Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why would they crush Finnish things specifically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tarquinn posted:

Aren't they Finnish?

*swedishly*: for now

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

codo27 posted:

Surely you dont mean to suggest that anything like that exists on youtube? I mean okay, some of the cooking and baking stuff my wife watches is genuine, but then all the other poo poo she watches are just get-rich-quick schemers trying to milk as much as they can from youtube while putting out just absolute no effort, paint by numbers trash. If I have to see another video of rhett and link compare peanut butters or some poo poo I'm gonna give my TV the stone cold stunner

It's become awfully cluttered, yeah. I recently asked my daughter to list some signs of a crappy YouTube video that costs more attention than it gives you in enjoyment, just to check on her progress as a future media-savvy person.

My 10 y.o.'s (paraphrased) red flags for a poo poo video are:
  • Visible microphones
  • Neon lights/LCDs as background decor
  • Talking over crafting/creating which does not describe exactly what's happening
  • A video game being played but you can see the face of the person playing and/or a chat stream
  • A mention of liking and subscribing which contains a variation of '(aggressive verb) that like button'
  • Hosted by spouses
  • Creator's description of self as 'the channel'
  • "What's up guys" right out of the gate
  • Big white sans-serif text in the thumbnail

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

It's become awfully cluttered, yeah. I recently asked my daughter to list some signs of a crappy YouTube video that costs more attention than it gives you in enjoyment, just to check on her progress as a future media-savvy person.

• Visible microphones
  • Talking over crafting/creating which does not describe exactly what's happening
  • A video game being played but you can see the face of the person playing and/or a chat stream
  • A mention of liking and subscribing which contains a variation of '(aggressive verb) that like button'
  • Hosted by spouses

Perfect, no notes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

• Visible microphones
  • Hosted by spouses

Wise beyond her years

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Tarquinn posted:

Aren't they Finnish?

they’re just getting started

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Surprised I am the first to post this counter-curse

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
my wife removes the entire banana from the peel, discards the peel and holds the sticky part with her fingers while eating it. I recently learned that her entire family does this :psyduck:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Mauser posted:

my wife removes the entire banana from the peel, discards the peel and holds the sticky part with her fingers while eating it. I recently learned that her entire family does this :psyduck:

I often do this. I can discard the peel into the compost can in the kitchen and consume my banana in the living room without worrying about where to put the peel.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Yeah it’s not that uncommon

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Eat my bananas with a fork and knife on a plate like that episode of Seinfeld with the candy bars

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Forum full of 40 year olds hooting and slapping the ground, trying to understand how banana

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I was 19 when I first discovered that there are people out there who eat kiwis together with the skin. Just biting into them them like they are an onion. With zero hesitation or shame. I still haven't fully recovered from the shock.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Mauser posted:

GABA ghoul posted:

I was 19 when I first discovered that there are people out there who eat kiwis together with the skin. Just biting into them them like they are an onion. With zero hesitation or shame. I still haven't fully recovered from the shock.

After watching K-Pax, (a curse in it's own right now) I kinda got a hankering for eating a banana with the skin on. It's surprisingly not bad at all, and actually, if you bite into a banana from like, the midway point, with the skin still on, you do look fuckin' mad, but it's REALLY satisfying, and then you can just peel the rest open from there.

Like obviously the skin is super fibrous and a bit bitter, but, I dunno there's something kind of ... ahem... appealing about it all the same. I sometimes get eye twitches, and apparently that can be a lack of potassium. My armchair theory (that I'm too lazy and fragile to follow up) is that there's more potassium in the skin, so my craving for it was like my body telling me I needed the potassium, and it was all kind of self-medicating and sensible.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Absolutely, that makes perfect sense, he said while backing away slowly.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

There's nothing wrong with finding some extra girth appealing when shoving a banana in your mouth. No need to go out of your way to rationalise why.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 13, 2023

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Forum full of 40 year olds hooting and slapping the ground, trying to understand how banana

why banana

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Behold, the atheist's nightmare" I tell my empty apartment as I caress the banana

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

GABA ghoul posted:

Just biting into them them like they are an onion.

didn't want to let this one slide

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Armitag3 posted:

didn't want to let this one slide

well how do you eat an onion?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://youtu.be/hmPVCKnkKWA

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

davidspackage posted:

"Behold, the atheist's nightmare" I tell my empty apartment as I caress the banana

How widespread was that nonsense about proving God exists through bananas? I can't remember what other examples were, but I hope he pointed to the dog next. How could no God have made such a good boy? Owned atheists!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Google crocoduck (you will regret it)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GABA ghoul posted:

The skin has no flavor and just has texture. It’s no big deal.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QVp55ehvs

(doubly cursed for including the polygon sex pest, forgot about that)

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 13, 2023

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mauser posted:

How widespread was that nonsense about proving God exists through bananas? I can't remember what other examples were, but I hope he pointed to the dog next. How could no God have made such a good boy? Owned atheists!

The ideal companion argument to the banana is peanut butter. I wish I was kidding.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

GABA ghoul posted:

First time i ever met a kiwi, that's exactly what I did.

Not as bad as you might expect, but they were miles better after peeling.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

You know those small cuties oranges? There are people who eat those with the skin on, too.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Every single one of my friends admitted to eating the wax on a babybel by accident the first time they had one. No ones parents thought it wise to explain this cheese has not one but two wrappers that need removing.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

How banny formed

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

Every single one of my friends admitted to eating the wax on a babybel by accident the first time they had one. No ones parents thought it wise to explain this cheese has not one but two wrappers that need removing.

It's bc it's funny as gently caress to watch a child eat wax

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Scratch Monkey posted:

I watch people fix cars. It’s hard to phone that in

It's nice to see some of them have realised that MIG/arc/plug welding is fine and normal again. You just don't have to TIG Every loving Joint in a clean stack-o-dimes.

Cranktown City is the last real fabricator on YT

Edit: and blondiehacks, she's cool

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hard boil an egg for 15 mins. Eat it with shell on for extra crunch.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Waltzing Along posted:

Hard boil an egg for 15 mins. Eat it with shell on for extra crunch.

Sometimes I buy a double pack of hard-boiled eggs at work. When I make them myself, I prefer a 7 minute boil with immediate ice bath, so pretty soft.

But man, every time I take the first bite of those commercial eggs, I'm always so astonished with how much elastic deformation happens before my teeth finally cut through. You could probably bounce these off the ground like the old gum machine super bounce balls

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nothing gets me more than folks who just chow down on sunflower seeds in the shell. It feels like eating a piece of wood, and I have to imagine it leads to some fun bathroom times down the road a bit.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My girlfriend and her mom both eat peaches with the skin on. They think I'm the weird one.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My girlfriend and her mom both eat peaches with the skin on. They think I'm the weird one.

woof and I thought the kiwi w/ the skin on was rough

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I eat them that way too.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nothing gets me more than folks who just chow down on sunflower seeds in the shell. It feels like eating a piece of wood, and I have to imagine it leads to some fun bathroom times down the road a bit.

I... Didn't know that's not what you're supposed to do.

Oh no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

I... Didn't know that's not what you're supposed to do.

Oh no.

Most people spit the hulls out...