Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Got it, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just watched my kids finally beat Mordegon by simply putting everyone on Show No Mercy and putting down the controller

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This act 3 stuff they're doing now seems pretty wild, I think I have to play it

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am playing Dragon Quest 2 on the Nintendo Switch. Named the party after myself and two of my actual cousins, as is good and right. This time I'm going to finish it.

...but is it art?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I like spotting new enemies on the overworld and guessing what the pun will be. I'm on the DQ train :lfgoo:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I like when monsters join you in Dragon Quest 5 and they're named like Duncan or Tom.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Some random slime knight named Goodian has managed to basically keep up with my main character for most of the game so far.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I made it to Rendarak. It's the home stretch!

...but is it art?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

P-Mack posted:

This act 3 stuff they're doing now seems pretty wild, I think I have to play it

Act 3 is weird because it’s by far the shortest in terms of actually plot except you basically have to double your level to successfully complete it so most of it is just you learning how to metal hunt

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I have slain Malroth.

...but is it art?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Act 3 is weird because it’s by far the shortest in terms of actually plot except you basically have to double your level to successfully complete it so most of it is just you learning how to metal hunt

I feel like it had the most side content and optional stuff though. I never really felt the need to grind, I just did it because I'm sick in the head and should be euthanised

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Slime Shady

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremebuff posted:

Slime Shady

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

Slime Shady

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Slime Shady

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Slime Shady

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Just found out that King Trode will get pissed at you if you don't open the battle data page for the first time until late in the game:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Just found out that King Trode will get pissed at you if you don't open the battle data page for the first time until late in the game:

lmao awesome

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol. DQ8 ftw

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Just started dragon quest builders 2. Holy cow it’s better than dragon quest builders in every way

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dragon Quest :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does dragon warrior monsters count, because i'm playing that

when i first played it as a child i didn't know it was a spinoff of a game series, so i was surprised that all the regular monsters like dragons and golems and zombies and stuff could eventually be bred into weird "???" horned dudes in robes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

when i first played it as a child i didn't know it was a spinoff of a game series, so i was surprised that all the regular monsters like dragons and golems and zombies and stuff could eventually be bred into weird "???" horned dudes in robes

That game absolutely confused the gently caress out of me as a kid lol, the only RPGs I'd played were Quest 64 and Pokemon and I had no idea what Dragon Warrior/Quest was, so I just had to grapple with this weird rat frenzy version of Pokemon

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah it rules. the remake of 2 on the 3ds is incredible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

yeah it rules. the remake of 2 on the 3ds is incredible

Oh poo poo I didn't know about this. Someone pick it for game club please

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol wasn't this a flying thing that drops an egg once then just shits on you for the rest of the game

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah you rescue the monster farm guy from being thrown in prison by beating up and enslaving Lumpy the Cook's avatar

the monster farm guy then says "if you stand under that flying dragon something good will happen!" and it lays an egg on you then shits on you

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Just started dragon quest builders 2. Holy cow it’s better than dragon quest builders in every way

DQB2 is so good. lost my switch for a few months when the wife discovered you could ride cats and farm lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

right arm posted:

DQB2 is so good. lost my switch for a few months when the wife discovered you could ride cats and farm lol

I had to pause halfway through the first island because I had to go to work and this post has me so loving hype to get home