Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Gordon Brown being caught on a hot mic calling some old Anglo lady a "bigoted women" because she told him that there were too many Polish people in Britain. iirc despite the media making a scandal out of this the seat where it happened was one of the few seats where Labor's vote actually increased in 2010.

Brown was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

MikeCrotch posted:

Brown was right

He was. The funny part is that the media acted like he was wrong to say it, whilst tiptoeing around the obvious fact that he was correct.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Did he apologize? Because if he did that was the actual mistake. The correct way forward was to double down.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Free speech zones

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Orange Devil posted:

Did he apologize? Because if he did that was the actual mistake. The correct way forward was to double down.

you goddamn know he did being a spineless centrist and all

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/apr/28/gordon-brown-penitent-bigot-gaffe-campaign

quote:

Asked by Forsyth what Duffy had said he replied: "Oh everything, she was just a sort of bigoted woman. She said she used to be Labour. I mean it's just ridiculous."

Brown was then played back his remarks on a live Radio 2 phone-in. He covered his face with his hands, and said he blamed himself. He apologised to Duffy on the phone, and was then going to hold a press conference in Manchester to apologise again, before agreeing to drive back to Rochdale and say sorry to her in person.

He met her in private in her front room, spending 40 minutes at her home before emerging declaring himself the "penitent sinner" and claiming he had been forgiven. The prime minister said: "If you like, I'm a penitent sinner. Sometimes you say things you don't mean to say, sometimes you say things by mistake and sometimes you say things you want to correct very quickly. So I wanted to come here and say that I made a mistake but to also to say I understood the concerns she was bringing to me and I simply misunderstood some of the words she used. I made my apology."

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The writer Ernest Hemingway was once challenged to write the saddest story that could be told in only six words. He thought for a time, then simply wrote

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

also all the people who were saying it is just George Bush that is evil and America is good have gone on to decide that George Bush is good too actually, now it is just Trump that is evil, or maybe Ron Desantis, watch this space

give it a couple years and let the libs get a new thing to be angry about and all big don will have to do will be do a little dance on ellen or something and they'll love him again

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

give it a couple years and let the libs get a new thing to be angry about and all big don will have to do will be do a little dance on ellen or something and they'll love him again

Once the next fascist takes centre stage (still don't think it will be Desantis, he doesn't have the juice) there will be a lot of "I may not agree with Trump about a lot but at least he didn't do [thing he totally did do] like the new fascist is doing"

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, going on Alex Jones and professing his deep love for Hitler while wearing a stocking over his head. And when his cohosts attempted to reframe his message, doubled down on that message.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

erosion posted:

Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, going on Alex Jones and professing his deep love for Hitler while wearing a stocking over his head. And when his cohosts attempted to reframe his message, doubled down on that message.

Kanye: Adidas CANT cancel me. Now what? Now what?

/Adidas cancels Kanye and two thirds of his net worth evaporates

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
A net and a bottle of yahoo

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Kitfox88 posted:

A net and a bottle of yahoo

still funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

erosion posted:

in my head, there is already a 30 Rock reboot where this exact same thing happened but it was Tracy Jordan

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Kanye would have never done werewolf bar mitzvah

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gently caress

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

holy gently caress i've never seen this before

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
And people say there are no upsides to cancer in the eyeball.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

people think goons are bad at song rhythm and poetic metre but this is way worse than all the bad goon rhymes I've seen

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
All the words rhyme, I don't see the problem.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

vyelkin posted:

people think goons are bad at song rhythm and poetic metre but this is way worse than all the bad goon rhymes I've seen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wtf

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

images that make you smell toast burning

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

reading these is making me stupider

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

vyelkin posted:

“I think it’s important to stress that this book’s purpose is not to teach our children political ideologies, rather it’s to teach them morals, and how to develop into a good person. Whether you are a Democrat who despises Trump, or a Republican who think’s he’s the best thing since bacon-wrapped bacon, this book will be entertaining, educational and most importantly, a tool for your child’s development,” Ed Krassenstein stated.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

“I think it’s important to stress that this book’s purpose is not to teach our children political ideologies, rather it’s to teach them morals, and how to develop into a good person. Whether you are a Democrat who despises Trump, or a Republican who think’s he’s the best thing since bacon-wrapped bacon, this book will be entertaining, educational and most importantly, a tool for your child’s development,” Ed Krassenstein stated.

:whitewater:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

HACKER
HACKER

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

what a dumb label, everyone knows MBS is the hacker hacker

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

vyelkin posted:

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZre8kEsuw

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Do work city

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
No bad no no

KORNOLOGY has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Mar 13, 2023

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
why does he have a small man living in his head?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Kitfox88 posted:

A net and a bottle of yoohoo

ftfy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

why does he have a small man living in his head?

I'm glad that you asked.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

remember Trump firing Bannon because he got mad at an SNL sketch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

remember Trump firing Bannon because he got mad at an SNL sketch

And Bannon's offramp being to start a posting academy/WOW gold farm in a castle in Italy?