Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What LS is it?

E) is Parasite worm launcher good for anything or basically just as novelty as it seems?

https://twitter.com/d2lostsector/status/1635324870862209024?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

It’s good for burst DPS in encounters where you’ll have done a bunch of add clear beforehand. Stuff like Atraks and most strike bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine a raid or dungeon boss, but they're just a little guy. Insanely dangerous, crazy abilities, but not big, just a little guy. Tiny boss.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine a raid or dungeon boss, but they're just a little guy. Insanely dangerous, crazy abilities, but not big, just a little guy. Tiny boss.

Good news: https://gizmodo.com/grower-versus-shower-science-penis-erections-1850219434

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally got into the vex invasion event, with a couple of pubbies who seemed to know what they were doing, and the game crashed. Lol

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Completed the LF campaign. Died a bunch to the finalboss only because I kept getting flung off the loving platform and anyway I'm glad to be done with all of that for now. Actually mostly liked the rest of the campaign.

Wee I'm spooderman

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

Finally got into the vex invasion event, with a couple of pubbies who seemed to know what they were doing, and the game crashed. Lol

the ONLY way to handle the Big Vex Event is to ping an entire discord of heavy hitters that there’s an event on you so at least one person can descend upon your instance and rain holy vengeance and exotics upon you all

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Lmao this loving wireframe bug is really chuffing my nuts

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Parasite is pretty good vs Calus during his first phase

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I am invisible like 50% of the time.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I am functionally invincible like 50% of the time.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

:catstare:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Heir Apparent is pretty good for Nezarec, I was hitting solid damage and I was never out of ammo. Kinda wanna try Sleeper but idk if I can hit those, especially when Nez jitters around like a bunny on cocaine.

I will continue to see people insist on rockets and kill themselves however.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

arsenicCatnip posted:

Heir Apparent is pretty good for Nezarec, I was hitting solid damage and I was never out of ammo. Kinda wanna try Sleeper but idk if I can hit those, especially when Nez jitters around like a bunny on cocaine.

I will continue to see people insist on rockets and kill themselves however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7amYQ2DE3E

more and more people need to embrace the dakka

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

heir apparent loving rules and I already knew it was a good DPS option from when I used it on rhulk back in classy restore, I honestly think I'm hitting less damage on nezarec cause there's just less damage to do.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Between the seasonal artifact artifact giving an extra fire bolt grenade, better scorch, and spawning a fire sprite, it almost seems like my Ashen Wake build is better without Ashen Wake. What exotic armor could I replace it with though?

I don’t have Heart of Innermost Light or Loreley’s. Loreley’s seems kind of wasted on a Solar build anyway. I have Hallowfire, but I feel like I never notice a difference when it’s on.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Here, a parent Nezarec:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Here, a parent Nezarec:

My dude would drink stag, but otherwise right on the money

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Between the seasonal artifact artifact giving an extra fire bolt grenade, better scorch, and spawning a fire sprite, it almost seems like my Ashen Wake build is better without Ashen Wake. What exotic armor could I replace it with though?

I don’t have Heart of Innermost Light or Loreley’s. Loreley’s seems kind of wasted on a Solar build anyway. I have Hallowfire, but I feel like I never notice a difference when it’s on.

Phoenix Cradle? Path of Burning Steps?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Armamentarium

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pain is french for bread, so Nez being the Final God of Bread explains a whole lot.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

It's this.

Wait, poo poo does it non-bo with the Seasonal Perk?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7amYQ2DE3E

more and more people need to embrace the dakka

I've never knew this gun existed... it looks super cool!

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

if you know what you’re doing and have time to prep Parasite is insane single-target damage but I don’t think it’s the meta anywhere at this time.

I didn't care for how Parasite fires so I never did much with it, but what do you have to do prep-wise? You mean choose the right gear/mods or do you have to do something with the gun first like revision zero or quicksilver storm where you get kills to charge an alt firing mode?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Parasite’s damage scales with the number of kills you made since it was last equipped or fired, up to 20 stacks (I don’t think it’s literally 20x the damage). So you may have to run around dodging the boss for a bit, or keep in mind not to fire it in the runup to the final encounter, depending on what you’re doing

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Listerine posted:

I didn't care for how Parasite fires so I never did much with it, but what do you have to do prep-wise? You mean choose the right gear/mods or do you have to do something with the gun first like revision zero or quicksilver storm where you get kills to charge an alt firing mode?

Getting kills while you have it equipped gives it stacks of a buff. It can be with any of your weapons or abilities, just as long as it's in your heavy slot. Red bar enemies give it 1 charge, orange bar enemies give it 5, and the maximum number of stacks is 20. So for bosses with short damage windows and/or lots of adds around, you can do a huge amount of damage.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

MJeff posted:

Phoenix Cradle? Path of Burning Steps?

I don’t have any of those :(

I finally beat Downfall on Legendary. Just had to really take my time and clear adds. I still really like Skyburner’s Oath. I know that primary exotics are pretty weak, but it just feels great. That and a special shotgun in my primary slot with the Strand machine gun feels like it covers all my bases. Probably dogshit single target DPS, but if I’m actually doing hard content I typically put myself on add duty just so I’m not handicapping my team anyway.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

I don’t have any of those :(

I finally beat Downfall on Legendary. Just had to really take my time and clear adds. I still really like Skyburner’s Oath. I know that primary exotics are pretty weak, but it just feels great. That and a special shotgun in my primary slot with the Strand machine gun feels like it covers all my bases. Probably dogshit single target DPS, but if I’m actually doing hard content I typically put myself on add duty just so I’m not handicapping my team anyway.

Exotic Primaries and trace rifles have a 40% buff in damage against red bars including any effects they cause. They are practically the only primaries worth using right now.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
lmao legend lost sectors are unplayable

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i generally consider myself to be pretty bad at this game but i had no real trouble with the LLS and MLS that i tried earlier. poo poo, i even managed to flawless a MLS on accident. what's the stumbling block that folks are encountering?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Kith posted:

i generally consider myself to be pretty bad at this game but i had no real trouble with the LLS and MLS that i tried earlier. poo poo, i even managed to flawless a MLS on accident. what's the stumbling block that folks are encountering?

I mean it's everything, but like, the bosses that can just loving oneshot you are up there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

Exotic Primaries and trace rifles have a 40% buff in damage against red bars including any effects they cause. They are practically the only primaries worth using right now.

Except Quicksilver Storm, which is bugged

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
I’m assuming LLs are maybe fine if it’s a decent one AND you’ve already poopsocked your way to a reasonable power delta around the fixed -20 AND you’re super familiar with all the necessary mechanics, but absent any one of those three (for me, it’s the light level delta) they suck huge rear end

I’ve solo flawlessed most all the pre-lightfall ones on master, and earlier this week I went into Carl’s house at 1790 to try a legend and it was the most loving unfun boring poo poo ever, and I spent like 25 minutes to plink away at guys before I died from some bullshit. Coincidentally I haven’t played since!

Foh with this stupid revamp lol

I’ve heard some really funny poo poo about what it’s like to play Legend Dares of Eternity now lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
LLSs are +20 delta, not minus. You can keep levelling until 20 over the recommended level.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

syntaxfunction posted:

LLSs are +20 delta, not minus. You can keep levelling until 20 over the recommended level.

It's 1830! The Pinnacle cap for this season and the next is 1810, grinding to +40 artifact power is lunacy. +20 to be at parity is at season pass level 210ish, and to get to+50 is like 500+

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I’ve heard some really funny poo poo about what it’s like to play Legend Dares of Eternity now lol

The Crota fight is some bullshit. Got the bonus round the one time I ran it and I swear half of us were dead at any given time. I can't imagine who tested that and thought they were good to go.

Bungie has never been averse to killing you really fast but the current sandbox difficulty feels less like a design decision and more like a cheap shot; like they felt they had to ship some kind of change after content creators started piling on about powercreep over the last year but they couldn't fundamentally rebuild the game in response to how they had fundamentally rebuilt our characters.

And what really gets me is that my Gyrfalcon + Le Monarqe build theoretically feels stronger than ever, but it feels less like a well executed power fantasy and more like it's carrying me, like the instant I stop leaning all the way in on that power I just get demolished. I have to play the build to its utmost potential at all times. They didn't leave any room to breath.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

I’ll get right on that, boss

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not disagreeing that it's dumb, I'm just pointing out it's not a static negative delta jfc

I've said before in the thread that the 1830 requirement is a weird and dumb design choice, and that ideally it should be much lower (soft cap imo), maybe a -10 delta, have much higher reward rates, and allow teams to get the rewards. This makes them mini world dungeons.

Right now the like 25% chance for an exotic, plus 1830 requirement, plus it has to be solo'd is dumb. But I was just clarifying a single point you loving drama queens.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
yeah, i've been farming the LLS at ~1806 tonight and right now it feels similar to the difficulty they've always been except better because match game doesn't exist anymore

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm not disagreeing that it's dumb, I'm just pointing out it's not a static negative delta jfc

I've said before in the thread that the 1830 requirement is a weird and dumb design choice, and that ideally it should be much lower (soft cap imo), maybe a -10 delta, have much higher reward rates, and allow teams to get the rewards. This makes them mini world dungeons.

Right now the like 25% chance for an exotic, plus 1830 requirement, plus it has to be solo'd is dumb. But I was just clarifying a single point you loving drama queens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kith posted:

Not being able to effectively whittle down an overload champ.
In between playing hide and seek with shots, he'll pop his barrier and heal.
By time I can kill the barrier he's fully healed.

It's poo poo.