Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Idk though I think by making the method of revealing a trans woman's birth gender (species?) be a holographic scythe through the head the author might be intending us to read a message between the lines.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Microplastics posted:

What is a "john"

Common American English term for someone who employs the services of sex workers. I don't know if it explicitly connotes exploitative or criminal behavior, but it is usually associated with those.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yeah, teens love the oscars.
And, one assumes, the Kardashians whose show went off the two years ago.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Might as well rip the bandaid off then...

Other than being named the Interloper this is one of those "a vote for bart is a vote for anarchy" toons.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean I don't think anyone particularly wants to go to a female prison or rape shelter, but I guess if you're a really hosed up dude who likes to project onto trans women, those sound like a picnic.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean I don't think anyone particularly wants to go to a female prison or rape shelter, but I guess if you're a really hosed up dude who likes to project onto trans women, those sound like a picnic.

Ok that's on me I saw "women's sports" and "lesbian bars" and stopped reading. But in my defense, how much attention should I give Ishida?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lesbian bars don't ban men anyway I've been to them before.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A joke about My Humps one and a half decade after it was (barely) culturally relevant is impressively out of touch.

HootTheOwl posted:

And, one assumes, the Kardashians whose show went off the two years ago.

The show is still going.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

SimonChris posted:

I'm pretty sure that the idea is that her holographic scythe destroys the holographic disguise of the evil trans person, not that she literally murders her. You can tell that the scythe itself is glitching out in the last panel. Who knows with Sinfest, though.
Sure, but the visual imagery of stabbing her in the head is hard to deny. Like, it could've been a gun that just destroys the illusion but the imagery would still have been shooting a trans person in the head. By blatantly intentional design the comic is about murdering trans people if you ever see them near a child, or even suspect they might be - and hey, turns out it's easy to suspect when you spend every waking moment screaming to people that's what they're doing!
Also I know this one only exists because Tatsuya Ishida has the memory of a goldfish and just did a comic about trans people being illegal immigrants so his Markov-chain brain pivoted to this, but... even by Sinfest standards this feels out of place. Just a random comic thrown in about "also, gently caress immigrants! We SHOULD be afraid of them!!!", in case his alt-right base didn't trust him enough to regurgitate their talking points?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Alhazred posted:

The show is still going.

What? I know I saw ads for the end and Google says it's final episode was 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

HootTheOwl posted:

What? I know I saw ads for the end and Google says it's final episode was 2021

That was Keeping Up With The K's, apparently. The K's started last year.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The idea is that obviously these Men just want to infiltrate spaces that are supposed to be safe havens for women so they can prey on them.
It's the whole "Oho, I will simply identify as a female so I can go perv around in the girl's locker room." bullshit again, just taken to further extremes.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Sure, but the visual imagery of stabbing her in the head is hard to deny. Like, it could've been a gun that just destroys the illusion but the imagery would still have been shooting a trans person in the head. By blatantly intentional design the comic is about murdering trans people if you ever see them near a child, or even suspect they might be - and hey, turns out it's easy to suspect when you spend every waking moment screaming to people that's what they're doing

About a month ago there was a very public case of a trans teenage girl, Brianna Ghey, stabbed to death in the UK. Considering how much of a TERF hive it is, I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't an allusion in support of her murderers

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak’s immigration nightmare – An Enoch Powell-shaped vision visits the prime minister in his sleep"

Sunday Telegraph:

Match of the Day to air without presenter or pundits after Gary Lineker’s suspension

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Harry hasn’t decided if they’ll be attending the coronation yet, he’s still waiting to hear what Gary Lineker thinks.”

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Vib Rib posted:

Also I know this one only exists because Tatsuya Ishida has the memory of a goldfish and just did a comic about trans people being illegal immigrants so his Markov-chain brain pivoted to this, but... even by Sinfest standards this feels out of place. Just a random comic thrown in about "also, gently caress immigrants! We SHOULD be afraid of them!!!", in case his alt-right base didn't trust him enough to regurgitate their talking points?

I think this was the day or two after he got someone on Gab, of all places, telling him "okay, we get the point" about the "violent transes!!!" transphobic series from the week before.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/Pinko69420/status/1634651668443791360?s=20

Saw this cartoon while Twitter scrolling. Not sure about who the cartoonist is, other than a terf.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nenonen posted:

That was Keeping Up With The K's, apparently. The K's started last year.

Ok Ramirez is right, kill t the future

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak’s immigration nightmare – An Enoch Powell-shaped vision visits the prime minister in his sleep"
On the off chance you don't know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3QC5_efQb0

the_steve posted:

Saw this cartoon while Twitter scrolling. Not sure about who the cartoonist is, other than a terf.

https://www.facebook.com/igal.kochuev

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 12, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

the_steve posted:

I'd love to hear the explanation for why this isn't "functioning" despite, uh, functioning in the cartoon just fine.

I'd also like to smirk at the person explaining the whole time, then laugh and walk away.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Strong echoes of this flavor of cartoon:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Idgi, why is that not functional? Is it because it's a biker helping out someone who had a flat tire? Is it because the car has a spare and a jack, rather than just a patch kit?

Yes I know it's supposed to be horribly anti-trans, but I choose to be horribly obtuse and make them explain why what they chose to show is supposedly bad.

Also, just pretend that I quoted the Sinfest comics with a "gently caress you." as my comment to each one, with 20-30 gently caress Yous under the one making fun of recognizing Indiginous lands.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies nomination: Least concealed bigotry (transphobia), Worst label

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

ive been held at gunpoint twice and ive been physically assaulted while working as a gas station clerk. somehow i didn't become a conservative because of them

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Haitian posted:

Worst label

I'm sorry but Kellies Nomination: Worst Label is a shoe-in this year

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

World Famous W posted:

ive been held at gunpoint twice and ive been physically assaulted while working as a gas station clerk. somehow i didn't become a conservative because of them

I think this is a line said almost entirely by people who have never actually been mugged nor met anyone who has.

This is like Alex Jones who said he was "mugged" because a black guy he didn't know asked him what time it was on the street.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xiahou Dun posted:

I think this is a line said almost entirely by people who have never actually been mugged nor met anyone who has.

This is like Alex Jones who said he was "mugged" because a black guy he didn't know asked him what time it was on the street.

It's said by people who think that they're the only ones who have had to deal with "reality."

Ah yes, it's easy to be idealistic until the harsh fist of reality plays the knockout game with you, then you Grow Up and become conservative because they're the ones who know what's up.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Same people who go "I had a bad encounter with a minority once, that's why I'm racist". Just like I'm sure if they'd been mugged by a white guy they would've become anti-white.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So Lester’s statistic of “gender surgeries tripling” for minors is that gender dysphoria diagnoses have tripled since 2017. Because clearly everyone one of those kids is going to opt for surgery :lol: What a dishonest gently caress.

Oh and that 42,000 diagnoses, which amounts to uh…0.016% of minors in the US. Weird how Lester went for the more sensationalist number.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Sorta like how any surgery that could, in some cases, be applied to trans people is now "trans surgery". I did see some post trying to lump all breast reductions as trans.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Gender surgery is any surgery done one someone with a gender.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Pants Donkey posted:

So Lester’s statistic of “gender surgeries tripling” for minors is that gender dysphoria diagnoses have tripled since 2017. Because clearly everyone one of those kids is going to opt for surgery :lol: What a dishonest gently caress.

Oh and that 42,000 diagnoses, which amounts to uh…0.016% of minors in the US. Weird how Lester went for the more sensationalist number.

Also, even if Lester was right about it being surgeries, and even if Lester was right about the increase being dramatic, it still ignores that due to a lack of understanding and lack of awareness gender reassignment was being under-diagnosed prior to then, and the dramatic change may have much more to do with an exposure of normal levels than some “well all the kids my ages are getting their dicks cut off, I want to join the cool kids too”

An issue that has come up repeatedly when discussing LGBTQIA issues and mental health issues, btw.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Broelman:

Badiucao:

Spooner:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Skios posted:

Might as well rip the bandaid off then...

Pettyfest:

Wholesomefest:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

the_steve posted:

This is one of those "no one in the comic seems unhappy and nothing bad is happening, but trust me this is awful" political comics.

A person got a flat tire, another person stopped to help them, the person who got the flat tire is grateful to receive assistance and the person changing the tire is completely in control of the situation. And this is bad because.....?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

You forgot to mention Topol Died.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Wow what if Star Trek challenged regressive societal norms?

That would be weird and wacky huh

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Randalor posted:

Idgi, why is that not functional? Is it because it's a biker helping out someone who had a flat tire? Is it because the car has a spare and a jack, rather than just a patch kit?

Yes I know it's supposed to be horribly anti-trans, but I choose to be horribly obtuse and make them explain why what they chose to show is supposedly bad.

It's also just flatly sexist; we don't know what the gender of the apparently-DFAB individual changing the tire is supposed to be, but the clear intention is "someone with two X chromosomes can't ride a motorcycle, wear leather, or change a tire".

Adenoid Dan posted:

Wow what if Star Trek challenged regressive societal norms?

That would be weird and wacky huh

Just imagine I posted that "wow, cool robot" meme but with ore-ida forehead aliens.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dr. Stab posted:

Gender surgery is any surgery done one someone with a gender.

false, gender-affirming surgery like hair plugs or a chin implant is absolutely not gender surgery

it's only bad evil surgery if it marginally improves the life of a minority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!