Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

fez_machine posted:

Also if you look at old wrestling matches they're very very heavy on over the top mime. (Which is great because comedy is an essential partner to wrestling)

Rick Rude selling atomic drops immediately springs to mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i trust Dave's stories the most and those are mostly about fans fighting each other and getting into knife fights in the parking lot for no reason so it's really just that everyone was bored, huffing leaded gasoline and the drinking age was lower and rarely enforced

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Has Cornette spoken about one of his guys Jeff Jarrett having to do spots with/sell for Orange Cassidy?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Rock n Roll Express have worked with the Bucks and I believe in GCW with Janela so it's not exactly new territory for him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Rock n Roll Express have worked with the Bucks and I believe in GCW with Janela so it's not exactly new territory for him.

Ricky also feels like one of the first of the old-timers to praise how the current generation does thing in general, at least publicly on Twitter. I have to imagine somebody snitched tagged to Corny at least a few times about it and I've wondered if it sticks in his craw.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ricky loves doing destroyers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/EDGXR5/status/1635474053787013124

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Yeah, thats sickening.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

what the gently caress

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Dave mentioned that Fowler tried to organise a send nice messages to riho thing because the cornette fuckos had got so hosed she left social media. Said same fuckos tried to sneak more abuse into the send nice messages batch.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't know if Kenny can sue, but this is some real glass-house poo poo from a guy who, if I'm not mistaken, shared a locker room with Grizzly Smith and probably other assorted creeps over the years.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jim Cornette is a vile piece of poo poo who says viles things online and anyone that is a fan of his is also a piece of poo poo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/LightMatane/status/1635469743778938881?s=20

It gets much worse as he invokes Hana Kimura to make a point about Riho

Too bad that brainless poster from earlier in the thread probably missed this episode because he was listening to “Nicest Things Cornette Has Said Compilation 😍😍”

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 14, 2023

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/LightMatane/status/1635469743778938881?s=20

It gets much worse as he invokes Hana Kimura to make a point about Riho

Too bad that brainless poster from earlier in the thread probably missed this episode because he was listening to “Nicest Things Cornette Has Said Compilation 😍😍”

Hi, brainless here. I'm listening to the show and this segment just now. I think the quoted comments are the edgiest things in the conversation, which essentially is boiling down to:

edit: Just to be clear the sentences in quotes below are basically my abbreviated summary of the discussion between Jim Cornette and Brian Last:

"Yeah the internet sucks. We also get death threats on our family all the time, we block them.

People assuming it's the fault of Cornette and his fans (and attacking them) are assuming a lot (Brian Last flub at making a ReVeNgE aSsUmPtiOn on Kenny Omega - Omega's comments about American fans harassing Riho is why they brought up Hana Kimura, I don't think that was needed at all).

Don't harass anyone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-1rVFPWEA

I don't agree with everything Cornette says, btw, but since you referred to me. I don't like 99% of comments he makes about women's wrestling in general. I also don't like what Hasan Abi said about the Hogwarts game or his failed allyship with the transgender community - but I'm not assumed to be a brainless bastard because I still listen to a bunch of his content.

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 14, 2023

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

shut the gently caress up idiot

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

shut the gently caress up idiot

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

Hi, brainless here. I'm listening to the show and this segment just now. I think the quoted comments are the edgiest things in the conversation, which essentially is boiling down to:

Yeah the internet sucks. We also get death threats on our family all the time, we block them.

People assuming it's the fault of Cornette and his fans (and attacking them) are assuming a lot (Brian Last flub at making a ReVeNgE aSsUmPtiOn on Kenny Omega - Omega's comments about American fans harassing Riho is why they brought up Hana Kimura, I don't think that was needed at all).

Don't harass anyone.

I don't agree with everything Cornette says, btw, but since you referred to me. I don't like 99% of comments he makes about women's wrestling in general. I also don't like what Hasan Abi said about the Hogwarts game or his failed allyship with the transgender community - but I'm not assumed to be a brainless bastard because I still listen to a bunch of his content.
Have you ever asked yourself why you crave attention from people who hate you without even thinking that you're particularly worth hating

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
You know that you do not have to take bait when it is presented, right

And furthermore, when bait is presented, you don’t have to take it and huffily tuck it in your jacket while insisting that you were right the whole time and everyone is being a meanie, all while totally missing the point

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

Yeah the internet sucks. We also get death threats on our family all the time, we block them.

Don't harass anyone.

Im going to beat you over the head with steel chairs until you have enough concussions you cant look at a computer screen anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Alaois posted:

Im going to beat you over the head with steel chairs until you have enough concussions you cant look at a computer screen anymore

Cool.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maybe if you hold the things that cornette and this hasan person have said in such low esteem, you should stop listening to them?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The problem isn't that you listen to Cornette it's that you defend dumb and awful poo poo he says. It's one thing to agree with his takes about modern wrestling and another to downplay his role in directing harassment towards certain wrestlers. It's whatever for him to poo poo talk people like Kenny or The Bucks who he has a personal history and back and forth with. Obviously he goes too far in those instances (insinuating Kenny is a pedophile or making homophobic jokes), but Riho has done nothing to deserve more than a normal critique you'd have of a wrestler. That doesn't include "jokes" that she was groomed since childhood by Kenny Omega and that her accomplishments are only the result of this imagined relationship with him.

It was very easy to just come in and say you find this poo poo abhorrent and indefensible, or just stop posting.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Hausu Usher posted:

edit: Just to be clear the sentences in quotes below are basically my abbreviated summary of the discussion between Jim Cornette and Brian Last:

"Yeah the internet sucks. We also get death threats on our family all the time, we block them.

Don't harass anyone."

Cool now explain why it’s alright that Brian Last said maybe she got off twitter because she’s in an abusively controlling relationship with Kenny Omega and people should think about that instead before they blame the innocent souls of twitter.com

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lamuella posted:

If someone in a wrestling ring did the waffle house chair catch I would pop like a motherfucker.

https://twitter.com/WeekendTwitr/status/1607919795726438401?t=LNUfe-3Tf5kumjSrvWV6Ig&s=19

You mean like this?

https://i.imgur.com/3jFfb6H.mp4

(RoH Supercard of Honor 2022)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/search?q=aubrey%20(from%3Aaewbotches)&src=typed_query&f=live cornette has been signal boosting this guy recently, zero chance he really gives a poo poo about people harassing others.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The problem isn't that you listen to Cornette it's that you defend dumb and awful poo poo he says. It's one thing to agree with his takes about modern wrestling and another to downplay his role in directing harassment towards certain wrestlers. It's whatever for him to poo poo talk people like Kenny or The Bucks who he has a personal history and back and forth with. Obviously he goes too far in those instances (insinuating Kenny is a pedophile or making homophobic jokes), but Riho has done nothing to deserve more than a normal critique you'd have of a wrestler. That doesn't include "jokes" that she was groomed since childhood by Kenny Omega and that her accomplishments are only the result of this imagined relationship with him.

It was very easy to just come in and say you find this poo poo abhorrent and indefensible, or just stop posting.

I've edited my post to better show that part of it is a summary of what Jim Cornette and Brian Last were saying on the segment of their podcast, not necessarily things I believe or subscribe to. The clips being posted are really just fuel for the folk already angry about him to be more justified in their anger.

The Kenny comments were literally "oh, so you guys make assumptions it's because of us??? Wellll HERE'S SOME ASSUMPTIONS" absolute shite attempt at an ironic counter-attack. I wouldn't even think twice about it but for the amount of people who are now sharing it 24/7. Yes the historic rants about Kenny Omega are rank rotten and if you are already upset about the Kenny Omega comments and then you hear this clip, I can see why you think it's bringing it up again. In the context of the conversation on the podcast I just saw it as a bad attempt at irony.

Hana Kimura was brought up because "American fans" are being assumed to be at fault for Riho leaving Twitter. That left an awful taste in the mouth whether it was relevant or not, but also don't think it makes sense to share a clip of it where it seems like they're mocking or laughing about the whole situation.

I don't think it's worth the amount of pearl clutching and hyper-nuts some people are getting about it. If you listen to the segment it has a bunch of needling to AEW, Kenny and Riho fans - but the message was bracketed about experiences on social media not being great and saying not to harass anybody.

Cornette reserves the right to rant, criticise and mock anyone involved in the profession and I guess that makes sense because that's why his podcasts are popular.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The term “brainless” is so much more harmful than anything Jim Cornette has said. Because you would literally die without a brain, so in a way you’re kind of wishing death on someone else. So much for being tolerant :(

This kind of comment is just so silly and needless. If you didn't want me to :justpost: then don't bring me up, block me, just anything other than this weird poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 14, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The term “brainless” is so much more harmful than anything Jim Cornette has said. Because you would literally die without a brain, so in a way you’re kind of wishing death on someone else. So much for being tolerant :(

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Hausu Usher posted:

This kind of comment is just so silly and needless. If you didn't want me to :justpost: then don't bring me up, block me, just anything other than this weird poo poo.

I didn’t mention you by name. I’ve sparred with several Cornette Stans during this thread and you self selected for the “brainless” comment.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Hausu Usher posted:

I've edited my post to better show that part of it is a summary of what Jim Cornette and Brian Last were saying on the segment of their podcast, not necessarily things I believe or subscribe to. The clips being posted are really just fuel for the folk already angry about him to be more justified in their anger.

The Kenny comments were literally "oh, so you guys make assumptions it's because of us??? Wellll HERE'S SOME ASSUMPTIONS" absolute shite attempt at an ironic counter-attack. I wouldn't even think twice about it but for the amount of people who are now sharing it 24/7. Yes the historic rants about Kenny Omega are rank rotten and if you are already upset about the Kenny Omega comments and then you hear this clip, I can see why you think it's bringing it up again. In the context of the conversation on the podcast I just saw it as a bad attempt at irony.

Hana Kimura was brought up because "American fans" are being assumed to be at fault for Riho leaving Twitter. That left an awful taste in the mouth whether it was relevant or not, but also don't think it makes sense to share a clip of it where it seems like they're mocking or laughing about the whole situation.

I don't think it's worth the amount of pearl clutching and hyper-nuts some people are getting about it. If you listen to the segment it has a bunch of needling to AEW, Kenny and Riho fans - but the message was bracketed about experiences on social media not being great and saying not to harass anybody.

Cornette reserves the right to rant, criticise and mock anyone involved in the profession and I guess that makes sense because that's why his podcasts are popular.

Why are you even bothering to post this

You used all these words and the only real takeaway is “you all aren’t being fair to jim cornette :(“ and you have absolutely not spent a single brain cycle trying to understand a single thing anyone has said to you, about you, or more importantly, about cornette

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i keep forgetting what that guys name used to be before he changed it when everyone started to recognize him for being one of the stupidest losers on this website

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jim Cornette is the Rush Limbaugh of wrestling

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Shard posted:

If only

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Alaois posted:

i keep forgetting what that guys name used to be before he changed it when everyone started to recognize him for being one of the stupidest losers on this website

bisondolla

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cornette, the guy with a restraining order filed against him because he threatened to shoot Russo, saying "Just block them."

What an rear end

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shard posted:

a pill popping pedophile?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Here's what they meant and why. this is my post regarding the hosed up harmful things said on this podcast which everyone is currently commenting on. please ignore what was said. I don't like it. the lessons i've learned from the guy and his friend who make up sexual assault stories a lot is that everyone needs to be cordial and decent, and to block those who are not. thank u from directly up my dumb rear end hole

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You mean like this?

https://i.imgur.com/3jFfb6H.mp4

(RoH Supercard of Honor 2022)

I did in fact pop like a motherfucker for this.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

The Hausu Usher posted:

what is wrong with you

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

dracula vladdy AF posted:

what is wrong with you

british

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Hausu Usher posted:

Honestly they're not that popular. The video where he said vile poo poo about Riho only got 13k views on youtube. He gets about 1 video a week that hits 100k.