Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
The loot on that floating island that appears (can appear?) late in the match is wild, the overclocked pulse rifle just completely carried me to my first win of the season. I love how much poo poo is going on on the island this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yon posted:

The loot on that floating island that appears (can appear?) late in the match is wild, the overclocked pulse rifle just completely carried me to my first win of the season. I love how much poo poo is going on on the island this time around.

Yeah I’ve claimed the loot island twice now. It’s going to be a lot of fun when it turns into a weekly challenge to claim it 3 times or something. I already had a great sword fight trying to get it the first time.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

the Cobra DMR and the medium ammo clip Augment is an incredible combo.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

The island is basically: Die fighting to take it, or die later to the pulse rifle

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got my first victory of the season last night. I dropped near some house and within a minute someone broke through the ceiling and into my crosshairs. They dropped a crown (sucks to be them, I’ve been there before). Got two heavy sniper headshots in the match, one to someone who was stock still on a rooftop looking elsewhere and the other was in the final 10 on a different skyscraper in Mega City. I would have sworn they saw the glint because they were breaking down a wall facing right at me, but no. They dropped a crown too, along with two mythics including the havoc pump shotgun. Kept a low profile until the final three, where I was lucky enough to see the last two survivors get into a firefight. I picked off the survivor with my new shotty.

I feel no remorse about my one-shot elims. Headshots aren’t easy if the target is well hidden or moving, and they feel sick as hell. It’s not my fault you have a juicy watermelon on your shoulders.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Came across teams last night where guys were running multiple snipers with the sniping augment. Just not a fun set up, especially in no builds. Going to be a long season!

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I’ve been looking to take a break (playing since season 2, episode 7), and this seems like the season to do it. Between the meh skins on the battle pass, continued EXP nerfs, and the sniper heavy meta, I’m happy to take some time off.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
How was the exp nerfed?

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Mr Hootington posted:

How was the exp nerfed?

Less exp for gameplay and running matches, compared to the 80k for each level. Even a victory Royale with 8 kills might only net me 20k.

Dailies get you 1k each; with the 15k each for your first three; but that’s still a 45k; not quite a full level. The weeklies help, but the fat 25-40k weeklies they used to have continue to get stripped to 16k’s; some of which are odious to complete.

I appreciate they want to get people playing each day, and logging in at least once a week. I’m glad they restored the weeklies from expiring last season, but I really felt the grind last season to make 100. Seeing everyone’s fortnite.gig’s bore that out; people with level 200+ all logged 50+ hours, which is just too much.

E: I also note that they introduced the “buy levels with Vbux” around the same time they starting reducing XP; just feels bad

Dalaram fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 14, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dalaram posted:

Less exp for gameplay and running matches, compared to the 80k for each level. Even a victory Royale with 8 kills might only net me 20k.

Dailies get you 1k each; with the 15k each for your first three; but that’s still a 45k; not quite a full level. The weeklies help, but the fat 25-40k weeklies they used to have continue to get stripped to 16k’s; some of which are odious to complete.

I appreciate they want to get people playing each day, and logging in at least once a week. I’m glad they restored the weeklies from expiring last season, but I really felt the grind last season to make 100. Seeing everyone’s fortnite.gig’s bore that out; people with level 200+ all logged 50+ hours, which is just too much.

E: I also note that they introduced the “buy levels with Vbux” around the same time they starting reducing XP; just feels bad

I didn't know they nerfed match exp.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I did notice that XP in Save The World got toned down too, even before they took away the "supercharged xp" event at the end of C4S1. Still the better way to get levels unless you're lucky enough to come across one of the broken creative maps before Epic pulls it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That Vallahala map used to give broken amounts of exp

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

KingShiro posted:

I did notice that XP in Save The World got toned down too, even before they took away the "supercharged xp" event at the end of C4S1. Still the better way to get levels unless you're lucky enough to come across one of the broken creative maps before Epic pulls it.

Yeah sadly the best creative map that someone posted and I've been secretly PM'ing people who seemed like they needed an exp farm is now half broken too, the weapons can't be picked up for some reason so it's not working so great.

The save the world exp got reduced from 33k per daily to 21k per daily, the mission exp is about the same I think? Not really sure. Good thing I don't really care much about the skins this season anyways beyond the anime guy and that's going to be an entire separate thing anyways.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

There was a snowboarding map that was my go-to to farm XP where you got bonuses every 5 minutes for your cumulative trick score. This carried over between matches, so once you had a decent score you could just log in to the map then walk away and get a level or two. Now it only gives you XP if you pull off a trick in the 5 minutes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
XP feels just right imo. With weekly quest fixed, it will be easy to get 100+. I’m already in the mid 20s and it is just the start of the season.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

outfit reaction

https://twitter.com/FN_Assist/status/1635014495595827200

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know what spending 250 bricks to tip the bus driver does? It was the purchase option from the farm girl npc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone know what spending 250 bricks to tip the bus driver does? It was the purchase option from the farm girl npc.

Nothing. Just a way to spend bars

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Mr Hootington posted:

Nothing. Just a way to spend bars

it does tell everyone still in the match that you tipped the bus driver. that's it though

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
How many games do you play against bots at first? I assume the ones I won were all bots. I think I've played 3 rounds that had people.

What does a common loadout look like in this? I'm not sure which of these items I should be holding since it's not like other BRs with a fixed number of things that equals how many slots you have or you have a bigger pack like in Apex.

There's so much bonus stuff to do. Should I bother with any of it or just focus on running around finding boxes and killing people?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

KingKapalone posted:

How many games do you play against bots at first? I assume the ones I won were all bots. I think I've played 3 rounds that had people.

What does a common loadout look like in this? I'm not sure which of these items I should be holding since it's not like other BRs with a fixed number of things that equals how many slots you have or you have a bigger pack like in Apex.

There's so much bonus stuff to do. Should I bother with any of it or just focus on running around finding boxes and killing people?

I think its for the first 5 levels iirc, but its more heavily slanted to bots than people and after you cross that threshold it becomes more people than bots.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

The first 3 games should have all bots.

A typical load out is 2-3 weapons with 1-2 medical items and a movement item. The best medical items are slurp juice, med-mist, small potions, slap juice, large pots, first aid kit, bandages.

The bonus stuff like quests? Do those for the battlepass.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I also know people play Prop Hunt in this. I saw some websites that list codes for different maps. I copied those into the game and matchmaking failed. Don't remember the error exactly. Do there need to be people already playing? Is there a way to browse/filter to any Prop Hunt type of game and see if there are people playing?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
My loadout is always shotgun, spray weapon, chug splash, mobility, long range.

You want to prioritize fast healing items. Med-kits are he worst because you need 10 uncontested seconds to use it, while chug splashes are the best because you can use while moving.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Here's the correct load out: tac pistol x4, healing item.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

5x katanas, cowards

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
One time I landed at the frozen dock and it was all burst rifles.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You deserved it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Shotgun, Cobra DMR, x2 Slurp jars, x2 Slurp jars (because your buddy in Duos doesn't use them), x6 Chug Splashes.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

5x katanas, cowards

Whether or not you can hold more than 1 katana at a time is like the first thing I checked, unfortunately they did not repeat their hammer mistake (something like 10-15 of my crowned wins last season were solo games where I had somewhere between 3 and 5 hammers, it owned).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Red eye, combat shotty, katana, splashes

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

dorium posted:

I think its for the first 5 levels iirc, but its more heavily slanted to bots than people and after you cross that threshold it becomes more people than bots.

As a newbie this has blown my mind 😬 I thought I was just lucky

I'm level 16 in this chapter - please tell me it's all humans. I just took out 7 people with the katana last round... Don't take that way from me...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My loadout has been

Assault rifle
SMG or sniper or some sort
Shotgun
Katana
Healing thingy

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like to run two shotguns because I hate aiming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I carry 5 shield mushrooms and just dance on the truck beds as someone else drives

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

Amphigory posted:

As a newbie this has blown my mind 😬 I thought I was just lucky

I'm level 16 in this chapter - please tell me it's all humans. I just took out 7 people with the katana last round... Don't take that way from me...

I’m afraid it’s never all humans. But I bet those 7 players all were!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
You'll learn how to identify bots pretty quickly. Poor accuracy, predictable pattern of shooting/not shooting, meleeing weird objects. You can find them fighting each other in odd corners of the map some times. They're usually named NounNoun## but to be fair my name follows that convention too so it's not 100%.

They make for good target practice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KingKapalone posted:

My favorite normal loadout is a Cobra DMR, Combat Shotgun or Maven , SMG or Suppressed AR, katana, and Med Mist.

Mr Hootington posted:

A typical load out is 2-3 weapons with 1-2 medical items and a movement item.

This guy nailed it. For weapons, try always having a long ranged, mid-ranged, and close ranged weapon in your loadout.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've had two victory royales, both in Slappy Shores and both with my snagging someone else's crown moments before the win.

150% earned.:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I’m really good at placing 2nd or 3rd.