Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

They went 3-14 last year man

Yeah, I'm well aware. It's Monday. Free Agency isn't over, trades are still available, etc etc.

Freak out and lose your mind when we have a more complete picture.

Like man the Bears signed the starting LT and LB that started the entire year a couple of years ago during training camp lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HootTheOwl posted:

Much like I will never stop dooming until all five o line men are replaced

Dexo won't let anything get them down. Not even Vallus Jones

Disappointing draft picks happen, if Velus doesn't show any improvement(he's a solid returner, just please learn how to catch punts), or if Gordon doesn't get better(he did show improvement late in the year) then that sucks and reflects really poorly on Poles.

I don't really judge players or GM's until at least the end of their second year into their third year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah, I'm well aware. It's Monday. Free Agency isn't over, trades are still available, etc etc.

Freak out and lose your mind when we have a more complete picture.

Like man the Bears signed the starting LT and LB that started the entire year a couple of years ago during training camp lol.

The stars are mostly gone. The whole point of having a QB on a rookie deal is you can spend on stars at other positions.

You have $100 million in cap space and dont bother improving the worst offensive and defensive line in football.

We will see how it pans out for them next season.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
NFL superstars like Dre'mont Jones and Mike McGlinchey - there isn't a football fan alive who doesn't know these names

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This year's FA class didn't seem that great in the first place, running backs aside. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dexo posted:

"SMH we gotta fire poles, he gave out all these bad contracts two years ago, and now the Bears are hosed when they have to resign Fields" - Alt Universe Nirwad in 2 years

If they’re actually in a situation where they want to resign Fields in two years for a lot of money that seems like a pretty massive win and I can’t imagine caring how you got there.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

NFL superstars like Dre'mont Jones and Mike McGlinchey - there isn't a football fan alive who doesn't know these names

I get passing on McGlinchey at that price tag. Jones is really good though and that's a really fair deal. Going to go out on a limb and say he would be an improvement on Mike Pennel and Armon Watts. But I guess we will see.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Niwrad posted:

They went 3-14 last year man

They tried to! That was the entire loving point of all this. The Bears have signed got starters, all under 30. They haven't really overspent on anyone, despite it being the first day of free agency. Poles told us that he believes in building through the draft. He told us he would be disciplined. It sounds like you want Poles to do what Pace did, which is what got us here in the first place.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Niwrad posted:

The stars are mostly gone. The whole point of having a QB on a rookie deal is you can spend on stars at other positions.

You have $100 million in cap space and dont bother improving the worst offensive and defensive line in football.

You were saying about the lines?

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1635459740812685315?t=WebMwbXMUzjySyQE1GlhqA&s=19

Picked up Nate Davis as well, who is solid on the OL. This is something of a weird FA class looking at the NFL tracker. Pretty sure it's going to be OL/DL at no. 9. Unconcerned at the moment and honestly pleased. There's a lot to be done but they clearly got better today and I'll take that over the garbage fire it's been lately.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

using "star" for anyone but Lamar and Maaaaaaaaybe Brown, in this free agency class is funny.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

using "star" for anyone but Lamar and Maaaaaaaaybe Brown, in this free agency class is funny.

Hargrave is closer to a star than Brown.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Well technically Baker Mayfield is a star!

... Of commercials.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sataere posted:

actually yeah, fair play, I forgot about Hargrave, but he's also older.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
How much cap space could Chicago roll over to next season, incidentally? I know there's a cap floor; can they roll over anything unspent above that point?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

actually yeah, fair play, I forgot about Hargrave, but he's also older.

To be clear, I absolutely agree with you. I want the Bears to basically keep doing cheap deals for plugs across the board. Hargrave is a great signing if we are the 49ers. Where we are now, Hargrave would be on the decline when we hit our window. It wouldn't make sense and would be bad process. I just wanted to give that man his due.

Also,
https://twitter.com/jaydizzyd/status/1635460571448459265?s=46&t=E3o6AWM6NzbHelAtroEDOg

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

True. Brown is only 26 and was one of the best interior pass rushers in football last year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/1635471625213837312

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/rd32_era/status/1635472102449987587?t=MvbvMGs5qsaV1T-DBUSW2g&s=19

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wtf is this poo poo?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Wtf is this poo poo?

Rasul being awesome

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sataere posted:

Rasul being awesome

Oh. :lol:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da

bears

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

surf rock posted:

How much cap space could Chicago roll over to next season, incidentally? I know there's a cap floor; can they roll over anything unspent above that point?

They can rollover around $23 million to next season if they wanted to. They had a $9.5 million rollover this year but lost $4.5 million of that to a bonus they had to pay out to Riley Reiff (:lol:).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Wtf is this poo poo?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i still believe in the dominique robinson breakout year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/LanceBriggs/status/1635440099336028160

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Lance Briggs is awesome

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

With respect to Lance, I don't think they spent $50 million guaranteed to have Edmnuds play the Mike. Pretty sure he will be in the Darius Leonard role.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

xbilkis posted:

ask the average football fan to name a right tackle other than the one on their team, or a DT other than Aaron Donald. Playoff teams overpay for premium positions but these jokers are literally starting from the bottom, you should just be getting really great players at reasonable rates.

e- I'm sorry I'm normally not an argumentative person but i'm just pissed that my team was unable to sign Mike "The Glinch" McGlinchey because a desperate rear end team overpaid for him

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm starting to like Jack Sanborn

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

GNU Order posted:

I'm starting to like Jack Sanborn

Yeah he was solid filling in after roquan left, especially for an undrafted rookie.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Niwrad posted:

your cap space carries to the next year over you know*

* Teams do have to hit a salary floor - 90% of the cap iirc - but that is calculated *weirdly* and includes stuff like IR contracts and iirc it's not calculated until like the 3rd or 4th week of the season

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

adaz posted:

your cap space carries to the next year over you know*

* Teams do have to hit a salary floor - 90% of the cap iirc - but that is calculated *weirdly* and includes stuff like IR contracts and iirc it's not calculated until like the 3rd or 4th week of the season

Bears need to hit that floor, it's this year, but it's before the end of the league year I believe.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
My Mom is complaining that they didn't need to put 'a cadaver' stint in her because she'd already pre-named it "George"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Jack Samborn

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/prideofdetroit/status/1635604808244637696?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Seems appropriate. Doesn't understand the game and gets clowned on because of it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1635494903185567745?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Maybe he's asking for a lot of blouses to be included, or possibly a little red corvette?