Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If my napkin math is right the Bears still have like 40 mil in possible FA money left?

Bare minimum, give me at least 2 DL's and I'll be happy. I'm holding my breath for Frank Clark.

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

GNU Order posted:

Or he finally gets moved back to center.

He was always a center. James Daniels was always a guard. I have no clue why the Nagy regime moved them in the first place, and they were clearly wrong about it because James Daniels was one of the best guards in the game last season

Whitehair can't snap in shotgun and the market for good centers seems to be cheap (can't believe they missed on Pocic). My guess is it's Patrick's job to lose or they draft someone.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Pops Mgee posted:

Some thoughts on the Aaron Rodgers situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1635404741399420929

I would've enjoyed these.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Woke up to 120+ unread in this thread, went here first for the inevitable.

Instead, lol Davante Adams. Good god.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just found out that the Raiders signed Garoppolo and that might be what Davante's post is about. :laffo:

Fuckin' Josh McDaniels, :lol:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I thought for sure they were just going to resign Stidham, dude looked legit against the 49ers, probably could have paid him pennies and then bought an actual defense in FA.

nope lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's either clarified or walked it back depending upon what you think.

https://twitter.com/tae15adams/status/1635401065347833856?t=2L023iFLWGb23_Is-dO0sA&s=19

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I'm sure it's just a clarification, and that he has no regrets about leaving the top QB-WR combo for less money to join his college buddy who gets cut before the season even ends, only to be replaced by the worst deep-ball passer in the league.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Kindly requesting the Vikings do things that aren't losing people to other teams. I mean, I'm sure they're going to, but like, we could use a little something to kick it off.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1635413834159517698

So yeah it's a 2 year deal if it doesn't work out.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nate Davis is a RG. I think it is more likely when they lost out on McGlinchey that they decided to slide Jenkins to RT.

I'm pretty excited with how the Bears have executed this first day. They got a bunch of young guys that can grow with the team and none of the contracts seem like overpays.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Abugadu posted:

I'm sure it's just a clarification, and that he has no regrets about leaving the top QB-WR combo for less money to join his college buddy who gets cut before the season even ends, only to be replaced by the worst deep-ball passer in the league.

Yep. Definitely not the fact that Carr was released just under 4 weeks ago! I want to believe this is him telling Rodgers to gently caress off.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know why paying a worse player $18 million is better than paying roquan $20 million but as a bears fan i am obligated to be happy they are addressing the only position where people have historically played well on this garbage team.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Edmunds fits the system of a coach that will probably be fired in 2 years better than Roquan did I guess.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
They also got a second and a fifth and will pay $15m less in guarantees.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1635430780842176515

Lets gooooo

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Redeye Flight posted:

Kindly requesting the Vikings do things that aren't losing people to other teams. I mean, I'm sure they're going to, but like, we could use a little something to kick it off.

https://twitter.com/TheKevinFielder/status/1635430003616759810?s=20

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Get me Dre'mont Jones and I'll be happy. This draft has so many good edge rushers that they can take a couple shots in the 1st or 2nd round. I just can't watch dudes like Mike Pennel anymore.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/GarrettWilson_V/status/1635435043697852417

lol
lmao

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Is the hostage situation still going on?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't know why paying a worse player $18 million is better than paying roquan $20 million but as a bears fan i am obligated to be happy they are addressing the only position where people have historically played well on this garbage team.

Had to get rid of roquan to get #1

Also he had a weird tenure here. Remember his unexplained illnesses and weird pseudo agent?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

SirPablo posted:

It will never end.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

SirPablo posted:

Sure is!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dov gets all of us at first.

mastershakeman posted:

Had to get rid of roquan to get #1

Also he had a weird tenure here. Remember his unexplained illnesses and weird pseudo agent?

Saint Omni is one of the most bizarrely fascinating stories

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SirPablo posted:

Best case scenario - he's decided to go to the Jets, but has told everyone involved to keep a lid on it so he can break it on MacAfee tomorrow under threat of blowing up the deal if anyone on either side leaks.

...and that's the best case scenario. :crackping:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

if they don’t get rodgers now that locker room is going to be intensely awkward

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

poo poo

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1635451944507670528?t=rvOR5Q_NGW0kWIVJV8vBRg&s=19

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, it's looking like a 3 year/48 million contract which makes me sad because that is a great price.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm seeing 3/$51m, but that's still really low compared to what I expected, especially if the guarantee is only $18m. Wonder if NFL teams weren't as hot on him as people speculated

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

I'm seeing 3/$51m, but that's still really low compared to what I expected, especially if the guarantee is only $18m. Wonder if NFL teams weren't as hot on him as people speculated

I think it is probably that he had 6.5 sacks and 8 tackles for loss with Bradley Chubb and just 1 sack and one tfl without him (only 4 games, missed the rest of the season)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Love to create a ton of cap space and then not sign any good players with it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Love to create a ton of cap space and then not sign any good players with it.

"SMH we gotta fire poles, he gave out all these bad contracts two years ago, and now the Bears are hosed when they have to resign Fields" - Alt Universe Nirwad in 2 years

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

I watch a lot of NFL and engage with a lot of NFL-related content and I had literally never heard of this guy until people in this thread started talking about him a couple of days ago, so I feel like this probably is not that big of a deal, but my sympathies anyway

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

"SMH we gotta fire poles, he gave out all these bad contracts two years ago, and now the Bears are hosed when they have to resign Fields" - Alt Universe Nirwad in 2 years

Also the Bears signed four starters today?? It's not like they've been sitting on their hands lol

Some sports fans with keen memories might also remember that they used cap space to acquire a WR1 via trade three days ago

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

They went 3-14 last year man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Also the Bears signed four starters today?? It's not like they've been sitting on their hands lol

Not to mention the teams that "win" free agency, are teams that find and sign value deals and overperform them.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Not to mention the teams that "win" free agency, are teams that find and sign value deals and overperform them.

Teams like the 49ers and Chiefs don't know what they are doing signing stars for big money.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Much like I will never stop dooming until all five o line men are replaced

Dexo won't let anything get them down. Not even Vallus Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would point out that there's a massive difference between an already-good team adding a big complementary piece or two in free agency and a barren team trying to build an entire roster via free agency, but that would be engaging with a faulty premise, because the Bears are being notably active in free agency