Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I’ve barely unequipped Gnawing Hunger once this season. Only to use an incandescent solar primary on solar builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Garden of Salvation AR ftew

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RocketRaygun posted:

gnawing hunger is cracked with this artifact. lots of void shields to make orbs that give volatile rounds and orange/yellow bar enemies that drop heavy ammo.

In all seriousness, yeah, I was using Arc as a carryover from last season (Star Eater + Gathering Storm is so loving great), but I gotta go over into the Void/Solar stuff. Wonder if Caliban's Hand is any good right now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

weeee

e: please forgive my lack of fashion, this is the first time i've had star eaters or aeons on my hunter this season

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 11, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Void anything with repulsor owns. Blows things up AND gives me overshield? Sure thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Void anything with repulsor owns. Blows things up AND gives me overshield? Sure thing

What's the new perk that's Incandescent for Volatile? I'm waiting for a gun that can roll that AND Repulsor and I will be so horny when it happens.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

What's the new perk that's Incandescent for Volatile? I'm waiting for a gun that can roll that AND Repulsor and I will be so horny when it happens.

All void weapons have that as a passive ability this season!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

All void weapons have that as a passive ability this season!

True but destabilizing rounds is the new perk and it will be good next season and is also good this season when the game decides to turn that passive off!!!!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I dig the difficulty curve this go round.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Vexcalibur is amazing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Variable deletion encounter on legendary is really too much, and it's not just the combat difficulty, it's the chaos and glitches. Vexcalibur doesn't give me an overshield when it should and the adds burn me down. The wyverns can shoot through the force field over the safe hole until a moment after it's fully formed, that's if they don't boop you across the area on the way into the hole. I'm not even sure how being at power parity would improve this, it's just uncontrollable stuff happening constantly caused by the new philosophy that difficulty means you're not allowed get below a dozen enemies shooting at you at once

Legendary seraph shield last season was at a good point, this isn't it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

The Variable deletion encounter on legendary is really too much, and it's not just the combat difficulty, it's the chaos and glitches. Vexcalibur doesn't give me an overshield when it should and the adds burn me down. The wyverns can shoot through the force field over the safe hole until a moment after it's fully formed, that's if they don't boop you across the area on the way into the hole. I'm not even sure how being at power parity would improve this, it's just uncontrollable stuff happening constantly caused by the new philosophy that difficulty means you're not allowed get below a dozen enemies shooting at you at once

Legendary seraph shield last season was at a good point, this isn't it

Legendary Variable is literally the most difficult PvE Content I've seen in this franchise, by a MILE

It's so out of balance that I think we're going to upgrade our Vexcaliburs in the coming weeks in a way that makes the activity easier. The third symbol being shootable/a shortcut, some of the mysterious Immune panes opening shortcuts, etc

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Decided to delete it rarely-played Hunter and make a new one to play all the campaigns though with a hand cannon and Lucky Pants.

It seems like Hawkmoon doesn’t benefit from them? Or does it just not gain a benefit from the final round with Paracausal Charge stacks? I like it, Ace of Spades, and Crimson, but quick googling seems like hawkmoon doesn’t get much of a boost from the pants.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I took a chance on Partition Backdoor even though I'm way under-LL for it. (It calls for 1790, and I'm at 1767).

I actually managed to get to the final encounter, then used the LFG app to get one more person in my fireteam, and we were able to complete it together.

Somewhat amazed. It actually didn't feel like I was under-leveled for most of the encounter.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Legendary Variable is literally the most difficult PvE Content I've seen in this franchise, by a MILE

It's so out of balance that I think we're going to upgrade our Vexcaliburs in the coming weeks in a way that makes the activity easier. The third symbol being shootable/a shortcut, some of the mysterious Immune panes opening shortcuts, etc
Yeah jeeze, just went to get a taste solo with a void devour build and even the first encounter is just mean as all hell.

Legend Seraph felt like I just had to play safe and have some good damage. There's what, two darkness zones in that one? Both did have unlimited adds, but I dunno, I just feel like there wasn't the same pressure.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

2 days, several LFG groups and 19 hours of total raid time later I beat Nezarec and take the crappiest victory screenshot ever. I'm gonna feel like poo poo physically and like god mentally tomorrow

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

I am not an A-tier GaMeR person but I did several runs of the Heist Nightfall, and I felt it was fine? It's capped at -5 but that was the same as the actual Heists anyway, and it also feels like the enemy density is actually lower?

Like, I never touched Grandmasters, old endgame content in general kicked the poo poo out of me, and I am good enough at gunplay that I sit in Bronze III in Crucible, which is just short of "you require a disability aid" apparently.

But I did the Heist Hero NF several times, using Void, Stasis and Arc and didn't really have a huge issue? I can see maybe it getting a lot harder on Legendary maybe, but that tracks.

Congrats that it didn't suck for you, but that ain't stopping it from sucking poo poo for a bunch of other people.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anyone had noteworthy good/bad luck with exotics from Legend Lost Sectors this season? I'm 0 drops from 14 clears which is... Mathematically Unlikely, at 25%

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah no, sorry, gently caress this vexcaliber mission. Awful check pointing and endless waves of poo poo as “challenge”.

This lackluster expansion has done more to gate off chunks of this game as, apparently, just not for me than anything in D2 has in quite some time. I completed operation seraph and a bunch of hard solo poo poo in Witch Queen and had a great time but Lightfall is just one kick in the dick after another. I’m honestly at a loss for who finds some of this poo poo “fun”.

I guess if they’re really just all in on catering to a bunch of hardcores to the exclusion of every actual human being playing this game then I wish them well with it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Congrats that it didn't suck for you, but that ain't stopping it from sucking poo poo for a bunch of other people.

I mean fair but I am just putting out my personal anecdotal experience just like everyone else? "Okay it sucks for you, but a bunch of other people don't have issues" is the same sentiment ya know?

I get that people are having issues, but I also think Nightfalls are meant to be difficult. Again, it's no harder than it was as a seasonal activity and it's a Nightfall. Strikes still exist too. They're fun.

Right now the data provided has shown a large influx of new players along with good player retention, so I dunno, most people are still playing according to the player numbers. It's a lot of anecdotes vs anecdotes (and all my comments are personal anecdotes, not data points) but I'll be curious how the player numbers pan out in a month or so. If player retention is reasonably high then I guess it isn't really a problem?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

MJeff posted:

Raid shotgun, Seasonal grenade launcher.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Decided to delete it rarely-played Hunter and make a new one to play all the campaigns though with a hand cannon and Lucky Pants.

It seems like Hawkmoon doesn’t benefit from them? Or does it just not gain a benefit from the final round with Paracausal Charge stacks? I like it, Ace of Spades, and Crimson, but quick googling seems like hawkmoon doesn’t get much of a boost from the pants.
When they specifically changed how Lucky Pants worked, there was a patch note explaining how Hawkmoon's damage bump would be exempt with lucky pants.

One of the better fits for the pants is Malfeasance, I use it with voltshot weapons on an arc hunter, and applying jolt then going for Malf procs a significant amount of damage.

Sestze fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 12, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't mind the nightfall too much last week, but I was really not hot on this weeks. IMO it feels a good deal harder then the seasonal activity and feels like kind of one of those things that was just not put together with care - having to rush down the deathsinger without the boost is annoying and harder - the last boss having bonus melee damage makes him peak garbage design as he just annihlates you with cheap one shots and then vanishes into the ether the second you want to start laying damage into him. It's a huge mercy and I will give some credit for not making that boss room a darkness zone. Broadly, I feel like I'm getting clapped harder then I was during Seraph.

It also just leads to a feeling that my build is once again quite restricted, so that limits a lot of fun I can have.

Reward-wise, "some currency and maaaaaybe a nightfall gun" just does not feel like an enticing reward. Compare that seasonal activity being able to spend a key for a guaranteed engram deepsight/highstat armor. Granted, the value of seasonal activities is going to fall off sharply once you get all your patterns. Strikes might still exist, but they're even less rewarding. I feel like maybe they should be rewarding vanguard engrams more often then just on rank up or something, and then at least you might have a good method to chase some rolls? Will have to see how rank grind feels on 2x rep week.

I'll be curious to see what happens since I feel like the feedback has been pretty largely negative. I don't think raising the baseline difficulty was an entirely bad thing, but I do feel like I've found myself a lot more frustrated by situations of enemy density making me feeling like cover might as well not exist, or just getting gibbed in a blink of an eye despite running 10 resil.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm not even interested in trying this week's NF at any difficulty, I found the Seraph heists to be one of the least enjoyable grinds, from the 15 second death lasers in the opening run to the possibility of a hive clamshell motherfucker as a boss, they just weren't enjoyable.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mars Nightfall can be very unfun, but I guess it's balanced by the fact that you can't wipe at any point. I assume that's a first?

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

Junkenstein posted:

Mars Nightfall can be very unfun, but I guess it's balanced by the fact that you can't wipe at any point. I assume that's a first?

There's a Darkness zone for the door hacking (i think? I remember seeing the icon during it but it may have disappeared), so there's still a theoretical point of failure but its a pretty nothing fight until the last 15 seconds when it drops like 5 spawns at once.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

I mean fair but I am just putting out my personal anecdotal experience just like everyone else? "Okay it sucks for you, but a bunch of other people don't have issues" is the same sentiment ya know?

I get that people are having issues, but I also think Nightfalls are meant to be difficult. Again, it's no harder than it was as a seasonal activity and it's a Nightfall. Strikes still exist too. They're fun.

Right now the data provided has shown a large influx of new players along with good player retention, so I dunno, most people are still playing according to the player numbers. It's a lot of anecdotes vs anecdotes (and all my comments are personal anecdotes, not data points) but I'll be curious how the player numbers pan out in a month or so. If player retention is reasonably high then I guess it isn't really a problem?

I’ve played this game forever and been conked and gilded or whatever and I’ve done a few hero runs this season. Some have been fairly smooth and some have been anything but, seems like it’s highly dependent on whether your teammates also go hard in the paint.

The one constant this season has been that poo poo is way less fun and is way more tedious. I have a real job where I get to slam my dick in a drawer all day, so I’m not sure why they are tuning a 7 year old live service game to turn my hobby into a second one!

If I ever felt like the game should be work I could always do master raids or whatever. Now everything feels like it has PvE SBMM.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

The one constant this season has been that poo poo is way less fun and is way more tedious. I have a real job where I get to slam my dick in a drawer all day, so I’m not sure why they are tuning a 7 year old live service game to turn my hobby into a second one!

Fuckin’ exactly this. Maybe streamers want this poo poo to be their job, but I don’t!

Real life is hard and I come to Destiny for power fantasy and shoot mans.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Finally pounded through a few legendary lost sectors at 1810 with artifact and man, the difficulty scaling is just all out of whack in this game now. I have to hit red bar shitters three times with my hammer to kill them, meanwhile in a dungeon hammer donks almost one-shot everything but the bosses. Why is the hard content easy and the medium content so ball-crushingly slow?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

ptroll posted:

Finally pounded through a few legendary lost sectors at 1810 with artifact and man, the difficulty scaling is just all out of whack in this game now. I have to hit red bar shitters three times with my hammer to kill them, meanwhile in a dungeon hammer donks almost one-shot everything but the bosses. Why is the hard content easy and the medium content so ball-crushingly slow?

Cause bungo decided to listen a fuckhead streamer or 2 with this difficulty change I guess

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Anyone had noteworthy good/bad luck with exotics from Legend Lost Sectors this season? I'm 0 drops from 14 clears which is... Mathematically Unlikely, at 25%

I got the hunter boots on the first try, but am 0/5 or 6 for the warlock arms

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Destiny 2 uses a "most powerful buff of X type" system to prevent stacking - for example, if you have two buffs of Type A that give +10% and +20%, you'll only get +20%. The damage modifier for Hawkmoon and Lucky Pants are of the same type, so the game just uses the highest available modifier.

Lucky Pants work incredibly well with The Last Word, so you might want to try giving that a shot if you happen to have it!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Kith posted:

Destiny 2 uses a "most powerful buff of X type" system to prevent stacking - for example, if you have two buffs of Type A that give +10% and +20%, you'll only get +20%. The damage modifier for Hawkmoon and Lucky Pants are of the same type, so the game just uses the highest available modifier.

Lucky Pants work incredibly well with The Last Word, so you might want to try giving that a shot if you happen to have it!

I have pretty much every exotic hand cannon (except Malfeasance!) so I’m just trying them all out. Last Word is cool, but it feels so odd not aiming down sights.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
something seems funky with the mars battleground nightfall this week. i don't think its just the broad difficulty bump they did, like i had no problem doing last week's nightfall with pubs at all but this one is killer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

what a loving rush god drat that was fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Turned The Variable down to normal, instantly got a solo flawless (well, second try, since on the first I got killed by a physics glitch). Just barely over 30 minutes, too

Here's a clip from my face cam during the second encounter:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Waroduce posted:

weeee

e: please forgive my lack of fashion, this is the first time i've had star eaters or aeons on my hunter this season

arsenicCatnip posted:

2 days, several LFG groups and 19 hours of total raid time later I beat Nezarec and take the crappiest victory screenshot ever. I'm gonna feel like poo poo physically and like god mentally tomorrow

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

what a loving rush god drat that was fun.

:yeah:

Nice work y'all! Congrats!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yeah no, sorry, gently caress this vexcaliber mission. Awful check pointing and endless waves of poo poo as “challenge”.

This lackluster expansion has done more to gate off chunks of this game as, apparently, just not for me than anything in D2 has in quite some time. I completed operation seraph and a bunch of hard solo poo poo in Witch Queen and had a great time but Lightfall is just one kick in the dick after another. I’m honestly at a loss for who finds some of this poo poo “fun”.

I guess if they’re really just all in on catering to a bunch of hardcores to the exclusion of every actual human being playing this game then I wish them well with it.

I thought it was difficult but doable and fun once I focused and played well. It was a good challenge and required a little bit of thinking with what build to use at certain points. Even felt a little disappointed when I finished because i just used a chill clip fusion on the last phase of the boss to chain stuns while also running around the arena in a panic trying to scrounge up more special ammo because I was really bad at aiming the wendigo at longer ranges.

IDK how it's considered hardcore when it's just a stupid optional weapon with a difficult challenge that you could do in a group.

Edit: I was also at 1810 with artifact power included.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 12, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

killed man, got emblem. only drops i got the entire run were the shotgun and the pants so my spoils vendor looked pathetic lmao

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kith posted:

killed man, got emblem. only drops i got the entire run were the shotgun and the pants so my spoils vendor looked pathetic lmao

Yeah I've had only the LFR from two clears as a gun, I'm up to five of them including extra chest drops.

Was good to watch you guys get through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So I’m guessing this raid will probably be the easiest raid in the game without Contest mode?