Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am still mad he has the order of adjectives wrong, as it is clearly a vegan Pokémon bagpack. Somebody set up us the bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

We get signal. Oh geez!!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Butts posted:

Also I'm still not over the fact that Mazri is oblivious to the fact that "Oh, Geez" is a negative reaction to a surprise.

Yeah this was bothering me too even though I couldn’t fully explain why

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
What are some pokemon considered vegan cause I'm pretty sure even the plant ones can feel fear and pain. Canonically.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

laserghost posted:

We get signal. Oh geez!!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

What are some pokemon considered vegan cause I'm pretty sure even the plant ones can feel fear and pain. Canonically.

Porygon, Magnemite and Magneton

The one that is just a set of keys would probably qualify

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

MassRafTer posted:

What's a backpack?

don't wanna talk about it

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

MassRafTer posted:

What's a backpack?

About three pounds

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I guess I never really thought about it that way, but I guess metal is vegan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1634414754402902018

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i would eat seven horses in front of god if Nathen could explain, in a well-reasoned and actionable way, loving how

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Thank god its no longer his era.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DoombatINC posted:

i would eat seven horses in front of god if Nathen could explain, in a well-reasoned and actionable way, loving how

You would not, because amphetamines suppress appetite

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Some Pokémon are sentient enough to consent to being eaten

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
it is always ethical to eat Mr. Mime

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

That pokemon that looked like a blue spaghetti with eyes and shoes

Are shoes edible

kare
Mar 19, 2002

laserghost posted:

That pokemon that looked like a blue spaghetti with eyes and shoes

Are shoes edible

Pretty sure that's what vegan shoes are for

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

DoombatINC posted:

That’s a hell of a :toxx:.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Why does he have to make literally everything weird and disturbing?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Why does he have to make literally everything weird and disturbing?

That's Entergagement, baby!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Is there a menu option obscured by the logo? Lol

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

steinrokkan posted:

Is there a menu option obscured by the logo? Lol

Designed for mobile

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
I think Nathen is projecting a bit with this counterfeit underwear issue

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I only catch up on this thread every now and then as I can’t take it in large doses.

There was a Scooby Doo EATS?!

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

angerbeet posted:

I only catch up on this thread every now and then as I can’t take it in large doses.

send this poster to the farm 2 plate 2 lasagna fork gulag

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

angerbeet posted:

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

angerbeet posted:

There was, but on a much smaller scale than GarfieldEATS

As in it was selling online rebranded frozen food and some odd merch

Everything was #Farm2Plate as was already stated but no confirmation if Mazri was thr youngest Scooby-Doo licensee #DubaiDubaiDoo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh gently caress i forgot to #staybrowsed oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

angerbeet posted:

Yeah that was a vague “FARM 2 PLATE” venture that involved selling hot dogs, hamburgers and re-re-rebranded frozen lasagnas to grocery stores. That one went under when his business partner (Pascal?) pulled the plug iirc.

One day Nathen just declared that “BBQ season was over” and said Scooby Eats would return next year.

(Scooby Eats did not return next year)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

JFC does he think that would encourage people to buy something from him? That picture is offputting, weird and uncomfortably sexual in tone. No one is going to look at that and say, “Hell yeah let me buy whatever this freak is selling” let alone something to eat.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I feel like the love of brands and hatred of counterfeits is genuine but it’s such a lovely thing to be genuinely into

Is there really such a proliferation of fake Spider-Man (autocorrect did that, Nathen isn’t even punctuating it properly for someone so concerned about ersatz goods) underwear that ordinary people need to worry about it

Are they in danger of being tricked? Are we assuming they would only want to buy a genuine article? EgeeZ just does not have a strong case for its existence.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This whole thing is like a cross between Star Citizen and Doobies Doghouse

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I want to skidmark a brand, not a knockoff. Nathfield gets me.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

EEKA GEEK posted:

Is there really such a proliferation of fake Spider-Man (autocorrect did that, Nathen isn’t even punctuating it properly for someone so concerned about ersatz goods)...

If I was Marvel I'd be a little concerned that this thing, that's supposed to be all about protecting brands, managed to spell my hugely famous IP wrong. Turns out the product name is a thing companies do actually care about quite a bit.

If they can't even spell one of the biggest properties in the world right then what chance do smaller brands have? Would I end up as Steadyman on Iggies? Because that would dilute my patented posting brand a lot. Most companies do actually care quite a bit about how their product is represented by licensees. I will not be onboarding with Nathen today I'm afraid.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Also "arse" is such a distinctively Commonwealth/un-American parlance. It is alienating to me!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Steadiman posted:

If I was Marvel I'd be a little concerned that this thing, that's supposed to be all about protecting brands, managed to spell my hugely famous IP wrong. Turns out the product name is a thing companies do actually care about quite a bit.

If they can't even spell one of the biggest properties in the world right then what chance do smaller brands have? Would I end up as Steadyman on Iggies? Because that would dilute my patented posting brand a lot. Most companies do actually care quite a bit about how their product is represented by licensees. I will not be onboarding with Nathen today I'm afraid.

Mistakes like that are a giveaway that there isn't even one other person looking at this stuff critically before it gets "published"

Also I can hear him just calling you Steadman like Ralph Steadman

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Mozi posted:

oh gently caress i forgot to #staybrowsed oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

You a*se, how could you?

I sentence you to a life of unlicensed underwear! You will pass gas through the fibres of an unofficial decal of a smurf and suffer.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Apparently you can shop by voice :confused:

Oh good, a triangle. Nothing inspires confidence like a triangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

EEKA GEEK posted:

Mistakes like that are a giveaway that there isn't even one other person looking at this stuff critically before it gets "published"

Also I can hear him just calling you Steadman like Ralph Steadman

Yeah and that's alarming because any brand would obsessively make sure that even a throwaway instagram story post would follow the strict guidelines, for a big advertisement on your main website there really is no excuse. I mean that's the foundation on which everything regarding marketing is built and he can't even get that right but I guess we have voice AI or something so yeah. Not that I care about marketing and I think most of that stuff is dumb as hell but that is the way that industry works and, oh boy, do they take that poo poo seriously

wynott dunn posted:

Oh good, a triangle. Nothing inspires confidence like a triangle

WORRY...