Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zoux posted:

What's the alligator to crocodile conversion rate

It depends, are you seeing them later, or after awhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Silly Burrito posted:

It depends, are you seeing them later, or after awhile?

Look at this smart guy, probably an undercover investigator

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Read After Burning posted:

I'd wear those shoes, at least! They're cute.

You'd wear his shoes? Gross

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

for sale, adult baby shoes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

At the start of COVID, where they were saying we don't need masks and should just stand 6 feet apart, I swear to god Florida had signs that said people should stand 1 alligator apart.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

drat, other than the tie, thats a neat outfit. Jorps is insane, and the benzos have set him free to wear anything.

If memory serves, some tactilol suit maker offered to make him a couple of suits for free.

This is the result.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

At the start of COVID, where they were saying we don't need masks and should just stand 6 feet apart, I swear to god Florida had signs that said people should stand 1 alligator apart.

A lot of places did stuff like this. I saw some in Colorado that used a ski as the measuring stick.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Meet your audience where they are.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Skwirl posted:

My favorite was telling people to stand 1 refrigerator apart. Sure, refrigerators, those items which (1) famously are always exactly the same height and (2) are normally laid down horizontally across the floor.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Doom Mathematic posted:

My favorite was telling people to stand 1 refrigerator apart. Sure, refrigerators, those items which (1) famously are always exactly the same height and (2) are normally laid down horizontally across the floor.

94% of poors own refrigerators so it seems pretty smart to use this as a common metric :smugdog:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TotalLossBrain posted:

94% of "poors" own refrigerators so it seems pretty smart to use this as a common metric :smugdog:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean using metrics people understand rather than trying to force a measuring system just so you can feel smart seems correct

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Which is why Fahrenheit is better than Celsius.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I just wish Fahrenheit had a logical zero. Because ive had tons of days that were below zero, so I don’t associate it with “notably cold” any more than I would say -7. Keep 100, make 0 freezing, blam, now we can do easy conversions.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
F->C or C->F is the only conversion i know because i worked out the math back in like 5th grade and it's stuck with me every since

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zoux posted:

Which is why Fahrenheit is better than Celsius.

Why do you hate your own thread so much?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Why do you hate your own thread so much?

I'm driving engagement. It's why the NYT employs Bret Stephens: people cannot loving help themselves.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
In Canada you can grow your own weed in a 200 square meters area. To explain just how much area that is, they described it as half the area between the two blue lines in a standard hockey rink.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

deoju posted:

In Canada you can grow your own weed in a 200 square meters area. To explain just how much area that is, they described it as half the area between the two blue lines in a standard hockey rink.

Now let's add some Canadian grade school math. If there are four hockey players in a 200 sqm ice rink, what is the average knuckle sandwich density per square meter eh?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That Gretzky isn't already the face of a massive corporate grow operation like "Great One Green" or the like is a disappointment to me.

EDIT:

ChatGPT generated list of hockey oriented weed strains!

Hat Trick Haze
Zamboni Kush
Power Play Purple
Blue Line Diesel
Ice Rink OG
Puck Puff Pass
Stickhandling Sativa
Slap Shot Sour
Goalie Goo
Checking Cheese

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Mar 13, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

TotalLossBrain posted:

Now let's add some Canadian grade school math. If there are four hockey players in a 200 sqm ice rink, what is the average knuckle sandwich density per square meter eh?

That looks difficult to work oot

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

zoux posted:

Meet your audience where they are.

deoju posted:

Something something you get the audience you deserve

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

deoju posted:

So...between blue and center?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dick Trauma posted:

That Gretzky isn't already the face of a massive corporate grow operation like "Great One Green" or the like is a disappointment to me.

EDIT:

ChatGPT generated list of hockey oriented weed strains!

Hat Trick Haze
Zamboni Kush
Power Play Purple
Blue Line Diesel
Ice Rink OG
Puck Puff Pass
Stickhandling Sativa
Slap Shot Sour
Goalie Goo
Checking Cheese

Give Your Balls a Nug

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Give Your Balls a Nug

Zambongi
Buddy clark
Brett Hull's Winning Bowl

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Sneakers with a suit is shameful. He looks like a child sitting criss cross applesauce

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

loving Elon Musk tie smh...

Greatest thinker of our time

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

Trick question, they're too chilled out from blazing that Slapshot Sour to fight

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/PoorlyAgedStuff/status/1635118265616994308

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1633208178690207748

https://twitter.com/_lizharvey/status/1635135364276039681

https://twitter.com/willow_catelyn/status/1634946773109321728

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

iwentdoodie posted:

So...between blue and center?
I think they thought a squarish space was easier to conceptualize than an elongate rectangle.
https://www.newsweek.com/canada-legal-marijuana-report-hockey-ice-rink-851975

TotalLossBrain posted:

There's been a considerable drop in fights per game since the implementation of the salary cap. Teams can't keep a dedicated enforcer* on their roster.
https://www.hockeyfights.com/stats

*Also called a Goon.

deoju has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Mar 13, 2023

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:honk:

https://twitter.com/AndrewBarnas/status/1635374210079141889?s=20

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i did my phd on rats and i hope i never have to see another one

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

they smell bad and are bitey :mad:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

crabrock posted:

i did my phd on rats and i hope i never have to see another one

Dr Rattus? Dr Rat?

What's the proper protocol here

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

The most important change to make is to turn off anything that sounds like Motion Smoothing (Smart Motion or Motion Flow, Motion Processing, True Motion, etc.) If you’ve ever been watching a movie on a TV and noticed the frame rate looks hosed up (Unnaturally fast) and everything looks filmed like a soap opera, chances are that Motion Smoothing is enabled. Very often it is enabled by default. It’s fine for sports (which is often what TVs in a showroom are displaying) and sometimes okay for animation, but loving awful on everything else.

Most movies and shows are filmed in 30 FPS, whereas the TV is capable of 60-240 FPS, so it attempts to force its native FPS by adding in extra frames that attempt to extrapolate the additional motion between frames.

I turn this poo poo off on every TV I watch for even a few minutes, provided that I have access to the settings. I have left a slew of hotel rooms with improved picture quality in my wake.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

King Carnivore posted:

The most important change to make is immediately enable anything that sounds like Motion Smoothing (Smart Motion or Motion Flow, Motion Processing, True Motion, etc.) If you’ve ever been watching a movie on a TV and noticed the frame rate looks much more natural (true-to-life) and everything looks filmed like a soap opera, chances are that Motion Smoothing is enabled. Very often it is enabled by default. It’s not needed for sports because they are already presented in a natural looking framerate.

ftfy

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
My roommate prefers watching movies and TV shows with TruMotion enabled. When my TV was in the shared space I was constantly having to disable it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

deoju posted:

*Also called a Goon.

Leading to this very fine Zevon song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO-m3sPoPA

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

kazr posted:

Sneakers with a suit is shameful. He looks like a child sitting criss cross applesauce

Lmao, grow up. Let people wear what’s comfortable.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

The philosopher king of the right wing, everyone. I believe it was Voltaire that said “I nyiirnday there for I nimber”