Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Steve Yun posted:

Says the interior is in bad shape so assume you’re reupholstering/furnishing everything everywhere all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bDZ35ZMs0

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lol i never seen a sag trophy before, they gave him a little bulge

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I wonder if Ke Huy Quan will continue acting. He dropped out of acting because all the roles he was offered were dogshit. Now he's going to get a ton of offers for roles and most of them will be dog poo poo.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/spenceralthouse/status/1630045269952811010?s=46&t=HMoO9LDqnPJFc4hJ91PLvw

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

lol her dress is totally loving up that mic.

Also, great stuff. And this really seems like it's gonna be EEAAO's year. Which will make it hurt all the more when it doesn't win Best Picture.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 27, 2023

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I wonder if Ke Huy Quan will continue acting. He dropped out of acting because all the roles he was offered were dogshit. Now he's going to get a ton of offers for roles and most of them will be dog poo poo.

He's already done two Disney+ shows and a Russo Bros movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

thrawn527 posted:

Which will make it hurt all the more when it doesn't win Best Picture.

I feel like nearly sweeping the SAG awards means at least that the Oscars can't possibly shut them out. Like ok maybe it doesn't win Best Picture but maybe they get a supporting actress win and a original screenplay win, something like that. I'd love to see Yeoh win but all the momentum seems to be with Blanchette there.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I feel like nearly sweeping the SAG awards means at least that the Oscars can't possibly shut them out. Like ok maybe it doesn't win Best Picture but maybe they get a supporting actress win and a original screenplay win, something like that. I'd love to see Yeoh win but all the momentum seems to be with Blanchette there.

Quan has to be a lock.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/criterionchannl/status/1630256547820437504?s=46&t=xJ8OnJA4kdjMeoM_jAiEyQ

Nice, a bunch of Yeoh movies I haven’t seen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Basebf555 posted:

Is there a reason you think Blanchett has the momentum? I feel like Yeoh's been winning everything I've been paying attention to, including the linked above SAG win from just last night.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 27, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blanchett had the better performance, she's been a lock since TÁR released. She's won the Golden Globe the Critics choice and BAFTA for it already, and some of those are races where EEAAO swept everything but Best Actress. It's unfortunate for Yeoh but she turned in an Oscar worthy performance that's likely going to get flattened by the legendary performance of Blanchett.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Someone tweeted that Criterion was putting out a disc of Heroic Trio and every month I hope it's going to get announced. It's not a Good movie but it is completely insane.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gaius Marius posted:

Blanchett had the better performance, she's been a lock since TÁR released.

I mean, fair enough, but this has nothing to do with "momentum", which is what I was responding to.

Gaius Marius posted:

She's won the Golden Globe

Right, I always forget the Golden Globes give out different awards for drama and "comedy". But Yeoh also won the Golden Globe, it was just for, you know, "comedy".

Gaius Marius posted:

the Critics choice and BAFTA for it already, and some of those are races where EEAAO swept everything but Best Actress. It's unfortunate for Yeoh but she turned in an Oscar worthy performance that's likely going to get flattened by the legendary performance of Blanchett.

These are fair points.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

RichterIX posted:

Someone tweeted that Criterion was putting out a disc of Heroic Trio and every month I hope it's going to get announced. It's not a Good movie but it is completely insane.

I remember seeing The Heroic Trio on the Sci-Fi Channel back in the late 90's & loved how weird it was.

Now I need that Criterion Collection release l…

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mark Wahlberg presenting the award for best cast, which went to EEAAO

Someone in charge is either
A) very dumb
b) wanted to give Mark a chance to rehab his image, or
C) very devious and wanted to see Mark sweat a little

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
He hates the Vietnamese so he's fine with it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Final auction prices:

Butt plug $60,000
Racacoonie $90,000
RV $11,000
Hot dog fingers $55,000

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Steve Yun posted:

Final auction prices:

Butt plug $60,000
Racacoonie $90,000
RV $11,000
Hot dog fingers $55,000

Someone good with the economics help me budget this, my family is dying.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thrawn527 posted:

And this really seems like it's gonna be EEAAO's year. Which will make it hurt all the more when it doesn't win Best Picture.

do you uh, know how precursors work

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Has any movie ever won the main PGA, DGA and SAG awards and not won Best Picture?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

live with fruit posted:

Has any movie ever won the main PGA, DGA and SAG awards and not won Best Picture?

Once: Apollo 13. The other movies to win all three are American Beauty, Chicago, Return of the King, No Country for Old Men, Slumdog Millionaire, The King's Speech, Argo and Birdman.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

R. Guyovich posted:

do you uh, know how precursors work

Yeah, I just rarely care who wins this much, so I’m assuming I’ll be disappointed.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Oscar spoilers

ke huy quan and Jamie lee just won!!!! amazing, I thought no way they'd win!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

a real king

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Queen

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I take back my hope it didn’t win. I’m glad it won movie kicks rear end gently caress everyone

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Fuckin killed at the oscars tonight.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yep. Party in here. Movie dominated and deserved to do so.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
very much deserved awards, might be the first time i'm happy about seeing a movie get awards

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

They just all seemed so overjoyed every time someone on the film won awards.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

checkplease fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 13, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Frantically mailing the Daniels my spec scripts for Everything Everywhere Once And Again and Everything Everywhere Once And For All

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Everything everywhere all at twice

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am so, so, so incredibly happy that this film won all the Oscars it did.
Great news to wake up to and seeing the acceptance speeches just slew me. :)

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
2verything 2verywhere

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Neverything Neverwhere Not at Nonce

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Aw jeez. Aw man. This did something for me. Congratulations, Ke!

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
https://youtu.be/AQJ52Ddsfso

Yeah, this is pretty lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Great film that deserved a ton of awards, but I'm a bit sad that Banshees of Inisherin was nominated for eight and didn't win a single one.