Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I watched his old rear end stream of the first 3 hours of The Last of Us Part 2 and there were some good comedy moments from our buddy, Tim.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1064232253313527849/1082111440342753382/Kooha-2023-03-05-20-23-27.webm
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1064232253313527849/1082111440011395202/Kooha-2023-03-05-20-23-51.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
new vid?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

yeah right

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every time someone asks where the new vid is Tim adds a day to the production schedule

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

History Comes Inside! posted:

Every time someone asks where the new vid is Tim adds a day to the production schedule

nay, a month

new vid???

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Remember when he actually made vids relatively consistently and had a plan to do seasons. HAHAHAHAHAHA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but those videos were only 2-3 hours long, like videos for some kind of idiot baby

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Dijkstracula posted:

I've been enjoying Noah Caldwell-Gervais's content while I wait for the LA Noire episode, it isn't as polished as Tim's stuff but it's thoughtful in a way that I appreciate

I've enjoyed listening to Noah talk about games I've never played before, but his Souls series really rubbed me the wrong way, especially not starting with Demon's Souls. He constantly refers to running themes and mechanics as originating in Dark Souls 1 when it's just obviously wrong. Made me reconsider how thorough his research might have been in previous videos when I didn't know any better.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
As just a viewer who doesn't give Tim any financial support, I'm pretty content with him coming out with one exceptionally lengthy, high-effort video once every nine months.

I am especially curious what his take on LA Noire is and why he's apparently so high on it, since my recollection is that it's kind of a mess. Maybe I remember this Kirk Hamilton review more than I actually remember the game itself.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 7, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My only exposure to L.A. Noire is that Not Now, Phelps! youtube video so no idea what Tim is gonna have to say about it

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ziasquinn posted:

I watched his old rear end stream of the first 3 hours of The Last of Us Part 2 and there were some good comedy moments from our buddy, Tim.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1064232253313527849/1082111440342753382/Kooha-2023-03-05-20-23-27.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zXzRTVxMw

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/GraceGFreud/status/1630997190633201664
extremely curious what Tim Rogers doing stand-up is like

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tim Rogers suddenly Eric Andre adjacent

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Deeply conflicted feelings upon hearing reports that tim is at it again

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Please just drop the next video, Tim. I'm famished for a HELLO.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
tim should have a tier on patreon where he calls you, personally, "Buddy"

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Next tier should be some anecdote where he talks about you in a video like you're a famous Japanese game director that he worked with years ago.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Somebody send him a link to sign-up for Cameo

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/GraceGFreud/status/1634321280903020552?s=20

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Tim’s opening being limited to 15 minutes is a crime. It should be 4 hours long and include a musical backing at minimum.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Warbird posted:

Tim’s opening being limited to 15 minutes is a crime. It should be 4 hours long and include a musical backing at minimum.

After the digressions about his childhood, time in Japan, and relationship with the Sony PlayStation, he’s gonna have about enough time for a third of a joke

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tim do the aristocrats

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
"What's the deal with Patreon?"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
“On June 6, 1997, I was served a shrimp scampi dinner on a United Airlines Flight to Tampa, Florida. I did NOT enjoy it.”

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
"I was sitting in seat 36C. Next to me was a man named Paul from New Jersey. He told me New Jersey is not as bad as people think. I told him I already knew this because I had been there on 13 times. The first time was when I was 6. That date was April 15, 1985. We only drove through on our way to New York. It was raining that day. The temperature was 56 degrees."

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tim do the aristocrats

what if tim's entire output for the past quarter century has been one long the aristocrats

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Tim controls his voice cracking like an aging cowboy firmly, but gently wrestling down a calf to be branded.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like Tim Rogers

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

what if tim's entire output for the past quarter century has been one long the aristocrats

the agent says, "nah, I don't do family acts", and the father replies, "buddy, take a look at the length of this video",

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I made a new friend the other day while wearing my bedtime island t-shirt.

They were yelling at me that you should not wear it outdoors.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dijkstracula posted:

the agent says, "nah, I don't do family acts", and the father replies, "buddy, take a look at the length of this video",

lmao

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
It just wouldn't be a good Tim routine if he doesn't call someone in the audience Jerry in a scathing manner

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm inside you, Jerry

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I'd feel nervous to see him do standup purely because I've been to enough open mics to know the last thing any comedian really wants is for people they know to show up (unless they're running the room) and be the only people in the room laughing.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Tim is good at being funny in front of a crowd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H67itWCG1JY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5g-F4ugUWg

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Imagine Tim getting heckled

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

oh poo poo, gerstmann on the new insert credit

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Dijkstracula posted:

oh poo poo, gerstmann on the new insert credit

Fun episode, good chemistry on the Jeff & Tim pair!
felt like a sicko at recognizing two stories that Jeff has already recently told on his own stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Skrill.exe posted:

Imagine Tim getting heckled

Tim is the kind of guy whose brain is perpetually heckling him far worse than anyone else could

Jerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I really hope a recording of Tim's standup pops up somewhere, I am so (morbidly???) curious what it's like