Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gaspy Conana posted:

y'all missed out if you didn't watch the trailer imo

https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1634321962863407106

*Freddie Mercury voice*
And all I see is
Mario Goatse
Mario woo hoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There's a ring right in the center man. I'm not sure what the symbol is supposed to invoke...either two hands gripping a steering wheel, or two hands holding a tablet, or a man stretching his butthole out?

it's two hands holding a Wii U tablet with an image of goatse on it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's a Switch without JoyCons (because they were sent in to fix the drift).

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its a sneak peak at the super switch which is also a mans stretched rear end

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pretty telling that goons would focus on the ring no ring or the middle of the abyss, but check the orientation of the thumbs.

Target fixation like that will see you drive straight into a piranha plant or banana peel.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I noticed the wrong thumb orientation from the get go.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Fangz posted:

The violent ending is canon anyway.

That feels really weird given how the game frames the actions to achieve each ending, but oh well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One nice thing I've found about the SNES and NES NSO controllers; They're well-suited to playing GBA and GB games too :allears:.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bayonetta Cereza and the Lost Demon demo was really good. I'm definitely getting it.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Captain Falcon be DLC in the future, we already have the Blue Falcon and two F-Zero courses

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RillAkBea posted:

I finished Metro 2033 Redux and for the 5 bucks I paid that was a pretty cool experience of a game and it ran excellent on the Switch. Unfortunately I got the violent ending though because I *checks notes* killed too many nazis? Yikes, I don't think that's what you were going for game but crikey, you sure did put in a lot of pacifist points earned by hearing nazis out. :eyepop:

I have this in my backlog, and whenever people talk good about a game in my backlog, I move it up a slot

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

RillAkBea posted:

I finished Metro 2033 Redux and for the 5 bucks I paid that was a pretty cool experience of a game and it ran excellent on the Switch. Unfortunately I got the violent ending though because I *checks notes* killed too many nazis? Yikes, I don't think that's what you were going for game but crikey, you sure did put in a lot of pacifist points earned by hearing nazis out. :eyepop:

Anyone know if the Metro books are worth a read?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They’re bad

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Back to Worlds of Power, I guess

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Read Roadside Picnic, the inspiration for Stalker, instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked the books but read Roadside Picnic anyway

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Yeah I liked Roadside Picnic a lot!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Anyone know if the Metro books are worth a read?

they are baaaaad bad, worse than fanfic since fanfic authors seeking to publish tend to have a friend on editor duty correcting basic errors

cum jabbar posted:

correct! I keep my copy in the kitchen with my cookbooks :)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

cum jabbar posted:

STALKER the film is on HBO Max in the States. Legitimately one of the best shot movies I have ever seen. I watched in a college film class many many years and and revisited last fall and it's just amazing.

And yeah every should read Roadside Picnic. Not the same as the game but similar.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Tarkovsky's other films also look amazing. Unparalleled genius of cinema. Too bad Chris Pratt isn't in any of them though

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

cum jabbar posted:

Tarkovsky's other films also look amazing. Unparalleled genius of cinema. Too bad Chris Pratt isn't in any of them though
That a sly way of hoping something bad happened to Pratt?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Star posted:

I bought it a couple of days ago and been having a blast. Some load times are a bit long but nothing that’s not manageable.

Yeah I'm having a great time getting back to it but mine randomly hiccups pretty frequently especially with flashy enemies or lots of elemental effects on screen. Annoying for sure but not a deal breaker

If the load times are getting increasingly longer, I usually restart the app and that seems to help a bit

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Scholtz posted:

If you like Link to the Past and Mario Kart, you should check out Donkey Kong 64

Loved Link to the Past :) Got Twilight princess, then Breath of the Wild still to come this year.

Will play DK64 at some point but I think due to my flailing around in Banjo Kazooie that it has been requested to see more of my depth perception problems and more laughing at my magooing through things. I probably will also play Banjo Tooie first but I have not decided as I have Metroid Prime Remastered and Chronotrigger to take on way before them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Loved Link to the Past :) Got Twilight princess, then Breath of the Wild still to come this year.

Will play DK64 at some point but I think due to my flailing around in Banjo Kazooie that it has been requested to see more of my depth perception problems and more laughing at my magooing through things. I probably will also play Banjo Tooie first but I have not decided as I have Metroid Prime Remastered and Chronotrigger to take on way before them.

As someone who really loved Banjo Tooie as a kid and never played the first one, I replayed them both years later, loved Kazooie and found Tooie so boring I couldn't finish it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I still love Tooie but apparently that’s an unpopular opinion

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Augus posted:

I honestly wasn't expecting to dislike it on replay as much as I did, especially after loving properly playing Kazooie for the first time - thought it would just be like that but with slightly worse level design. It genuinely made me a bit sad lol

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I honestly wasn't expecting to dislike it on replay as much as I did, especially after loving properly playing Kazooie for the first time - thought it would just be like that but with slightly worse level design. It genuinely made me a bit sad lol

I had a similar experience when I replayed both on Rare Replay - Kazooie was great, tightly designed and enjoyable throughout, whereas Tooie felt like an unnecessarily bloated slog, full of all the worst excesses of that era’s mindset for sequels (bigger + more stuff = better)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Banjo Kazooie has been a real highlight of the year, I gotta agree.

The music whips, the levels are great (Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Woods being my faves) and it controls really decently.

I do hope I have fun with Tooie, though.

I am still kind of chasing the high of battling a personal demon from last year where I played SM64 and at the urging of stream chat went for all 120 stars and was successful. Me and jumping in the third dimension does not go well and I though it beyond me. I am so happy and so proud of doing all 120, even the wingcap level that nearly destroyed me, that I want to work my way through all the big name Nintendo mostly 3D platformers.

I am tackling Super Mario Sunshine (from the 3D all stars package) in a few games time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

I love it but I also haven't revisited it in ages. I want them to put it on the NSO so bad.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I replayed BK making a bunch of maps for it this winter. I had never played BT, was definitely surprised how it was considered mixed reception and not just more of the same, like I assumed. Hard to tell if it's worth a play or not?

https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1622577729123000320

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

On a similar note, I got all the collectables on Banjo Kazooie 3: Legallie Distinctie Yooka Laylee and very almost completed it but the last boss is just ugh. Overall, a decent game for the genre but it can't quite hide the fact it's a kickstarter game. It definitely feels like it was made with a somewhat inconsistent cashflow/workflow and slightly too many 'rewards' and goals to fill. The "retro" stages were particularly painful.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Electromax posted:

I replayed BK making a bunch of maps for it this winter. I had never played BT, was definitely surprised how it was considered mixed reception and not just more of the same, like I assumed. Hard to tell if it's worth a play or not?

https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1622577729123000320

I'm torn between recommending it because I really want to see what those loving mess maps will look like, and warning you off because your twitter is cool and it may make you swear off the entire project

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RillAkBea posted:

Banjo Kazooie 3: Legallie Distinctie

Nuts & Bolts exists, drat it! :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm torn between recommending it because I really want to see what those loving mess maps will look like, and warning you off because your twitter is cool and it may make you swear off the entire project

this is a really big overstatement. the old strategy guide I used to own had maps of each level, they’re not that convoluted. Grunts Industries is the only one that’s really at all confusing.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I liked Banjo Kazooie a lot but I got frustrated at climbing the tree over and over in Click Clock Wood and moved on to something else. Namaste.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It was one of the formative games for me where I was massively hyped going into it, and gradually build up more and more cognitive dissonance as I gradually realised it wasn't good. I think the straw that broke the camels back was going through a train tunnel joining up levels and it dawning on me that it was just more pointless travel time. Still played it to completion, but I can't see going back to it like I could Banjo 1.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Augus posted:

this is a really big overstatement. the old strategy guide I used to own had maps of each level, they’re not that convoluted. Grunts Industries is the only one that’s really at all confusing.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
There's definitely times where it feels like Tooie bit off more than it can chew but it's still a good game imo, just don't go into it expecting it to be as good as Kazooie b/c it's not

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I liked Banjo Kazooie a lot but I got frustrated at climbing the tree over and over in Click Clock Wood and moved on to something else. Namaste.

I made it to the final boss, and gave up at around 20 attempts. Game was alright up to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's right.