Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Footage from the Formula-E Monaco race

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rretskcNs11s1ddrj_720.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The CX-30 Turbo is perfectly enjoyable, having owned one for almost a year, and that meme is great

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

wesleywillis posted:

The Mazda will be way cheaper, more reliable and since so many people say it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than fast car slow, probably more fun to drive.

YEAH BUT ITS NOT A FERREAREI

I'll let you know when they finally come in

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Personally I think it's fun to drive slow cars fast and also fun to drive fast cars fast but maybe that's just me

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

fridge corn posted:

Personally I think it's fun to drive slow cars fast and also fun to drive fast cars fast but maybe that's just me

Yeah for sure, but you know what I'm talking about.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I think the kids say 'cope'?

https://twitter.com/GaytonaUSA/status/1634697844958322688?t=EJFWh1AgobpxilBjz_q_5w&s=19

I feel like saying 'they look nothing alike' when the side profile is virtually identical is funny. It's OK to like a jazzed up Mazda... Except for the Fiat 124 because that poo poo looks worse than the Mazda version.

that ferrari has probably the worst ratio of glass to body i've yet seen. do people just not care about seeing outside anymore? why does every new car have to feel like driving a tank? jesus. you're allowed to have windows!!

here, this is not terrible car stuff, i just have to post it to feel better.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

that ferrari has probably the worst ratio of glass to body i've yet seen. do people just not care about seeing outside anymore?

People might care, but that's the cheapest way to make the safety regs work right now. This isn't happening just because people "like" it.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Motronic posted:

People might care, but that's the cheapest way to make the safety regs work right now. This isn't happening just because people "like" it.

yeah it's all about crash safety when it comes to the belt line of cars now. it used to be down at like mid torso and now you're lucky if it's at your shoulder. although this is all because both people and car manufacturers are dumb and just want big SUVs

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I was looking at Alfa Romeos a while back and couldn't help but laugh at where the window line in this thing was relative to the headrest.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fridge corn posted:

wesleywillis posted:

The Mazda will be way cheaper, more reliable and since so many people say it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than fast car slow, probably more fun to drive.

YEAH BUT ITS NOT A FERREAREI

Almost none of either of these two will ever be driven fast and as they are both lovely SUV's so I can pretty much predict with confidence they will be understeering grip pigs with about as much driver involvement as watching a RC car. Altho given the Mazda is a I6 turbo RWD and waaaaay cheaper, there's potential there for a interesting sleeper if the aftermarket gets hold of it. The Ferrari OTOH will just continue to be a footballer WAGs shopping trolley / private school kid runner and remain on the level of contempt it deserves

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’ll take the 715 hp non turbo V12 over the Mazda but that’s just me

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fL4W6odDc

do shorts embed? cant tell if this is right thread or not

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fL4W6odDc

do shorts embed? cant tell if this is right thread or not

It worked.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

everdave posted:

I’ll take the 715 hp non turbo V12 over the Mazda but that’s just me

Yes it's just you

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Years ago I told my friend that Ferrari would eventually make an SUV. Mark my words, MARK THEM. He told me to bite my tongue and take it back, it would never happen

What a bittersweet day

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 13, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Love to post in a subforum called automotive insanity where everyone hates ferraris. A more apt name a subforum couldn't have

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Altho given the Mazda is a I6 turbo RWD and waaaaay cheaper, there's potential there for a interesting sleeper if the aftermarket gets hold of it.
Some of them are turbo I4's with AWD so you don't even get that potential. :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
At the Monaco hairpin:

Bonus in-car footage:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Fixed your links.
This was in the bad drivers thread:

If that bollard had hit above the driver instead of towards the back, that probably would have been a fatality.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 13, 2023

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Love to post in a subforum called automotive insanity where everyone hates ferraris. A more apt name a subforum couldn't have

Yeah I don't get it either, the SUV is kinda dumb but if it enables them to make more cars then whatever. The SUV is for all the rich housewives, who cares.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah I don't get it either, the SUV is kinda dumb but if it enables them to make more cars then whatever. The SUV is for all the rich housewives, who cares.

It's still a terrible car, so it fits here.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ferrari doesn't need to make an SUV in order to continue making their other cars. Saudi princes will always buy up every car they make at whatever price they ask.

Also, hot take: it would be no great loss to automobile culture if Ferrari of 2023 quit making cars. They just aren't that special anymore

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Ferrari doesn't need to make an SUV in order to continue making their other cars. Saudi princes will always buy up every car they make at whatever price they ask.

Also, hot take: it would be no great loss to automobile culture if Ferrari of 2023 quit making cars. They just aren't that special anymore

They still feel pretty special to drive. I enjoy driving them more than a lot of other cars.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

This post is terrible car stuff lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Here's my Ferrari hot take: Ferraris fucken own. You can hate the brand, hate the marketing, hate the saudi princes and dickhead lifestyle that is associated with them, you can hate the majority of the people that own them. I agree with all that. But cars themselves are freaking sweet.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
the venn diagram of f car owner and lifted brotruck owner have significant overlap in the bigoted self righteous hoped-for-a-big-cock-but-became-one-instead region.

Way over hyped poo poo because of flatlanders. It's just another dumb gently caress suv. which, lol at defending a dumb gently caress suv.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 13, 2023

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
The only Ferrari I've driven is a 328 GTS and that V8 sitting about 6 inches behind your head making wonderful noises rules, sorry haterz

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Footballer WAG SUVs no matter what badge they are Terrible Car Stuff OP. Sorry not sorry you cant/wont/don't wrap your mind around that simple concept.

The last Ferrari I drove was a 430 Challenge and apart from a glorious engine it was a turd with 1970s Lancia Beta parts and about the same build quality - Just what I want in a car that costs the same as a house. Have they changed? Don't care. I prefer Foresters that can maul them on a track because that's actual insanity, not some Saudi prince car jewellery

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My hot take is at least a Ferrari should look good instead of being a virtual clone of a generic CUV but :shrug:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Here's my Ferrari hot take: Ferraris fucken own. You can hate the brand, hate the marketing, hate the saudi princes and dickhead lifestyle that is associated with them, you can hate the majority of the people that own them. I agree with all that. But cars themselves are freaking sweet.

Aren't you like, the hired help? And you're defending the honor of the brand owned by the most tedious of the boomeriest of annoying rich owners who just sold out making a lovely looking SUV? Why?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...when you get paid per word for your articles and see an in to prattle on about your poor taste when referencing a joke image about car profiles.

https://twitter.com/JasonTorchinsky/status/1635345612064575488?t=0wuoohtrgXlkqD9uzgSvvA&s=19

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

Aren't you like, the hired help? And you're defending the honor of the brand owned by the most tedious of the boomeriest of annoying rich owners who just sold out making a lovely looking SUV? Why?

Try reading my post thanks. gently caress the brand, gently caress the tedious annoying rich owners. Ferraris (the cars) are cool tho. How is this such a difficult concept for you people to grasp

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

fridge corn posted:

Try reading my post thanks. gently caress the brand, gently caress the tedious annoying rich owners. Ferraris (the cars) are cool tho. How is this such a difficult concept for you people to grasp

Ferrari's that look like Ferraris are pretty rad.

An SUV that looks like a budget mazda, not so much.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

fridge corn posted:

I did read your posts. That's why I asked. So to put a fine point on it I think that:

1.) You are the hired help taking care of some rich dudes' cars
2.) It is overwhelmingly unlikely you will ever be able to afford one of these cars

In light of those things I'm trying to understand exactly what is motivating you to post what you are posting. Because it's the kind of thing someone who has spent a bunch of money on a thing is trying to convince other people that that thing is the best because it's the thing they chose and are stuck with so it must be the best.

And essentially stomping your feet like a child with this kind of hyperbole:

fridge corn posted:

Love to post in a subforum called automotive insanity where everyone hates ferraris.

because......a bunch of people didn't immediately defend the Mazdararri CUX-30?

Motronic fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 13, 2023

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Cool cars are cool. Uncool cars are not cool.

An uncool, butt ugly car is still an uncool, butt ugly car even if it is a Ferrari.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

slidebite posted:

Cool cars are cool. Uncool cars are not cool.

An uncool, butt ugly car is still an uncool, butt ugly car even if it is a Ferrari.

For comparison's sake, if i swapped a 500HP NA V12 Ferrari engine into a CX-30, would that be awesome or not?

I'm still thinking not, because LOOK AT IT, but it does have more redeeming features than the Mazda. Those being 500HP and V12, not necessarily Ferrari.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

For comparison's sake, if i swapped a 500HP NA V12 Ferrari engine into a CX-30, would that be awesome or not?

I'm still thinking not, because LOOK AT IT, but it does have more redeeming features than the Mazda. Those being 500HP and V12, not necessarily Ferrari.

Well I'd be pretty sure the Ferrari swapped CX-30 would be better built than it's donor car.....

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

I did read your posts. That's why I asked. So to put a fine point on it I think that:

1.) You are the hired help taking care of some rich dudes' cars
2.) It is overwhelmingly unlikely you will ever be able to afford one of these cars

In light of those things I'm trying to understand exactly what is motivating you to post what you are posting. Because it's the kind of thing someone who has spent a bunch of money on a thing is trying to convince other people that that thing is the best because it's the thing they chose and are stuck with so it must be the best.

And essentially stomping your feet like a child with this kind of hyperbole:

because......a bunch of people didn't immediately defend the Mazdararri CUX-30?

I'm a mechanic. It's a job. I can fix mazdas or I can fix ferraris it doesn't really matter. Ferraris are a lot more interesting. A long time ago I would have thought a lot like you but actually spending a lot of time working on, driving, and crawling all around inside and out of supercars I've gained a much greater appreciation of them.

I literally haven't said a word about the Purosangue until now. The only ppl stomping their feet like children are the ones falling over themselves saying how stupid it looks. I don't care what it looks like. I care that its got a 700hp v12, is still using the stupid ptu front drive gearbox hanging off the front of the engine that first came out on the FF, and apparently some trick new suspension that does away with anti-roll bars. It's bonkers and dumb as gently caress. And that's cool imo. But by trying to score points about it looking like a much cheaper car, are you laughing at the car or the ppl who have bought one? Cuz the former is lame. I'm fine with the latter

I also don't care that I'll never be able to afford one. Ferrari ownership is not something I aspire to

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

To be fair, there is lots of stuff in this world is cool and awesome that I'll never be able to personally afford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

You heard it here first, laughing at ugly cars is lame

You gonna defend the crosscabrio next?