Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
phew cavs goddamn knock that poo poo off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

It's gotta be Laker Lebron though, which is still probably worth having in there.

Laker LeBron is still more useful to that team than Kobe

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

big boi posted:

Is there a ban on NYPost links or something? Why all the views and no news after two pages? The photo they obtained is going to live forever

https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/inside-ja-morants-50k-gun-toting-booty-bender-at-strip-club

Lmao Ja hanging out in a room covered in money basically all by himself minus staff is kinda sad/funny.

He would seem 100x cooler if they instead were reporting that they found him LARPing in the woods

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Telluric Whistler posted:

Lmao Ja hanging out in a room covered in money basically all by himself minus staff is kinda sad/funny.

He would seem 100x cooler if they instead were reporting that they found him LARPing in the woods

Ja and his crew just need to start a D&D campaign. Or maybe he can request a clan invite from Luka.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

qbert posted:

Ja and his crew just need to start a D&D campaign. Or maybe he can request a clan invite from Luka.

Feels like an NBA player who joins a DND podcast would clean up but maybe I'm biased as a something awful posting basketball nerd

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

big boi posted:

Is there a ban on NYPost links or something? Why all the views and no news after two pages? The photo they obtained is going to live forever

https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/inside-ja-morants-50k-gun-toting-booty-bender-at-strip-club

The Russian(probably) guys watching quietly is my favorite aspect.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

indigi posted:

could Johnson play good defense against bigs?

Yes. He won Finals MVP as a rookie while being the starting center since Kareem was out injured.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Lockback posted:

The Russian(probably) guys watching quietly is my favorite aspect.

There’s some sort of doll(?) on the couch directly across from Ja and his friend and it’s waving and it might be a nun?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm genuinely not sure what's going on between MPJ and the coaching staff. I thought he was playing amazing in today's game (23 points on 12 shots, 4 assists, 3 ORB, +6 in 22:45!) but he got pulled for... reasons...? until the last twenty seconds of the game. Watching him I was even thinking "drat, after the game I'm gonna have to write something up about how good he's been." He wasn't just catch and shoot, he was making aggressive drives to the basket including a great dunk. Then he gets pulled for reasons I did not see (maybe something on defense but I thought he looked good, but I'm not a professional coach) and poo poo-talks the coaches after the game:

https://twitter.com/VBenedetto/status/1635045531092398082

not great!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jaylin Williams in 35 games has drawn 27 charges lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Jaylin Williams in 35 games has drawn 27 charges lol

Ersan Ilyasova 2.0

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ersan Ilyasova 2.0

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

classic thibs

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1635127888134692864?s=20

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Dejan Bimble posted:

Memphis Grizzlies All-Star point guard Ja Morant dribbled and drooled over a stripper at the same Denver-area jiggle joint where he blew $50,000 in tips — and flashed a gun 48 hours later — shocking photos obtained by The Post and insiders reveal.
Source: Matthew Sedacca @ New York Post

I said 60k. I'm proud of myself for being able to guess that at a distance
You straight up Rain-Man'd it like in that Key and Peele sketch.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

KurdtLives posted:

You straight up Rain-Man'd it like in that Key and Peele sketch.

When your gf brings the cash home in the crown royal bags and plops it down on the floor eventually you get a sense for it. It’s funny how that works. Honestly she has autism so maybe she could have called the exact amount

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sometimes high floor prospects get you Keegan Murray. Sometimes it gets you Thomas Robinson.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Sometimes high floor prospects get you Keegan Murray. Sometimes it gets you Thomas Robinson.

Sometimes you get Jalen Suggs, sometimes you get Markelle Fultz, sometimes you get Davion Mitchell, sometimes you get Lebron James, Karl Towns, Anthony Davis etc

Lesson, first overall picks with high floors are a better bet than 2nd-8th

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
lmao the Knicks and Kings both have 40 wins but one is 2nd while the other is barely 6th.

This is definitely not the year to tout out top x team in the conference.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tae posted:

lmao the Knicks and Kings both have 40 wins but one is 2nd while the other is barely 6th.

This is definitely not the year to tout out top x team in the conference.

Simultaneously, Jokic being top in the conference is very important and cements his legacy as GOAT.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1635292461743628289

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Min game played isn't changing much. True stars have the awards already or the fame and don't care.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder what the thresholds will be for things like MVP or DPOY. It’s already kind of assumed that you have to play 55-65 games to be in consideration

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Kawhi punching the air right now.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Simultaneously, Jokic being top in the conference is very important and cements his legacy as GOAT.

I suggest using Reddit if you're going to cry about Redditor arguments

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder what the thresholds will be for things like MVP or DPOY. It’s already kind of assumed that you have to play 55-65 games to be in consideration

This probably doesn’t change how people vote for things like mvp or DPOY, but probably will matter for all nba

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Which really is only meaningfully going to impact the contract milestones people are getting, and I kinda get it I guess but seems like a pointless L for the players unless they’re having the league make some other concessions

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

What's the lowest number that doesn't sound insane? 50? That's basically 2/3rds of the season.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1635309765558681606

As a celtics fan, I can't believe their stats sometimes. Cavs are frustratingly good. 76ers would be the best team in the conference, except they are in the east.

temple fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 13, 2023

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

What's the lowest number that doesn't sound insane? 50? That's basically 2/3rds of the season.

It's the highest number.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

big boi posted:

I suggest using Reddit if you're going to cry about Redditor arguments

Ah yes, anything I don’t like=Reddit

Classic SA

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vinestalk posted:

It's the highest number.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

temple posted:

As a celtics fan, I can't believe their stats sometimes. Cavs are frustratingly good. 76ers would be the best team in the conference, except they are in the east.

I also don't believe the Celtics numbers.

Cavs bitch

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

i am a moron posted:

Which really is only meaningfully going to impact the contract milestones people are getting, and I kinda get it I guess but seems like a pointless L for the players unless they’re having the league make some other concessions

Why is it a L for players? They are still getting the same number of awards, it's just going to the players who play instead of the ones who don't (in theory, in practice I don't think it'll actually mean anything, who gets all-NBA when playing 40 games?)

Latest scuttle from a lot of players is load management is coming from coaching staff as much or more than its coming from players. I think thats why both sides are alligned at wanting to set something up. Players as they'd like to be able to push back if they want against being told to sit, and from the ownership it's a tragedy of the commons kind of thing.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 13, 2023

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Classic SA

Well, when you are parroting an argument that isn't being used here in the SAS thread of SA...

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Lockback posted:

Why is it a L for players? They are still getting the same number of awards, it's just going to the players who play instead of the ones who don't (in theory, in practice I don't think it'll actually mean anything, who gets all-NBA when playing 40 games?)

If the people who have ‘get x amount of money for being all nba’ in their contract go from having no conditions on their eligibility to some conditions, even if they’re totally reasonable, it seems like an L to me. :shrug:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

i am a moron posted:

If the people who have ‘get x amount of money for being all nba’ in their contract go from having no conditions on their eligibility to some conditions, even if they’re totally reasonable, it seems like an L to me. :shrug:

But the awards are still being given out. You can just as easily have a situation where someone MISSES the award because someone got it without playing the # of games, this rule would then benefit them. It's not like they'll say "No 3rd team all-nba this year because so and so didn't play enough games".

Additionally, the money pool is shared. So someone getting a higher bump in their contract comes out of everyone else's contract.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

philly fans are obsessed with jokic and want to kiss him on his greasy euro lips

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

temple posted:

That clip of Jayson Tatum mic'd up saying whenever he gets a haircut he's top five

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Classic SA

Just admit you made up an argument to get mad at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Declan MacManus posted:

philly fans are obsessed with jokic and want to kiss him on his greasy euro lips

The subreddit is loving embarrassing.

*jokes on me for reading it I guess.