Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Large Testicles posted:

everything everywhere all at once won huge tonight. Michelle Yeoh won best actress, Jamie Lee Curtis won her first oscar for best supporting actress and Ke Huy Quan (known originally for being Data in Goonies and Short Round in Indiana Jones) won best supporting actor. it also won best picture and like 3 technical awards. it's a huge thing for all my Asian friends tonight and the movie loving rules in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

everything everywhere all at once won huge tonight. Michelle Yeoh won best actress, Jamie Lee Curtis won her first oscar for best supporting actress and Ke Huy Quan (known originally for being Data in Goonies and Short Round in Indiana Jones) won best supporting actor. it also won best picture and like 3 technical awards. it's a huge thing for all my Asian friends tonight and the movie loving rules in general.

awesome!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

both leads from the mummy now have oscars

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
also, i just upgraded to a 4k monitor. i'm now noticing the green background here is pixilated. wtf?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

also they cut off the two asian women from speaking but let the old british men speak forever

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

seriously, look at this poo poo zoomed in, it looks like loving garbage on a high res monitor. you would never notice until you're at this resolution though

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Large Testicles posted:

seriously, look at this poo poo zoomed in, it looks like loving garbage on a high res monitor
is your monitors brightness set to zero?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I love that EEAAO won big and everyone involved super deserves it but I’m still salty that Nope got completely snubbed

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

FMguru posted:

is your monitors brightness set to zero?

you son of a bitch

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Large Testicles posted:

seriously, look at this poo poo zoomed in, it looks like loving garbage on a high res monitor. you would never notice until you're at this resolution though

i had no idea what you were talking about because i had "highlight posts you've seen in a different color" turned off but it looks fine to me?

check your zoom settings i guess. i usually use 85%, but the pattern doesn't change for me at 100% either

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Beeftweeter posted:

i had no idea what you were talking about because i had "highlight posts you've seen in a different color" turned off but it looks fine to me?

check your zoom settings i guess. i usually use 85%, but the pattern doesn't change for me at 100% either

aaaah it looks even worse in your screen shot. now there are vertical lines running up and down in addition to the pixelation i'm seeing. i'm at 100% zoom so no oddities there. nm, turns out it was at 125% so it was an artifact. looks fine now at 100%. your screen shot still looks all hosed up to me tho on your monitor's part

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 13, 2023

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I love that EEAAO won big and everyone involved super deserves it but I’m still salty that Nope got completely snubbed

i did not really enjoy Nope. it was fine i guess but certainly not memorable enough to get an oscar (as if they mean something)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol yeah on closer inspection i don't think it's tiled correctly. at the zoom level i'm using it looks fine, but that's almost native res on a 13" 4k laptop. it looks the same on my ipad but if i pinch zoom in i can see the vertical lines you're talking about

(yes i love eyestrain)

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Beeftweeter posted:

lol yeah on closer inspection i don't think it's tiled correctly. at the zoom level i'm using it looks fine, but that's almost native res on a 13" 4k laptop. it looks the same on my ipad but if i pinch zoom in i can see the vertical lines you're talking about

(yes i love eyestrain)

yeah, alls i'm getting at is it's not a solid green background, there's other tiny poo poo in there and it makes my eyes hurt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Large Testicles posted:

Brendan Frasier also won best actor which is an amazing comeback from what he had to deal with. The movie is obviously really good too.

lol it’s fraser not frasier

but that’s funny

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

echinopsis posted:

lol it’s fraser not frasier

but that’s funny

damnit, i felt like i spelt it wrong when i typed it too

e: also how is it funny? he was blacklisted for complaining about sexual harassment

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Large Testicles posted:

e: also how is it funny? he was blacklisted for complaining about sexual harassment

I think he is imagining Frasier starring Brendan Fraser.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roblox HD lookin god

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Large Testicles posted:

idk man I just imagined two things that don't seem like they'd go together going togeter

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

hell yeah snow white desing language

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ladies

https://i.imgur.com/2UCuONV.mp4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

also Sarah Polley :canada: :toot:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Large Testicles posted:

Most likely caused by your DPI settings, especially if you're at some step other than 100% or 200%

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I run all my screens at 100% dpi and it just does that with the background at certain browser zoom settings.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"browser zoomers," she said, "disgusting creatures."

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

encino man now stars two academy award winners, i hope whoever owns that movie has updated the artwork for it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Large Testicles posted:

by technical awards you mean best screenplay, best directing and best editing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

wait that’s what happened? I thought after the mummy he called it a career or something

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Large Testicles posted:

Degauss your monitor

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

wait that’s what happened? I thought after the mummy he called it a career or something

i was curious about this too so i looked at wiki. his personal life and health imploded, and he was on the hook for $600k year in alimony (plus like $300k in child support), then challenged that and failed. basically dude got hella depressed

he says he was sexually harassed by the guy running the hollywood foreign press association but also says he doesn't think they wield enough power to actually make him persona non grata

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
monday morning

https://twitter.com/weirdlilguys/status/1634931949646270464

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sapozhnik posted:

monday morning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Chris Knight posted:

"browser zoomers," she said, "disgusting creatures."

I avoid them whenever I can

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haveblue posted:

late to goon encounter chat but I’ve probably passed someone ITT on the street without either of us realizing it

someone in here once posted something incredibly specific and i was like uh do you work where i work and on a big campus across and dozens and dozens and dozens of buildings they were one floor above me lol

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

edit: Iconfactory has an archive of s bunch of their stuff https://freeware.iconfactory.com/icons

man this brings back memories. talos was very talented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007