Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

good morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

"It's A Beautiful Day Here in Roundhay Garden!"

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Cicadalek posted:

We're making history my dear, this is the first movie ever made!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I’m tuning into on cinema for the first time since the paywall. Was the accident addressed in the most recent season and Tim had a different excuse for it?

Tim was blaming Gregg for not having a roof on his van that Tim 'borrowed' and not properly maintaining it.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

"It's A Beautiful Day Here in Roundhay Garden!"

goddamn this is giving gregg poisoning everyone at tim's drunken wedding with car exhaust a run for its money as my favorite ending

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
In my mind the single most enduring part of the OCOS is the repeated physical endangerment of Mark. Him as the Living Oscar is permanently stuck in the dark recesses of my brain

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mark was really getting into playing Pinocchio too :unsmith:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I was hoping for coma 2

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Glad Mark can still count to 10 but I have very serious concerns about his wellbeing, especially with Babboons right around the corner.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kaili looked really loving good tonight

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

mutantIke posted:

In my mind the single most enduring part of the OCOS is the repeated physical endangerment of Mark. Him as the Living Oscar is permanently stuck in the dark recesses of my brain

oh poor Mark :3:

that elvis segment was wonderful. he truly is a master impersonator.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Kaili looked really loving good tonight

She’s off limits

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

19 o'clock posted:

oh poor Mark :3:

that elvis segment was wonderful. he truly is a master impersonator.

In os2 mark effortlessly did wc fields impersonating another person, without ever being asked, something he can no longer even grasp the concept of. Another talent robbed from him by oxygen deprivation.

FrancisFukyomama fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 13, 2023

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
it's awful. he serves as an amazing inspiration to us all. his spirit is indominable in the face of repeated extreme neglect and willful violence against his frail body.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The only miss was not having Toni call at some point imo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The mystery of who is G. Amato is something they have really let sit undeveloped for a long time. Mafia? Manuel's rich uncle? Grandfather of a desert sun 11 victim? Maybe he's poisoning Tim for some twisted revenge.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

The mystery of who is G. Amato is something they have really let sit undeveloped for a long time. Mafia? Manuel's rich uncle? Grandfather of a desert sun 11 victim? Maybe he's poisoning Tim for some twisted revenge.

The first time they made a point of calling him G. Amato I decided his first name was Greg, not Giovanni or anything. Before seeing how he acted during this oscar special, I thought he was just in it for the lithium but now I’m starting to believe he needs a replacement for Chris.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Yeah once the video popped up I thought that the special would end with G. Amato cutting ties with Tim but he seemed to be legitimately trying to comfort him at the end. I'm curious where they go with his character and I'm glad they seem to be giving him a bigger role. Maybe he's just a guy who really wants to see the Pep Boys Cinematic Universe happen.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love how baffled Gregg was by the Pep Boys surprise funding. Us too buddy

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Data Graham posted:

Pinocchio Through the Years was a Vic Berger joint

I think Vic has done montage stuff for the last 6 or 7 specials but this is one it was a bit more obvious than usual. god the last 45 minutes of that were insane, especially since up to that point it seemed like this was the first Oscar Special that wasn't trying to one-up the last one

every bit of this was very funny though. Kaili's insane Oscar Minute specials, G. Amato acting like a complete Awesome Show-type weirdo, the dancers walking over Gregg's tapes, all the trivia during the commercial breaks, Mark doing old Elvis...."I'm just trying to get some sleep!!"

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
oh not to mention the Cameos, the fact that they actually managed to find that dude from Lord of the Rings lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JAMOOOL posted:

oh not to mention the Cameos, the fact that they actually managed to find that dude from Lord of the Rings lmao

What a waste of $500. He should be ashamed of himself.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I loved Kaili's breakdown of Star Wars so much.

Her syncopation when speaking is so off, it's perfect.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Mar-vell"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I appreciated Ms. Amato's expert analysis on the great question of our cinematic era, "DCEU or MCU?", and I am quite excited for all the upcoming new and returning superheroes!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kaili was randomly in tears throughout the entire show and i couldnt tell if she was laughing or if she was actually moved by events she was seeing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's been said a lot, but the actual acting of the cast of this show is really great.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
There's some sort of reason I can't pug my finger on that they keep casting Italians just like Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul keeps casting Germans.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I was born in Tupelo, Mississippi

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Civilized Fishbot posted:

There's some sort of reason I can't pug my finger on that they keep casting Italians just like Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul keeps casting Germans.

Tim thinks Italian accents are funny (he's right)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
just got done watching, what a horror show

just perfect ending, tim knew exactly what was on that footage and was doing everything that gregg wanted, anything to prevent it being released, and the moment he had it back in his pocket he switched back to mob-boss tim

the pinnochio tribute was a nightmare, jesus, vic berger is a genius

was dying laughing every time they drew lotto numbers with that MAX VOLUME CLATTERING they must have had a mic right up against that thing, and TEN numbers from 1 to 99?? wtf tim has zero concept of math, the odds of anyone winning that are 0 unless he sold hundreds of trillions of tickets

the buildup to the big reveal was so good, like 10 minutes of everyone looking at their phones with jaws dropped and looks of horror on their faces. orchestrated just perfectly, man. i was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what was going on

and as many have said, absolute perfection at the end tim trying to explain himself with the pinnochio 'im lying' nose sticking out the whole time. this is art.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Thom and the Heads posted:

I was born in Tupelo, Mississippi

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I forgot they got our favorite hobbit to do a cameo lol

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

derp posted:

the buildup to the big reveal was so good, like 10 minutes of everyone looking at their phones with jaws dropped and looks of horror on their faces. orchestrated just perfectly, man. i was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what was going on

if you were following the live chat it was found in the Dropbox on Gregg's VFN site (in the "TRASH" folder lmao) about an hour prior which was a really fun moment because everyone in chat was freaking out just like the people on set were. it was reposted to Twitter soon after which I am guessing is how people "in universe" found it. I actually think that moment worked better if you knew exactly what they were watching

kinda fun seeing that Gregg is just as much a psychopath as Tim; the fact that he knew what was on this footage and held on to it (and only referred to it as "very interesting" the same way he does when he dubs random Pierce Brosnan movies as "unofficial Bond films") kinda puts the entire last season into a different light

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Did Gregg actually watch it or has he just been bluffing this whole time? He mentioned in the special that he couldn't get the video to work on his laptop which I took to mean he never actually watched it but knew Tim enough to be confident that he had somehow directly caused the crash and could still threaten him with the footage without knowing exactly what was on it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
oh come on, gregg knew, he orchestrated everything once tim started being a dick again.

proof: at the end, the shot of tim clutching his head in his hands, fade into this sinister profile of gregg

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The ominous Hitchcock silhouette of Gregg was def cracking me up

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

the Roundhay garden bit at the end killed me. just looping over the credits and Tim trying to explain himself. goddamn.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

the Roundhay garden bit at the end killed me. just looping over the credits and Tim trying to explain himself. goddamn.

so dark and creepy. tim crying begging for help and having a meltdown

"i don't want this. i don't want this."

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

derp posted:

was dying laughing every time they drew lotto numbers with that MAX VOLUME CLATTERING they must have had a mic right up against that thing, and TEN numbers from 1 to 99?? wtf tim has zero concept of math, the odds of anyone winning that are 0 unless he sold hundreds of trillions of tickets

In one of the draws there were two 15s