Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mind_Taker posted:

gently caress I really am turning into a 80s Islanders fan

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I was on bud light limes.

I don’t even remember 2018.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

2018 owned. Here’s my favorite part that didn’t involve hoisting a Stanley Cup.

https://youtu.be/D2kOzu4sskc

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mind_Taker posted:

Kiss the 2018 ring bitch

gently caress I really am turning into a 1994 rangers fan

You think that's bad, wait'll you see Wonderllama in about 5 years

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cartoon Man posted:

2018 owned. Here’s my favorite part that didn’t involve hoisting a Stanley Cup.

https://youtu.be/D2kOzu4sskc

I remember those years (months? weeks?) when Kuzy was good.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Put him with Carlson since Carlson also needs butter-soft minutes and keep Fehervary and Jensen together. They're doing fine.

Who is the responsible one in that pair? Whatever, I guess wins don't really matter.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Chad Sexington posted:

I remember those years (months? weeks?) when Kuzy was good.

I think that duration of time is referred to as a “gear cycle”

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

My favorite part of 2018 was hearing the life get sucked out of Amalie Arena in Game 7 after Wilson decked Kunitz and Ovie socked a dinger.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Mind_Taker posted:

My favorite part of 2018 was hearing the life get sucked out of Amalie Arena in Game 7 after Wilson decked Kunitz and Ovie socked a dinger.

I somehow completely forgot Chris Kunitz was ever on the Lightning.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
My favorite part of a cup run is well…haha, there is so many. More than one. One cup that is. What I’m saying is the lightning have more than one cup and it’s hard to pick out just one cool thing.

Your story is good too though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

My favorite part of a cup run is well…haha, there is so many. More than one. One cup that is. What I’m saying is the lightning have more than one cup and it’s hard to pick out just one cool thing.

Covid cups don’t count.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens/Rangers is a pretty wild rivalry right now. It's too bad a playoff series isn't likely because I want to avenge last year.

But the Pens are gonna get destroyed by the Bruins or Canes and I'm not very confident the Rangers would beat the Devils either.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1635038373890121728?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Good lord, suicide pass

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah that pass was a terrible idea poorly executed. Far as I can see from that replay it looks like a good hit to me.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Imagine bragging about one actual Cup and two Covid Cups.

Just imagine.

Imagine

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Furnaceface posted:

Imagine bragging about one actual Cup and two Covid Cups.

Just imagine.

Imagine

It’s what happens when your team is busy being the best in the league and busting on chumps and im sorry yalls just arent as cool + handsome as me tbh

Consider yourself the victim of a smugging.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

That smugging could be dangerous if swung in the wrong direction you know.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

It’s what happens when your team is busy being the best in the league and busting on chumps and im sorry yalls just arent as cool + handsome as me tbh

Consider yourself the victim of a smugging.

Best in the league? Your team lost in 6 and your goalie threw a tantrum in the hall

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

The points aren’t going to continue at this rate but all of the stats people love Sandin and I really don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’ll be a good first pairing defenseman for years to come.

Lmao ok

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

fermun posted:

Best in the league? Your team lost in 6 and your goalie threw a tantrum in the hall

Hahah. Good one. Good post. You win this round against us funhavers posting fun things that are interesting to read.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

Hahah. Good one. Good post. You win this round against us funhavers posting fun things that are interesting to read.

Thanks, my team is best in the league, and that's fun.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

fermun posted:

Thanks, my team is best in the league, and that's fun.

I thought we gave the west their own thread? Like a western conference/AHL/ECHL thread? Post in that one. Go on now. You get.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh YEAH well MY favorite cup memory from MY team is that time Michael Leighton let in the biggest wet fart of a series-losing goal in history and crushed all my hockey happiness, you fucker

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Canes were better in the second but we'll take 3-0.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Something my kids already have circled on the calendar!

Gonna have some fun with it since there's no escaping it.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Pungry posted:

I somehow completely forgot Chris Kunitz was ever on the Lightning.

Blackhawks, too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean there's no parade for silver medals but the Stars getting to the Finals, even if it was for a covid cup, was a ride I will never forget. I melted down when they beat Vegas.:qq:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You guys got 50 wins yet?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Matt Zerella posted:

We’re we watching the same game? I thought it was pretty even and both teams played well.

My bad, it was like 50/63 minutes so we’ll call that closer to 83%. Both goalies were incredibly good, I really wish UPL couldn’t gotten the W there.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Getting the undisputed top seed is important, that first round bye makes a huge difference.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Something I never did until recently as a long time casual fan/recent “I’m watching hockey instead of basketball tonight” level fan was listening to hockey on the radio. I thought the idea was dumb. It’s too fast and intricate! No way it’s even an acceptable radio sport. Who could possibly pull it off? So about a week ago I took the plunge. I hit the vape. I got naked. I stepped into the shower. Dave Mishkin came with me and took me on a god drat beautiful journey. I couldn’t believe how well he could weave the narrative of the game while keeping me succinctly up to speed with everything happening. It’s absolutely incredible listening to him do his thing. Always nice when you’re proven wrong in a way that makes you appreciate a new aspect of something you’re already a fan of.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

I thought we gave the west their own thread? Like a western conference/AHL/ECHL thread? Post in that one. Go on now. You get.

We were going to but some loser East team lost the SCF so they get to stick around here.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Something I never did until recently as a long time casual fan/recent “I’m watching hockey instead of basketball tonight” level fan was listening to hockey on the radio. I thought the idea was dumb. It’s too fast and intricate! No way it’s even an acceptable radio sport. Who could possibly pull it off? So about a week ago I took the plunge. I hit the vape. I got naked. I stepped into the shower. Dave Mishkin came with me and took me on a god drat beautiful journey. I couldn’t believe how well he could weave the narrative of the game while keeping me succinctly up to speed with everything happening. It’s absolutely incredible listening to him do his thing. Always nice when you’re proven wrong in a way that makes you appreciate a new aspect of something you’re already a fan of.

I used to turn the volume way down while watching Pens games on TV and put on Mike Lange's radio broadcast instead. It was usually off sync by a second or so but still worth it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Every time Pierre came on TV I muted it and listened to literally anything else.

Gotta thank Ottawa for taking that bullet for us and getting him out of broadcasting, even if it only lasted a short while.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
tied for first.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

:agreed: I listen to games at work all the time, it's great.

Certain crews have their own chemistry, it's fun to bounce around.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Coolest Devils team since 2000

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I used to stream the Avs radio broadcast when I could only watch on TV because of NHL.tv subscription blocking out the Avs at Sharks games, just watch the game on mute and listen to the radio stream. They did a great job, such that I could follow the flow of the game even when I would step away from the TV.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

One day

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

At least we’re not Toronto.