying parts, and the story/pacing is a bit more all over the place (the entire ghost ship segment is fun but there's literally no reason for it to be in the game lol). The third arc is just... really short and feels like a bit of an afterthought, but it's still fun and the little Poncle village is great.

Re-fighting all the bosses at the end kind of sucked, wish it had been a real dungeon rather than fighting Orochi for a third time (about an hour after the second time as well), that's a far too long and plodding boss fight to repeat although it's great once. Not a big deal and the final boss / ending more than makes up for it.

Okami

Nice work!

I'm looking forward to starting this later in the month it sounds amazing from what everyone is saying.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)