Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sebzilla posted:

I believe he pretended to be a Newcastle fan

Gordon Brown supporting Raith Rovers is more believable, because nobody would make up being a Raith fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Brown pretended to like the Arctic Monkeys too lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

That was so weird. Didn't he say he liked to sing along to them in the shower? I just can't see him bopping to I Bet You Look Good On the Dance Floor

Like, who the gently caress changes their vote because someone likes the same music? Of course Gordon Brown doesn't listen to commentary pop music, he's been a politics nerd since he was a teen and was already in his mid-50s by the time he was PM

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I'll never be PM.
I can't tell the difference between Ant & Dec, I don't pretend to buy pasties from non-existent pasty stands on train stations, and I seriously couldn't give an utter monkey's about who wins a stupid ball game.

(Don't tell me y'all have forgotten #pastygate?)

Yum yum, you can tell from my face I love pasties:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 12, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Blair pretended to like D:Ream, and it put a curse on them

Remember their keyboard player? He looks like this now:

He aged better than Blair though

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'll never be PM.
I can't tell the difference between Ant & Dec, I don't pretend to buy pasties from non-existent pasty stands on train stations, and I seriously couldn't give an utter monkey's about who wins a stupid ball game.

(Don't tell me y'all have forgotten #pastygate?)

Ant always stands on the left, and Dec is always drink driving

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

People getting upset about tax on sausage rolls seems like an incredibly simpler, far off , gentle time

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

fuctifino posted:

Strange AI mashup of Pierce Brosnan and Brian Cox, but okay.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kingturnip posted:

Strange AI mashup of Pierce Brosnan and Brian Cox, but okay.

That's Brian Cox

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

That's Brian Cox

Yep the Brian Cox without the dodgy hair.

Compare and contrast Brian Cox:

Meanwhile:

Fk me even the BoD have spoken out about the govt small boats policy.

https://twitter.com/kelehan_kevin3/status/1634573100896378881?s=20

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1634656232853192705

This.... is.... not........satire......

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ant always stands on the left, and Dec is always drink driving

No, Ant stands on the left *and* is always drink driving

It is ironic because Ant is the bigger one, but ants are actually very small.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ant is the one that hit every branch of the forehead tree on the way down

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Need to get off twitter now, my heart is about to burst through my chest rather in the manner of the alien bursting out of John Hurt's chest reading fash tweets.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I’m just warning you all now, I’ll suffer no more Major Hogan slander on this page.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I did not sign in to get this tweet.

https://twitter.com/TerryMac999/status/1634157973982388227?s=20

What is the reason why defendants are not allowed to give their motivation?
Surely to prosecute someone you have to have motive? (Or have been watching too many cop shows on tv?)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

fuctifino posted:

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

happyhippy posted:

doesn't everyone who listens to them

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

HopperUK posted:

No, Ant stands on the left *and* is always drink driving

It is ironic because Ant is the bigger one, but ants are actually very small.

Which one's PJ and which one's Duncan though?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Why does Ant, the largest Ant and Dec, not simply eat the other Ant and Dec?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

the "my struggles" book circuit tour

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Barry Foster posted:

Why does Ant, the largest Ant and Dec, not simply eat the other Ant and Dec?

Because he's too stoned on opiates.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't watch TV so for a long time I thought ant middleton was the ant from ant and dec and he'd gone to the gym a lot since he had the drink driving thing and was now selling lifestyle advice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Need to get off twitter now, my heart is about to burst through my chest rather in the manner of the alien bursting out of John Hurt's chest reading fash tweets.

Oh, so now you're against illegal immigrants? Perhaps it is you who is the real fascist. :smuggo:

#StopTheFacehuggers

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I don't know how there are people on twitter who can go about posting stuff normally and not be sucked into the loving echochamber shouting matches that surround every single post. Like, for me it's like sending information out via a messenger, when that messenger just has to run through an endless stream of loud, obnoxious and lovely opinions. It leaves me ragged and tired just going through one thread to see how poo poo people are let alone multiples.

Doesnt matter anyway, Rupert Murdoch will buy it off Elon's hands and run it into the ground for us

Kind of similar to how Facebook started off as something useful for uni students and now is the biggest turd on the internet.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Man of the people , and diehard foot-soccer fan , John Redwood gives us his expert take on last nights action

https://twitter.com/johnredwood/status/1634687309940420608?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

penalty calls ? i think he watched some american football instead?

Jel Shaker fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 12, 2023

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Diet Crack posted:

I don't know how there are people on twitter who can go about posting stuff normally and not be sucked into the loving echochamber shouting matches that surround every single post. Like, for me it's like sending information out via a messenger, when that messenger just has to run through an endless stream of loud, obnoxious and lovely opinions. It leaves me ragged and tired just going through one thread to see how poo poo people are let alone multiples.

Doesnt matter anyway, Rupert Murdoch will buy it off Elon's hands and run it into the ground for us

Having read the SA Musk thread, I don't think this will happen.

Musk has gone all in on Twitter. Either due to a combination of wanting to prove that HE will be the one to turn it around (spoiler warning: He won't.)
Or, as is my personal theory, since the court ruling that he had to buy the platform even after making a stoned tweet, he wants to kill it out of spite.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Aside from live sports updates and news from insiders, I'm not sure I'd ever miss twitter personally. Though it does lead to some good individual endeavours, they're usually drowned out by the other 99.99% of utter garbage

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ah yes. Renowned mime artiste Adolf Hitler

https://twitter.com/tonymc39/status/1634653533407510536?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I don't know why or how but my brain was trying to process this as some sort of Joy Division/Ian Curtis joke

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

really crazy how adolf hitler just appeared in the reichstag one day and nobody could throw him out.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Diet Crack posted:

Kind of similar to how Facebook started off as something useful for uni students and now is the biggest turd on the internet.

That's why I deleted it about three years ago. You go on just wanting to talk about poo poo Kiwi all-rounders and crap 1990s Wales footballers and just end up getting banned for calling a neo-Nazi a oval office.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
On a similar bent, according to the opening monologue here the reason the ‘30s comparison is so outrageous is… the Tories are being far too soft on migrants compared to the Nazis…?

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1634679895916773376?s=20

(It’s remarkable too how similar this is to Sensible Liberal David Baddiel’s assertion that this is completely different because one is about an internal population vs external, and missing the point entirely)

On a side note: I’ve refused to engage with anything GB News related before, but got sucked in yesterday , and I must say I was taken about by just how outwardly fascist a lot of the content is. It’s genuinely shocking that this is on British TV every day, conducted by people that have been mainstays in popular culture for decades.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 12, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

my only exposure to twitter is either this forum via twitter embeds, often with points the poster wants to make but doesn’t want to post themselves like it’s an appeal to authority thing, or on the bbc news, possibly repeating what some idiot MP mentioned in a speech at parliament

never have i met a human irl with a twitter account

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No you see these people actually are "external" to the natural and eternal unit of social organization, the nation. And therefore it's OK to treat them like dogshit.

Also the nazis only ever did anything bad to german jews because you see once they invaded places they became germany.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Jel Shaker posted:

penalty calls ? i think he watched some american football instead?

"There's a flag on the play"

"IT BE'AH BE THE FACKIN YOONYUN JACK YOU KAHNTS"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Answers Me posted:

On a similar bent, according to the opening monologue here the reason the ‘30s comparison is so outrageous is… the Tories are being far too soft on migrants compared to the Nazis…?

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1634679895916773376?s=20

(It’s remarkable too how similar this is to Sensible Liberal David Baddiel’s assertion that this is completely different because one is about an internal population vs external, and missing the point entirely)

On a side note: I’ve refused to engage with anything GB News related before, but got sucked in yesterday , and I must say I was taken about by just how outwardly fascist a lot of the content is. It’s genuinely shocking that this is on British TV every day, conducted by people that have been mainstays in popular culture for decades.

if you get your feelings hurt by being called a scab don't be a loving scab

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mega Comrade posted:

Contrary to :tinfoil: the government doesn't have nearly as much access as they would like. This attack on end to end encryption dates back decades, but the arguments of catching standard criminals or terrorists haven't worked.

So now it's "think of the children"!

That any solution would be completely unworkable doesn't seem to register.

So far the best solution has been to create a completely secure communication device for the people that the gov wants to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

My only exposure to Twitter is through SA and 90% of that relates to the war in Ukraine, never had an account with it.