Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

The Baizhu nerf isn't really a nerf, and the Baizhu buff isn't really a buff. If he started out like this and today they "nerf/buffed" him to his original self this conversation would be exactly the same. Big congrats to the beta balance team- successfully managed to look busy for another week while doing nothing.

Here's some Baizhu buffs that would ACTUALLY matter, when looking at his ACTUAL roles in teams:

-Skill snake bounces more times, targeting changed to prioritize unique enemies.
-Burst snake (snake?) changed to also bounce between enemies, increase AoE of charge attack, reduce stamina cost and cast time.

And here's some nerfs:

-Skill snake no longer bounces, burst snake(?) and charge attack lose their little AoEs.
-Shield changed to orbital that gives .5 interrupt resistance (still breaks on hit)

Obviously this can't be true and it's much worse than that otherwise how could Da Wei and Hoyoverse be sticking it to the players as revenge for us standing up for Dehya which is a thing that I know for a fact is happening because I said so and Reddit affirmed it for me when I posted about it. Da Wei is out there trying to make Dehya and Baizhu even Doubleplus Worser to slight me Genshin player #59,584,087 so quit being such a white knight bootlicker already yeesh. :colbert:

MNSNTZR posted:

i still agree with this but i’d agree more with it if it weren’t for the dehya situation. i still think she’s maybe just being thoma/kuki’d right now, making the blowback way out of proportion, but hyv does execute a lot of things that don’t make sense to the layperson

i’m holding the line for the beta to be done with for baizhu, but it would suck a little if rolling for him ended up being a sunk cost situation. i’m saving for this entire patch, and that’s out of character for me as a baby whale. i can only imagine how f2ps might feel about it. and maybe folks are wondering just how many times they’ll be underwhelmed/disappointed by this game, which circles back to the “things that don’t make sense” thing — which can lead the more hyperbolic folks to the “it’s gotta be intentional” thing

but honestly, the best thing to do if players feel like that is to just either stop playing/play as little as possible or put your money elsewhere if you pay for stuff. i’m doing both and reading about baizhu’s changes this morning gave me a fat shrug because i can’t exert the effort to figure out if less numbers means anything :shrug:

also the only good genshin subreddit is the teapot subreddit.

I mean the fact that they keep congratulating themselves about sending some spam to newer and further frontiers of the internet now kind of points to how actually serious they are about this weird little campaign they've been instigating for a couple weeks now. Like if nothing has changed with the character and you're willing to congratulate yourselves constantly for "doing my part" in posting the same thing for the nth time that would indicate to me that that is in fact the actual end goal and not the method, but hey, what do I know.

I have my disappointments with the game too with the biggest one far and away being them not raising the world level cap with Sumeru so I could at least explore the frontier of a world map I have to be somewhat careful on at times again, but that didn't happen so I've kind of switched to playing Genshin as a casual game I take very much at my own pace. I don't think this was done as a personally slight to me however.

Obviously as well any theory that Dehya might be waiting on some character, item or future buff to improve her general performance and utility gets met with the now painfully bog standard and tedious claim that that's just "copium" and you're a clown emoji IMO because that doesn't fit the narrative so there's no real interaction or exchange of ideas to be had with these people.

Hoyoverse reps could try to engage more with these people and seemed to make an effort to do so a lot more in the past, but it's online fandom has kind of regressed to that tonal level of almost like.....what would be the point in trying to dialogue with the English speaking community. For example you can tell the English voice actors for this game like the paycheck, but are trying to do everything in their power to have as minimal interactions with the online community as possible anymore save for what is contractually obligated on them. I feel like a few in particular such as Zach Aguilar prefer it when the dev team takes the point on the patch streams so they don't have to hear any grief afterward on their social media accounts for whatever the latest uproar is and which they have zero control over anyway. I've even heard a rumor (and I admittedly can't corroborate this but it seems at least plausible) that Kokomi's English VA Risa Mei has asked to be used as little as possible after being harassed off twitter at one point during 3.1 when people were doing the Kokomi meltdown and that that's one of the reasons she's barely been in any events or story arcs despite being pitched as one of the major Inazuma cast members.

Considering the state the English twitter is in I wouldn't want to touch that poo poo with a 10 foot pole anymore if I were one of the VA's cause I know exactly what's going to happen and what I'd be inviting into my feed. Like I know people hate having this stuff brought up here, but it's getting to the point that it's so bad that it has the potential to possibly hold back the game in ways that are far worse than anything to do with Dehya or Baizhu or whatever where managing the English production side of things comes into play.

I don't know I guess the point is again that IMO the greater English community for this game is an absolute loving disaster that it seems to have created for itself and that there doesn't appear to be much of a way out of. I promise it's the last I'll say on it for some time too, but like while I had low expectations for it in the first year given how anime/game hobby communities tend to be, it's initial strong momentum with the infamous $100 million marketing campaign seemed to carry it over the usual sort of bullshit enough for me to actually get into it despite serious early reservations (again based on what anime/game communities tend to be like in the social media era) only for it to end up far worse behaved in the long run than I could have ever imagined. Kind of weirdly got both extremes in a very short time frame.

Mordiceius posted:

I don't know if it has always been this way as I didn't really follow any of the Genshin reddit community until semi-recently, but you're absolutely correct. It's absolutely loving psychotic over there.

You will not be able to find any useful information as everyone is too busy working themselves up into a loving rage over this. Any slight indication that you enjoy Dehya or don't care about their crusade gets you basically dogpiled.

One of the most upvoted posts over the last week was someone sharing this:

Personally, I read that and think "goddamn, the response by the Dehya fan is deranged" but it's literally 91% upvoted about how much of a sick burn they got on twitter. https://old.reddit.com/r/Dehyamains/comments/11ok7xs/apply_cold_water_to_burnt_area/

There has never been a better example of people who need to go touch some loving grass as r/dehyamains

It's not the highest point on my list of reasons why they come across as deeply unserious about their supposed virtuous mission, but it's definitely on said list. The biggest one is the one I mentioned above about the constant self-congratulation about their latest sortie to the twitter battleground to "do their part". loving George rear end W. Bush "Mission Accomplished" tier performative shitposting basically.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dehyamains/comments/11q6ado/they_are_trying_to_silence_is/

Their own sub has started locking poo poo like this, but

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dehyamains/comments/11qbqhq/shoutout_to_everyone_on_the_discord_whos_been/

This one right here is the absolute giving away the hustle sort of thread that they don't even seem to realize loving destroys their credibility as "righteous crusaders" to anyone outside their circle jerk. Top of the page and a possible candidate for also getting locked since the moderators on that sub seeing to be trying to discourage spam now.

Also I do realize the irony in doing the same bringing outside poo poo to poke fun about in a different venue thing, but I genuinely do think it speaks for itself. Like it's loving insane parody level stuff that you'd almost think is somebody from outside their group making fun of them to their face rather than coming from inside the tent that I've really never seen for a gacha title, but maybe others have I don't know. I kind of agree that the DehyaMains sub takes the all time cake that I've ever really seen though. The fact that their own moderation team has started to take ever increasing action is very telling.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

are these the same people that poo poo on Laura Stahl for re-recording some of Barbara’s lines or was that a separate outrage

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"I hate Dehya not getting buffed!"

"I hate people wanting Dehya buffed!"

"I hate that you hate that he hates Dehya not being buffed! I'm angry at the concept of ANGER ITSELF!"

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just want to be able to talk about characters based on how they are and how they can be used in game. I don't give a poo poo about how they could/should be or how the company CLEARLY is racist and is wanting to screw over players.

Kale
May 14, 2010

UHD posted:

are these the same people that poo poo on Laura Stahl for re-recording some of Barbara’s lines or was that a separate outrage

I'm honestly not sure or if it's even true regarding Kokomi's presence in the story. The main thing I remember from that time is it was kind of just around when the English community started to take it's turn for the predictably badly behaved anime/gaming community online that casually engages in 24/7 shitposting though. There was some stream where it was the voice actors appearing in a web cam live chat hosted by Zach Aguilar (Aether's English VA and seemingly a pretty decent reasonable and charismatic enough guy) to go over things and being all hyped up about stuff in an obviously scripted mandated way. This is extremely common in Asian language streams for GAAS titles where a bunch of celebrities and color commentators will proclaim "Waaah Sugoi" x100 to things that the marketing team is demonstrating, and while I don't really support this streaming format or think it's particular good (especially since these tend to last 3-4 hours of pure strain fluff commentary sometimes) I've never thought of going out of my way to make a point about it cause I'm aware they don't really give a poo poo and that just because I personally don't like it doesn't mean it isn't effective marketing for those regions of the world.

For whatever reason the English community totally lost it's poo poo over this stream and started harassing just about every VA that participated in that chat. I remember Laura Stahl was indeed in that stream, but I don't think Risa Mei was, however that was the Kokomi patch and the original full on community meltdown that seems to have become the standard for almost every 5 star character released since then save Yelan, which prompted this tweet

https://twitter.com/LoveRisaMei/status/1442577985186324481?lang=en

Zach Aguilar in particular I remember being particularly put off by the whole experience and mincing words much less, which frankly kind of earned a bit of respect from me for being willing to stick up for himself and his co-workers in a firm but IMO still very professional way

https://twitter.com/airzach/status/1428850785643757572?lang=en

I just like.....get it honestly.

Anyway Kokomi, Yae, Thoma and Shinobu among others all kind of set a pattern for characters that were kind of eh upon release only to become significantly better down the road for various reasons as a result of things that weren't in the game upon the time of their release. Obviously while there's no guarantee that this will happen with Dehya to the same degree or at all (nor am I going to sit their like an idiot and claim that's absolutely going to be the case), to just casually dismiss the idea that something with multiple examples as a precedent might end up happening as "copium" without sufficient competing proof and counter-argument other than a paranoid sense of victimhood and belief that a company is trying to screw with you personally, is loving stupidly childish and just tells me that those people really just want a reason to bitch and spam a video games community (again the self-congratulation stuff for spamming social media more than fulfills the burden of proof for this theory to me already) and that they are again deeply unserious about wanting improvements to a specific character or actually even willing to entertain the idea that that might happen.

Justin_Brett posted:

"I hate Dehya not getting buffed!"

"I hate people wanting Dehya buffed!"

"I hate that you hate that he hates Dehya not being buffed! I'm angry at the concept of ANGER ITSELF!"

I mostly just hate spammers, people that like to play the victim over first world problems as a hobby, people that profess to be deeply serious about something at length while doing everything in their power to demonstrate on a daily, sometimes hourly basis, how in fact deeply unserious they are at length about that thing (i.e I don't know...Elon Musk) and people that are unwilling to give due examination to ideas that conflict with a prescribed narrative even a little. I might as well just be saying I hate Americans on the internet in 2023 though in a way. :lol:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kale could you please stop making giant posts about drama i dont read and dont really care about

i understand you're frustrated that people are being stupid but what you're doing here is just bringing that frustration and stupidity into this thread and making it also miserable to read

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also i will say them nerfing the duration on dehya's artifact set is loving bizarre

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Looking forward to the upcoming three months where abyss will be giving us dehya+childe artifacts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 13, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Actually thinking about it the duration nerf seems really irrelevant for Dehya, since her self-dot will keep the stacks refreshed as they fall off for ten seconds anyway. So them even bothering to nerf the set + Dehya's weird kit makes me assume that there is some sort of self-hp drain/self-damage character in Fontaine. Maybe the hydro archon ?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

also i will say them nerfing the duration on dehya's artifact set is loving bizarre
Especially since it doesn't even seem very good on her (unless you c6?) due to her low ratios and crazy energy needs (if you ever want to burst).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

kale could you please stop making giant posts about drama i dont read and dont really care about

i understand you're frustrated that people are being stupid but what you're doing here is just bringing that frustration and stupidity into this thread and making it also miserable to read

Yeah as long as there no people to interact or follow up with anymore like I said I'm done with it honestly for that exact reason. There's a tightrope to be walked between expressing oneself and importing endless drama to a thread and becoming what your expressing frustration with that I'm willing to walk and recognize at least.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Did anyone ever check how the taking damage stuff works with Zhongli? If it doesn't work through shields I'm positive they'll be revisiting it a lot lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Especially since it doesn't even seem very good on her (unless you c6?) due to her low ratios and crazy energy needs (if you ever want to burst).
c4 seems like the bigger breakpoint for her being able to go off emblem, but fav sword kazuha + benny does also cover her energy needs if you can get a few substats in my experience.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

Did anyone ever check how the taking damage stuff works with Zhongli? If it doesn't work through shields I'm positive they'll be revisiting it a lot lol.
Anything that talks about 'taking damage' doesn't work with shields at all, no. The shield takes the damage.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eimi posted:

Letting you copy people's teapot layout has been awesome, but all the best teapot people are on Asia and it doesn't work cross server :argh:

funny enough, codes are the only thing i didn’t like about the sub whenever that feature first dropped. i post stuff there occasionally in an underserved a niche or two, so i’m one of those folks who choose not to share codes. that, of course, lead to people spamming “code?” in the comments despite how the flairs work there. doesn’t happen often anymore, but i still see it on other people’s posts occasionally. it’s a small nuisance

i know they thought they were saying something with that venti line jfc

it’s been like this for a good long while. as far back as i can remember, xinyan started the lovely character AND the racism discourse. earliest instance of actual 5 star doomposting i remember was kokomi, but she turned out to be a pleasant surprise

edit: redacting the other drama stuff

MNSNTZR fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 13, 2023

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

Actually thinking about it the duration nerf seems really irrelevant for Dehya, since her self-dot will keep the stacks refreshed as they fall off for ten seconds anyway. So them even bothering to nerf the set + Dehya's weird kit makes me assume that there is some sort of self-hp drain/self-damage character in Fontaine. Maybe the hydro archon ?

The artifact nerf does take 3 seconds of uptime off the end, since the second she's not taking damage she starts losing stacks. It's not much but anything making timings tighter is rough.

I wonder if Fontaine might give us something that would either extend ability duration or reduce cooldown time, as as opposite effect to the usual hydro cooldown's are doubled abyss effect. Hydro archon consumes your hp to boost your abilities or something. Either the dehya mains are right :tinfoil: or something coming is big enough to make them preemptively nerf anything related. More likely mihoyo doesn't care and is just making numbers up.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

Anything that talks about 'taking damage' doesn't work with shields at all, no. The shield takes the damage.

the diluc c2 works through shields

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Everything in Sumeru except Nahida has definitely felt a bit cautiously designed. Maybe they realized hyperbloom was overtuned and are being more cautious so something like that doesn't happen again? But every 5* in Sumeru has been either an average onfielder (Tighnari, Cyno, Wanderer) or had some kind of limiters placed on them (Nilou, Dehya, Baizhu)

Alhaitham is also an exception but given what he is and what dendro is even if you nerfed his numbers into the ground he'd still be good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

Everything in Sumeru except Nahida has definitely felt a bit cautiously designed. Maybe they realized hyperbloom was overtuned and are being more cautious so something like that doesn't happen again? But every 5* in Sumeru has been either an average onfielder (Tighnari, Cyno, Wanderer) or had some kind of limiters placed on them (Nilou, Dehya, Baizhu)

Alhaitham is also an exception but given what he is and what dendro is even if you nerfed his numbers into the ground he'd still be good.

Hyperbloom truly is hilariously overtuned. I was running some domains in multiplayer the other day and ended up on a team where we all landed on a perfect hyperbloom comp and we were vaporizing the domain entire in sub-20 seconds. Every other multiplayer grouping took at least a minute.

I find it kind of frustrating, to be honest. I mean, it's nice being able to have a team that is very low investment cost for very high returns but it just makes every other team look tremendously lovely in comparison.

MNSNTZR posted:

it’s been like this for a good long while. as far back as i can remember, xinyan started the lovely character AND the racism discourse. earliest instance of actual 5 star doomposting i remember was kokomi, but she turned out to be a pleasant surprise

It really makes me appreciate this thread and the community here.

In the end, Genshin Impact is just a game. When people are talking about "solidarity" and "holding the line," I just hope they are able to find other areas of their life to give them fulfillment.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 13, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I've seen some CN TC and for some reason they seem to assume that your primary damage dealers are gonna have their signature 5 star weapons, and possibly a couple of early constellations if they're strong. If Hoyo decided to balance hyperbloom around THAT then the strength of the reaction makes sense.

But also that level on investment in a single character is an absolute scam lol

🐳 moment

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Sicko opinion but I hope Baizhu gets sent to Standard. I stand by my assesment of his strength and I'm gonna pick him up on his banner either way. But also I want his C1 and C2. But also also, I don't wanna spend rainbow fates on them. Standard plz :pray:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

I've seen some CN TC and for some reason they seem to assume that your primary damage dealers are gonna have their signature 5 star weapons, and possibly a couple of early constellations if they're strong. If Hoyo decided to balance hyperbloom around THAT then the strength of the reaction makes sense.

🐳 moment
the cn playerbase is insanely meta-focused, and you only need 8 characters for abyss (and several of the best characters in the game are 4*) so the assumption is that you will horde your primos and only roll for characters that are obviously op and get their cons/signature weapon. that is, there's no benefit to having, say, yoimiya in your account if you arent actively using her, so the assumption is that you skipped her for more cons on the character you are using.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I could maybe see them balancing it around how much of a pain in the rear end it is to actually get EM-mainstat artifacts, let alone EM-mainstat artifacts with non-garbage substats. If you assume the average achievable EM is something like 500 instead of ~1k, it looks a lot more balanced in comparison to the classic "damage" reactions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

🐳 moment

Does CN TC mean Chinese Team Comps like I'm assuming?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Theory Crafting, probably means about the same

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everyone going boo hoo about dehya or baizou, I'm disappointed the fontaine twins are two separate units.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

haha yeah i totally didn’t c3/r1 kazuha and wanderer rolling for heizou cons and/or complete bias respectively

MoonCrab posted:

Sicko opinion but I hope Baizhu gets sent to Standard. I stand by my assesment of his strength and I'm gonna pick him up on his banner either way. But also I want his C1 and C2. But also also, I don't wanna spend rainbow fates on them. Standard plz :pray:

baizhu’s cons are happening whether he goes to standard or not. i have complete dogshit luck with standard (always a weapon) or lost 50/50s (always qiqi or keqing). i didn’t get diluc until about a year and a half into playing the game

i just want to know if he works with moonglow or whether i can meme build him into a dps or not. i can’t be bothered crafting prototype amber

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Okay. This is loving cool.

(Swap between light and dark mode on the forums)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

Witchcraft!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mordiceius posted:

It really makes me appreciate this thread and the community here.

In the end, Genshin Impact is just a game. When people are talking about "solidarity" and "holding the line," I just hope they are able to find other areas of their life to give them fulfillment.

Yeah, this thread and a random discord I'm in that has a few Genshin players in it are the only interactions I have with other Genshin players, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Endorph posted:

the cn playerbase is insanely meta-focused, and you only need 8 characters for abyss (and several of the best characters in the game are 4*) so the assumption is that you will horde your primos and only roll for characters that are obviously op and get their cons/signature weapon. that is, there's no benefit to having, say, yoimiya in your account if you arent actively using her, so the assumption is that you skipped her for more cons on the character you are using.

I understand the thinking, but characters like Eula and Hu Tao have unfortunately established a precedent that if you see a character that looks like you'd like them, you'd better roll or else who knows when you'll see them again, or at least that's where I'm coming from.

But speaking of having characters sitting around that I'm not using, now that I've come into Yelan, Tighnari, and Yaoyao, I've been thinking of running a team with those three. Anyone have suggestions for a 4th character there? I have Cyno, Yae, and Ayato sitting around as well, and wouldn't mind using one of those

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tighnari really doesn't work with Yelan/Xingqiu, he never normal attacks and his charged shots don't trigger their bursts.

Unless it's just a friendship team thing. Yae works well with Tighnari at least.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Witchcraft!

EDIT: poo poo someone beat me to this joke.

Uh, Magic!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Spooky alpha channel fuckery, I like it.

Shinji2015 posted:

But speaking of having characters sitting around that I'm not using, now that I've come into Yelan, Tighnari, and Yaoyao, I've been thinking of running a team with those three. Anyone have suggestions for a 4th character there? I have Cyno, Yae, and Ayato sitting around as well, and wouldn't mind using one of those
Yae would work well as a mostly off-field turret in that comp, since tighnari wants some field time but not tons. Cyno works good with yelan, but takes too much field time to really benefit or benefit from tighnari.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

I'd love to see some tech breakdown of how they get her to switch from Traveler mode to Abyss Princess mode that way.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kale posted:

I'd love to see some tech breakdown of how they get her to switch from Traveler mode to Abyss Princess mode that way.

it's a transparency thing in the .png. youll notice if you view it in your own quote in awful app the green is visible and doesn't quite get the full darkmode black color. The teeth is the most clever part imo, since it's a line that blends into black, but in normal mode changes the shape of her mouth.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

If you have Fischl, I'd suggest Fischl. Mine's maybe a bit overinvested, and I'm not 100% sure how much Tighnari triggers her skill, but I did just clear the Sumeru talent domain in 57 seconds with just those two (and a quick swap to Sayu for healing), and the Guilded Dreams domain in 1:03 with just those two.

So.
They definitely work well together.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Since you charge shot with him Tighnari doesn't have special syngery with Fischl beyond just the ridiculousness of dendro+electro, and Fischl being Fischl. Though Yae fills the same niche of electro turret gal.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Add a cryo catalyst already!!!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

sushibandit posted:

Yae would work well as a mostly off-field turret in that comp, since tighnari wants some field time but not tons. Cyno works good with yelan, but takes too much field time to really benefit or benefit from tighnari.

Endorph posted:

Tighnari really doesn't work with Yelan/Xingqiu, he never normal attacks and his charged shots don't trigger their bursts.

Unless it's just a friendship team thing. Yae works well with Tighnari at least.

Friendship's a benefit, but mostly I'm just looking for a change of pace from my current team and figured I'd actually try to build one from the ground up this time.

But it seems like the issue with this comp is Yelan/Tighnari conflict with each other and have different needs?

Captain France posted:

If you have Fischl, I'd suggest Fischl. Mine's maybe a bit overinvested, and I'm not 100% sure how much Tighnari triggers her skill, but I did just clear the Sumeru talent domain in 57 seconds with just those two (and a quick swap to Sayu for healing), and the Guilded Dreams domain in 1:03 with just those two.

So.
They definitely work well together.

I do have a Fischl that I'm not using, but I've just never had any real desire to play her. I know she's one of the best characters in the game, but whenever I've used her, she's never clicked for me. I also didn't consider her initially because I was already thinking about running two archers and a third seemed like too much, but that's not set in stone.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

Add a cryo catalyst already!!!

(taking long drink from unlabelled brown glass bottle in paper bag)

Best I can do for you is another one handed sword anemo user.