Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Anetra is rapidly becoming my favourite Ru girl performer ever. Every performance of hers makes me go feral. That being said that was a double shantay down!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
we do be putting mayo on everything though

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

jimmydalad posted:

I’m still giggling at Anetra’s “Nipple ring” when she was getting into quick drag. Considering the shorter episodes up until now, it’s really impressive how memorable the front runner queens are. Sasha, Anetra, Mistress, Lux, Loosey and Salina are great in their own ways.

Yeah, but only Sasha, Anetra, and Mistress have a shot at winning

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I love Mistress but in my head the fact that she got the critique “she’s just not quite there yet” this week makes me feel like it’s most likely a neck and neck race between Sasha and Anetra for the win.

That was one the best lip syncs I’ve seen on the show and I’m so proud of 3xMarcia for loving turning it out and capping her whole time on Drag Race with a performance like that. She just earned herself a bunch of big time gigs and a guaranteed slot on an All Stars season after showing how hard she can turn the party. 🥳

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 11, 2023

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My wife and I are going to be in Boston in May for a Blink concert (my wife is a giant fan). I decided to look at what was near our hotel and there's a place directly next door that has live music. One of the nights we'll be there, Latrice Royale will be performing there and I got us two great seats and meet and greet.

She is my wife's favorite queen and I'm keeping this a surprise as long as I can.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

My wife and I are going to be in Boston in May for a Blink concert (my wife is a giant fan). I decided to look at what was near our hotel and there's a place directly next door that has live music. One of the nights we'll be there, Latrice Royale will be performing there and I got us two great seats and meet and greet.

She is my wife's favorite queen and I'm keeping this a surprise as long as I can.

That's awesome! Not really drag race related (although he is a big fan), but I'm currently debating on whether I want to go to NYC in June to see the Sufjan Stevens Illinois musical.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
As episodes have gone on, I’ve come to appreciate Loosey more and more. She’s such a pivotal part of making this season entertaining and her edit is hilarious to watch. I don’t want her to win, but I can’t imagine this season without her.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Not gonna lie when she said "you know how I keep my teeth white?" I reflexively expected her to go into the Paul Mooney bit but then I realized that would be way too spicy for Drag Race.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
DR15, I thought Marcia³ was perfectly fine. Not amazing, not bad. Definitely safe. Honestly thought Ms Titties and/or Ms Brooks should've been in the bottom over her. The lipsync we got was absolutely wild though, and I am so thankful! Both of them did incredible, and if this season has a double shantay it should have been this.

DR Sverige EP2, I was expecting a lot of cringe from the talent show, but I honestly think everyone did great! Except the one who actively refused to showcase a talent because apparently just existing is enough talent. I'd have a hard time choosing anyone else to put in the bottom, but in the end I agree that it had to come down to the fashion.
I was a bit disappointed that with the runway theme of Longstocking Eleganza, only one queen did something that even slightly resembled anything Pippi-like. I would have loved to see some absolutely dragged out Pippi realness, but maybe they weren't allowed to for legal reasons?
Overall DR Sverige isn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be. All the queens are relatable, fairly different (though mostly white), Robert Fux as a host has the gravitas and confidence needed, and I like that they actually went and came up with plausible swedish translations of all the show's catchphrases.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
I understand that I will never get my holy grail of unaired content in the season 12 unaired cut that I really want, but surely releasing hour long episodes of this season retrospectively wouldn't hurt, they have to have them ready :(

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Wow caught up on the season and wow.

Was sad to see Malaysia go, this was one time that I think even without production manipulation a queen really got to her own head and lost her confidence. You could tell during her lip sync she didn't have the same drive she had earlier in the season. Really loved her and can't wait to see what she does in the future.

Anetra loving what. Every time she lip syncs she does something I wasn't sure the human body was even capable of. The amount of body control and poise she has on the runway is mind blowing. She's just a little wanting in the comedy and acting department, but she also has the tools for that. Poor Marcia BROUGHT IT and it still wasn't enough. I think a double shantay would have been appropriate but we're maybe too far into the season and they gotta get to the final 4.

But drat Sasha Colby is the whole drat package. She's gotta have the inside track to take the whole thing. Unbelievable to see someone this polished, this talented and with 20 years experience under her belt. It's like Raja in season 3 but times 10.

Oh and Ali Wong's reactions to everything were just perfect

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It is kind of weird to make a cum on your face joke seconds after talking about how your daughters love watching the show though.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mike N Eich posted:

Wow caught up on the season and wow.

Poor Marcia BROUGHT IT and it still wasn't enough. I think a double shantay would have been appropriate but we're maybe too far into the season and they gotta get to the final 4.

I don't think the spoilers are needed, I think a season or two ago we agreed that spoiler tags aren't needed after the weekend an episode aired is over.

That said, regarding Marcia, I watched her Whatcha Packin video, and she admitted that she had only been performing in drag for about a year, and didn't go on the show hoping to win, she just wanted to show that she could do it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

This season does feel like it’s Sasha’s to lose. Even with amazing queens like Anetra and MIB, Sasha has that star quality about her where it’s almost like she’s untouchable and a goddess. The fact that she had so much hype coming into this season AND delivered is a testament to her star power. I’ve heard people predicting that the season is setting up Anetra beating Sasha in the finale lip sync but I can’t help but root for Sasha.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

DRSwe: I liiiived for Siw Malmkvist being all thirsty over the queens. Saw her do Cabaret at Stockholm Stadsteater like 10 years ago and had no idea she was still alive.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
This is Legendary, not Drag Race, but

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1635700794988306432
https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1635701246047952896
https://twitter.com/takecarehours/status/1635701119740510210

:stare:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I don't really know who he is other than google says he is Zendaya's stylist. The video at the end did that woman take his seat or something?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Is he just being super dramatic because Zendaya didn't let him sit front row over her with one seat left at that fashion show last week?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I don't really know who he is other than google says he is Zendaya's stylist. The video at the end did that woman take his seat or something?

Ah, should have clarified; he was a judge on the recently-canceled Legendary, HBO's ballroom competition show. There was some overlap with this thread, both interest-wise and contestant-wise (Aja was on the last season).

The two women in the video are Zendaya (his biggest client) and Emma Stone (who is a brand ambassador for one of the featured fashion lines).

Nihonniboku posted:

Is he just being super dramatic because Zendaya didn't let him sit front row over her with one seat left at that fashion show last week?

That's certainly what it looks like!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

That's certainly what it looks like!

Nobody is actually going to believe that he's retiring, but he's probably burning a lot of bridges. Stylists are disposable in Hollywood, there is always someone else willing to get paid a ton of money to dress millionaires.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah okay, thank you. Video was a bit blurry and I thought it was just some random woman that was taking his seat. (and my crappy laptop's crappy screen didn't help)

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I don’t know what is causing the shift, but people are coming around on Loosey Laduca. I think the “Let Loose” meme has been making rounds and that alongside Loosey leaning into the memes is helping me appreciate her. I’m really appreciating all the queens still in the running and I feel like more people should appreciate the character that Loosey is this season.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Justice for Loosey: she should have won the interview challenge.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/jasminekennedie/status/1636499663875440646

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Drag Race Belgique: I didn't mind Snatch Game as much. Usually, I find if the drag queens aren't used to entertaining by mimicry beyond simple looks, I won't "get" who the individual they're doing is. I won't know if it's good or be intrigued to learn more about the person. That wasn't the case for this Snatch Game. True, I knew about Serge, Vanessa, and the Singing Nun, but I didn't know the rest and still found it entertaining to this bourgeoisie, untrained American eyes. Still think putting Couenne in the bottom for a pretty good "drunk politician" act was weird. Maybe they want to shake her confidence?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

There are moments where I love the world we live in.

https://twitter.com/looseyladuca/status/1636801081421201413?s=46&t=7SnLl4Gv_3ioHDhSBPfYvw

This is one of those moments.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love that "I'll take the other role so you two can fight it out :munch:" has happened twice this season.

e: An actual good Rusical what?

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 18, 2023

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Well that decision was horse poo poo

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Noise Machine posted:

Well that decision was horse poo poo

It seemed like it was a foregone conclusion before the lipsync.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Producer riggery! Estitties DEFINITELY did better than paint-by-numbers-lipsync-Laduca. And Estitties did fine in the musical. Was it just me, or did the camera pan away when Sasha flubbed the lipsync in the Rusical?

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 18, 2023

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

lol at Anetra being a real one for saying her best friend is single in Untucked

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Wait, the end of Untucked there, did they not show the puppet mini challenge??? Those are always amazing to watch.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh Loosey/Luxx/Mistress

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That was a really, really, really good Rusical. Actually maybe the best episode of the season. Even if my favorite went home (unjustly) :(

And finally a Kate Bush lip sync!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I really didn't like the lip synch. I love, love, love the song but hated the lip synch.

Loosey has a lot of feelings and you know, I'm here for it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
What's strange about that lip sync was that it was probably a very last minute decision to choose that song since that song had been off the international consciousness for over 30 years until that big cultural moment that happened maybe the week it was filmed. They probably had to make a very fast change in licensing rights to get it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Wait, the end of Untucked there, did they not show the puppet mini challenge??? Those are always amazing to watch.

That was Mistress's Kelly or Michelle puppet for her Beyonce runway

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Man, that was a lame lip sync. I know I badmouthed Salina for just copying the Single Ladies choreography, but if either one of them had done that for this song it would have been amazing.

I don't agree with who got sent home based purely on the lip sync, but when I look at their overall performance it makes sense.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I know she’s edited to be the villain, but I can’t help but enjoy Loosey. I don’t expect/want her to win, but she is great to watch and I always appreciate a level of delusion/self confidence. I honestly really enjoy all of this cast and it’s getting very difficult to see these queens go home.

The Rusical was amazing this week. It seems like the producers have a good idea of how to do a rusical well with the success of Moulin Ru and Wigloose, the probably have the format for them down pat and make sure the girls that make it to the episode can actually perform.

Considering the fact that these were filmed like a year in advance, the timing of the Rusical was extremely on the nose. It’s impressive how topical Drag Race can be at times and it feels like an episode like this couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s a good reminder how Ru is still an advocate and the nature & importance of drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

...y'all really thought that Rusical was good? That was probably the worst one I've seen in the last few years.

The actual queens did amazing with what they were given, but the skit itself was just god awful