Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
“I think under the stand your ground law, Mr. Popper was perfectly reasonable and justified in his actions,” said Robert Gershman, the attorney representing Popper. “There was no question when you look and listen to the facts of the case, Mr. Popper was shot at.”
Popper said he is ready to move forward with his life.
“Hindsight is 20/20. There are always things we can look back and say we wish we could have done differently. Definitely, I would have done --would be to not have pumped my brakes. I would have taken another tactic. Definitely try to de-escalate a little better,” he said.

lmao just an absolutely diseased nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Xaris posted:

if you don’t have at least 3 cars you might be gay and have a small dick (worst possible combination)

Being gay is actually the best time to have a small dick because you can just bottom. If you were straight you'd be in trouble.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

truly insane, he should be rotting in prison (lol florida).

https://twitter.com/becausemiami/status/1634660185397514243

lol he knew it was a water bottle

unbelievable

Apr 7, 2003

A significant proportion of this country thinks that guy should have been allowed to execute someone for throwing a water bottle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whys he filming himself

Apr 7, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

whys he filming himself

Keepsake video for the time he murdered someone and got away with it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Keepsake video for the time he murdered someone and got away with it

That specific guy didn't actually kill anyone, probably because he shut his eyes and fired his gun wildly through his windshield while accelerating

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Screaming the battle hymn of the republic as I blast my way through rush hour traffic

Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That specific guy didn't actually kill anyone, probably because he shut his eyes and fired his gun wildly through his windshield while accelerating

He absolutely went out that day intending to kill someone and was just waiting for the barest excuse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This is america though and that's not a crime

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

He absolutely went out that day intending to kill someone and was just waiting for the barest excuse.

That day?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
like to see a duel between John Popper's large adult son and George Zimmerman.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
thank you to the extremely cool people who helped me out. god bless and cars esse delendam

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Sometimes you just gotta commit attempted murder.

Tough, but those are the facts of life

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WaryWarren posted:

like to see a duel between John Popper's large adult son and George Zimmerman.

i have decided to adopt a harm reduction platform wrt to gun violence: people are gonna shoot each other, ok? we need to provide SAFE, LEGAL areas for our men to Duel, and get immediate medical attention after dueling.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I want some red state to legit bring back dueling so we can lib hot takes about gender equality in duel arenas

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i have decided to adopt a harm reduction platform wrt to gun violence: people are gonna shoot each other, ok? we need to provide SAFE, LEGAL areas for our men to Duel, and get immediate medical attention after dueling.

Pretty sure this is explicitly Robert Evans' plan for Florida once he becomes Emperor of America.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I don't know that it would help it at all, but I'm confident legalized dueling couldn't make the mass shooting problem any worse

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Stand your ground law is just dueling with more rules.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Stand your ground law is just dueling with more rules.
It's dueling if both people try to shoot each other

Not so much if it's just murdering someone who isn't actually harming you

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's all about working the rules to get the upper hand so that you can legally fire first.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that's what I'm saying, that's why we need to
POINT 1: LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/1-person-dead-after-shooting-banksville/ZW4IPVNVJJFCRP6KYVWJC6B7V4/

A road rage shooting a few blocks from my house yesterday during evening rush hour. cool

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

mystes posted:

It's dueling if both people try to shoot each other

Not so much if it's just murdering someone who isn't actually harming you

But isn't being black basically equivalent to trying to shoot you?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/1-person-dead-after-shooting-banksville/ZW4IPVNVJJFCRP6KYVWJC6B7V4/

A road rage shooting a few blocks from my house yesterday during evening rush hour. cool

lmfao getting out of your car to yell at someone.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Police say Amqui, Que., crash was deliberate, victims chosen at random

quote:

The driver of a pickup truck that slammed into a group of pedestrians in Amqui, Que., on Monday afternoon did so intentionally but chose his victims at random, the police said.

Provincial police have identified Steeve Gagnon, 38, an Amqui resident, as the driver.

Pickup truck driver hits multiple pedestrians, kills 2 in Amqui, Que.
Gagnon turned himself in, was arrested and has been charged with two counts of dangerous driving causing death. He is expected to appear in court later today.

Gérald Charest, 65, and Jean Lafrenière, 73, were killed and nine others were injured in the incident.

Claude Doiron, a spokesperson for the Sûreté du Québec (SQ), Quebec's provincial police force, said investigators believe Gagnon planned the act and did it deliberately, but chose his victims at random. Officers are treating the incident as a murder investigation, Doiron said.

Gagnon is co-operating with investigators, he added.

Of the nine surviving victims, three suffered serious injuries and are in critical condition and six others were being evaluated for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the SQ.

Six victims, including a baby and a toddler, were transferred by plane to the Hôpital de l'Enfant-Jésus trauma unit in Quebec City. They are both in stable condition, the CHU de Québec confirmed. Three adults remain in critical condition.

One victim is under observation at the Amqui hospital.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is steeve the french spelling of steve?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Real hurthling! posted:

is steeve the french spelling of steve?

Lmao, I asked the same thing in the Canada Thread in CSPAM. We had a tour guide on a high school ski trip to QC who spelled his name the same way. I wonder if it's disambiguation in case a Francophone unfamiliar with the name mispronounced it like the 'ev' in 'Beverly'.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Big cars are excellent terrorist weapons. We've seen it a few times in Germany and France I think, but I fear that American style trucks could do a lot more killing.

I think a Danish comedian made a joke that this would be the most cost efficient way of killing people, and the police basically went up to him and said that yeah, that's true, but maybe stop using that joke in case someone gets inspiration from it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wherever it was legal dueling (among common folk and not in the military) was inevitably banned explicitly because men would go around challenging weaker opponents to duels and murdering them basically unimpeded. Like imagine you get out of the army and move to the city and just challenge every barista who doesn't make your coffee right to a duel to the death (and if you go back far enough in history, you'd get to inherit all their stuff if you won). Legalized dueling just tends to breed an excess of violent thugs harassing your citizenry.

So yeah, basically it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Wherever it was legal dueling (among common folk and not in the military) was inevitably banned explicitly because men would go around challenging weaker opponents to duels and murdering them basically unimpeded. Like imagine you get out of the army and move to the city and just challenge every barista who doesn't make your coffee right to a duel to the death (and if you go back far enough in history, you'd get to inherit all their stuff if you won). Legalized dueling just tends to breed an excess of violent thugs harassing your citizenry.

So yeah, basically it wouldn't make much of a difference.

No the way I would do it would be better, I'd get rid of that part

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Huh I guess it's only a crime to hit someone with your car if they die?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Wait, didn't you have to consent to a duel? I imagine the baristas would just say no unless they had a death wish.

Okay, so maybe a lot of retail workers would get murdered.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
in my Legalized Dueling bill, all Dueling would have to take place at a sanctioned Dueling Center and be witnessed by the County Duel Master

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BonHair posted:

Wait, didn't you have to consent to a duel? I imagine the baristas would just say no unless they had a death wish.

Okay, so maybe a lot of retail workers would get murdered.

Yes but it was considered extremely dishonorable to refuse, basically admitting everything the challenger said about you was true, and you would be mocked ruthlessly. So, given this is America,

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

BonHair posted:

Big cars are excellent terrorist weapons. We've seen it a few times in Germany and France I think, but I fear that American style trucks could do a lot more killing.

In Toronto in 2018, an incel rented a van and drove it onto the sidewalk, killing 11 people. Last year he was sentenced to life in prison, possibility of parole after 25 years.

Two years ago in London, Ontario (about two hours west of Toronto), a guy drove his truck into a family of four (two 75-year-old women, a 46-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl), killing all of them, because they were Muslim. I think his trial is going on right now.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Actually, cars can be considered arms and are protected under the second amendment :patriot:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BonHair posted:

Actually, cars can be considered arms and are protected under the second amendment :patriot:

can't wait for this to unironically be presented before the supreme court

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

you got your car in my guns!

you got your guns in my car!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Screaming the battle hymn of the republic as I blast my way through rush hour traffic

Sherman's March to the Sea Part 2