Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I think no fries and no exterior oil coat and I would demolish that thing. I hate fries on sandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Guy ruined perfectly good Dutch crunch with all that sauce and oil.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Why do some of you hate fries on sandwiches?

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 11, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Karma Comedian posted:

I have had a good experience with it one time at a torta place where they used the perfect kind of fry and it somehow stayed crisp through the experience.

Every other time it has been a stodgy mess within minutes and detracts from the sandwich experience by just being a bland carb. the carb in your sandwich should just be bread imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
and mfer don't get me started on rice in burritos!!!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Fries are one of my favorite things to eat but they suck if they aren't prepared properly

If they're a secondary ingredient then odds are good they aren't getting the full treatment- undercooked or only getting cooked once, soggy and full of oil, etc.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Karma Comedian posted:

texture, just being a filler...
It's weird because I am, quite literally, the least picky eater I know - but this I'm just like 'Nah'. I mean I'll eat it if thats how it came or I can't change it for some reason, but if I have the option I ask for them gone when ordering

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Karma Comedian posted:

In this case there's just too much of it stuffed in.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

and mfer don't get me started on rice in burritos!!!

Me neither because it's a crime

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/e5FjOLU.mp4

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

That just seems like a very lazy way of doing that.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Those blow

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Chili rellalmost

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I can understand those points. I like steak n shakes fries specifically because they're those thin potato straw kind and stay crisp on a burger.

Got me thinking about burgers now
https://youtu.be/WhdWpKK_Qvw

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Never liked these. onion pakoras are tastier anyway.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
There's not a lot to that one, is there?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Futanari Damacy posted:

There's not a lot to that one, is there?

When making these usually, they're made with vegetables cut into small pieces. The whole fried pepper or large chili is just a gimmick eat.

onion pakodas made this way are much better though. But they gotta have not too much batter on.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LifeSunDeath posted:

Foreign Street Food: way too much wet white goo tho.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

zone posted:

When making these usually, they're made with vegetables cut into small pieces. The whole fried pepper or large chili is just a gimmick eat.

onion pakodas made this way are much better though. But they gotta have not too much batter on.

That looks awesome. The whole peppers always look like they'd be raw inside, which doesn't seem like what I'd want if I was in the mood for deep fried veggies.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Well they are hollow, so there isn't much of them to cook. The big deal is that cooking them whole leaves the giant gross seed lump intact.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
One of my favorite food memories was going to my Indian friends house in high school and his mom frying up different squash flowers for us in that batter for a snack. I make them sometimes now with zucchini flowers from my garden but my white skin makes me terrible at figuring out the right spice blend for the batter, so I usually dress them up with ricotta and put them in a salad.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

JackBandit posted:

One of my favorite food memories was going to my Indian friends house in high school and his mom frying up different squash flowers for us in that batter for a snack. I make them sometimes now with zucchini flowers from my garden but my white skin makes me terrible at figuring out the right spice blend for the batter, so I usually dress them up with ricotta and put them in a salad.

I mean in most cases those are served here with just a bit of chili powder and some salt, but you can add basically any spices you want to those and it'd taste good. If you don't want to spice up the batter by itself you can always toast and grind your favorites to powder and sprinkle it on top before eating

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/jtwLf2t.mp4

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD4n9N8RNfU

Lots of flopping and sizzling.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

When does the burst happen

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That did not need sweetcorn on it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Need? No. But the corn is fine.

Also that’s a pizza.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

On the toilet

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Questions:
1. Was that first layer all mayo?
2. Was the last layer all garlic?

Answers don't matter, I would probably still eat it.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

When you bite into it and realize there's a solid half inch of mayo under the melted cheese

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I made myself something similar last night, was high as hell.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If you fuckers read the worst pizza thread you'd know that's catupiry, not mayo

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The theatrical presentation style of plopping a large quantity of food on to a vessel doesn't work so well for a cup of peppers into a to go container.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
That's India so I don't think catupiry but I'm holding out hope it's still a cream cheese despite having seen mayo in 1000 videos and cream cheese in 0

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Why does it show them cutting the crusts off and rolling out the bread, and then the next picture is nonrolled crusted bread

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

JackBandit posted:

Why does it show them cutting the crusts off and rolling out the bread, and then the next picture is nonrolled crusted bread

theres two slices...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They only do that to one slice.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

And what looks like the slice of cheese they put on is the ultracompressed breadsliver

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's important to safely secure your mayonnaise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It's your bubble when you realize that this is poverty pizza.

I can smear pimiento cheese on white bread too

also

Brain Curry posted:

On the toilet