Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Red shards well spent, I'm going to zoom right into some walls with my slick merulina skills and big numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Captainicus posted:

Red shards well spent, I'm going to zoom right into some walls with my slick merulina skills and big numbers

Try that with Subsumed Gloom to slow the enemies down, and Knell Prime which gets a flat Crit Multi, Status, infinite ammo buff if you keep landing headshots. Build it for Heat and the heat procs can stack high enough to melt level 9999 enemies without needing to strip their armor.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I already do use gloom, partly because it is very very good and also because what else are you going to subsume, nothing works while on merulina

also with watery energy colors it has a nice dark waves effect

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
As if my Banshee wasn't busted enough already:

Turns out her 1 can fully strip an enemy's armor WITHOUT the augment. It strips exactly 1/3 armor regardless of ability strength. If you're like me and already built for range with 5 yellows for huge cast speed, this is pretty much effortless to do.

Normally it is still better to keep spamming her sonar instead, as that will stack to 100x or more damage for all party members. But Demolishers / Demolysts clear Sonar every 5 seconds, whereas Sonic Boom will permanently strip their armor and also knock them backwards away from the objective, making it one of the few abilities that can permanently stall a Demo from reaching the objective.

-------------

Also, here's another bonus that I discovered in Simulacrum. Guess what can proc Archon Stretch? Panzer Vulpaphyla's spores, if you equip it with the Shock Collar mod. It procs on Electric damage, not status, and Panzer's spore attack has roughly the same cooldown as the Archon Stretch duration, so it's pretty much always up. You won't even find that super secret tech on the Wiki. On a similar note, you can proc the Growing Power aura with a Sentinel's weapon like Verglas, but you can't do both of these tricks at the same time; Archon Stretch wants abilities (Panzer) and Growing Power needs weapons (Sentinels)

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
You can also proc arcane effects with sentinel weapons, too. For instance, if you really wanted Primary Frostbite but like the Viral/Heat meta combo on your primary, just have your sentinel's Verglas proc it for you.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zero VGS posted:

Also, here's another bonus that I discovered in Simulacrum. Guess what can proc Archon Stretch? Panzer Vulpaphyla's spores, if you equip it with the Shock Collar mod. It procs on Electric damage, not status, and Panzer's spore attack has roughly the same cooldown as the Archon Stretch duration, so it's pretty much always up. You won't even find that super secret tech on the Wiki. On a similar note, you can proc the Growing Power aura with a Sentinel's weapon like Verglas, but you can't do both of these tricks at the same time; Archon Stretch wants abilities (Panzer) and Growing Power needs weapons (Sentinels)

Are you sure it procs on the spores and not just on the initial spine burst? I was under the impression that that "ownership" of the spores reverted back to the player and blocked most gimmicks like this...

... unless this is happening because ownership of the spores reverts back to the player, in which case it's the same bug but working in the player's favor.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
An addendum to Banshee being able to use her 1 (Sonic Boom) to strip armor from Demolishers (without the augment) and knock them back. When I tested it it was in Sedna Disruption, and the knockback and three-cast full armor strip both work (as long as the Demolisher doesn't have an active nullifier bubble up; 0.5 out of every 5 seconds that they can't be hit by it).

However, I tried it again in that open-desert Disruption map and found out that if you Sonic Boom the Demolisher off the map (like knock him off a cliff), it will respawn near or directly in front of the objective, even if he was 40 meters away from it. Also, other players will have some lag as to his position updates compared to your client-side latency. For you it looks like the Demolisher just quickly slides back 20 meters, but for other players it's just a "pop" teleport and might confuse them.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Are you sure it procs on the spores and not just on the initial spine burst? I was under the impression that that "ownership" of the spores reverted back to the player and blocked most gimmicks like this...

... unless this is happening because ownership of the spores reverts back to the player, in which case it's the same bug but working in the player's favor.

Eh that's what I mean, Spines. It still spams the Spines (4 second cooldown, plus about 1 second to "cast" it) and Archon Stretch proc lasts 5 seconds, so the uptime is consistent.

It doesn't work with spore damage, but not for the reason you gave; Spore Damage is not affected by mods, according to the wiki. What Spore Damage can proc however, is the "On Hit" from Arcane Strike.

Also strange, I tried it with the sentinel "Diriga" but it doesn't work because Arc Coil deals no damage to enemies, even though the text says it deals 100 electric.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 10, 2023

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I finally got around to getting fracturing crush and man, what a game changer for mag.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
This is another weird one I discovered... people always said that the Specter will never use the secondary weapon you give it except for Bleedout. But I gave a Wisp Specter a combination of Shedu and Epitaph (mostly because I wanted to avoid it running out of ammo and stopping to scavenge more ammo, and Shedu's fire/electric procs looked like decent CC), and now it fires the Shedu until the magazine empties then switches to Epitaph and uses that for about 5 seconds then switches back. It was doing this in a long Disruption mission and in Simulacrum as well. It will run out of Epitaph ammo, but you won't get the red ammo icon above the Specter's head like you do when they run out of primary ammo. It was finding Epitaph ammo often enough though, and the forced Cold procs were very helpful, especially since cold was buffed recently.

Now that I can get the Specter using secondary weapons, I wonder what else could be useful. Kuva Nukor for CO assistance maybe, or Tenet Cycron if I want it to run out of neither ammo pool?

Another note; Nourish will add viral to Specter weapons and they can then proc viral. Bonus synergy here with a Wisp Specter, as the Wisp Specter will give you shock motes which will constantly proc your Archon Flow, and Nourish will multiply the energy regen from it.

Last but not least, if you run a Specter, do yourself a favor and put an "Ally" waypoint on it, because they like to decide to "Hold Position" once in a while even if you never once press the interact button to give them the order. With a waypoint on them you can find out if they decide to loaf around.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
That change came with the specters requiring ammo patch.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Nalesh posted:

That change came with the specters requiring ammo patch.

Specters can run our of ammo now? That sucks

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

Specters can run our of ammo now? That sucks

Specters use your ammo now.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think that's only wuklone, specters have their own ammo pool and quite frankly it's just an argument for all battery weapons for everyone.

I'm really annoyed that DE has shirked away from just taking aim at the huge AoE, huge burst damage, huge sustained damage weapons and decided to poo poo on everyone equally, because even now it's easier to use a k bramma or zarr than playing otherwise, you just have to shoot once or twice instead of mashing mouse 1.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Late to the party, but I got citrine running, and she's way stronger than I expected.

Running a ton of range and power strength, with roar over her 4, she deletes entire waves just with her 1 and 3.

Did a defence on steel path in a trio and had 80% of the damage and a similar fraction of the kills, without even shooting much; the range on her 1 can get ridiculous, and it activates the rainbow beams of death. I had expected it to just be a status primer, but especially against corpus the toxin proc straight kills them.

In non defence missions she doesn't feel as crazy, but being able to just park the crystal and destroy everything, while running 90% dr and generating infinite health and energy, is certainly something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I am kinda torn on Metamorphic Magazine. The 20-round petrify is worthless, but loving hell does +90% mag cap and ammo cap feel NICE on that stupid gun. Wonder if it's worth it paired with Plated Round?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Does plated rounds work well enough with guns that have alt fires that use the whole magazine quickly like the Tenet Tetra, Stahlta, or Aeolak? Those guns defintely have the "use whole magazine quickly" part down, but do they have a big enough magazine to make it better than an acolyte arcane?

Edit: it looks like it matches Primary Merciless at 116 rounds, I'll have to farm it up and see what I can get on my Tetra. Maybe 1 magazine mod will push it over?

A Moose fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 13, 2023

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The Tenet Tetra is about the only weapon I can think of where it might be worth it, and even that's pretty marginal.

There's a couple others where it might be a fun-in-a-stupid-way gimmick (Trumna, Quellor), but in general I'd say stick to Merciless/Deadhead/Dexterity.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Is there a website I can upload my inventory to and it can tell me what my poo poo is worth? I have not played in a while, and have hundreds of vaulted relics and I'm curious if any of them are worth anything.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rakeris posted:

Is there a website I can upload my inventory to and it can tell me what my poo poo is worth? I have not played in a while, and have hundreds of vaulted relics and I'm curious if any of them are worth anything.

If you don't mind Overwolf snooping on you, Alecaframe is what you seek if you don't feel like plugging poo poo into warframe.market manually.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Eh, google and everyone else already snoops on me, what's one more eh? Thanks!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Helter Skelter posted:

If you don't mind Overwolf snooping on you, Alecaframe is what you seek if you don't feel like plugging poo poo into warframe.market manually.

What's the story with the snooping? I tried to find something more concrete than a reddit post but didn't have much luck.

It's definitely a bloated ad-deliverer but is there anything malicious going on?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mr Newsman posted:

What's the story with the snooping? I tried to find something more concrete than a reddit post but didn't have much luck.

It's definitely a bloated ad-deliverer but is there anything malicious going on?

I'm pretty sure it's just your fairly run of the mill telemetry but some folks have strong feelings about that sort of thing.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
It certainly does feel like it's gobbling up telemetry data, given how insistent it is that it starts at boot and touches about every thing it can get permission to touch.

The service is good though so I guess that's the price we pay until someone less skeevy comes along with a competitor.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Mr Newsman posted:

There's a couple of people on the Goon discord who insert themselves into every conversation about it and tell everyone it's evil. Overlaid, it's privacy policy is probably 3-words different than Steam and discords, which always makes this a weird hot take. Any app like it has to disclose that it can read all running processes etc. It has ads and runs all the time, but doesn't try to prevent you dealing with either "issue".

I wish they'd stop doing it because alecaframe is monstrously powerful and there is no alternative, especially to questions like Rakeris posted. DE built the alecaframe integration themselves, it does things you'd have to replace with hours of manually copying and pasting.

The reason overwolf got bad press is they bought out curseforge(sp?) and gaming blogs wrote clickbait articles about overwolf as a result.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

My hoard of relics will stay untouched 'til the end of time, or until I manage to crack them all (somewhere a few years before the end of time). No telemetry riddled ad software needed.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

qnqnx posted:

until I manage to crack them all (somewhere a few years before the end of time)
I realized pretty quickly that my preferred playstyle gets a lot more relics than i ever open, and i think at this point it'd take me like 30 nonstop days of running 2 minute capture fissures to get that number even into lower digits

.... i kinda wish i could use them as decorations just to fill my entire dormizone with cabbages

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah it would be nice if you could throw like 100 relics into a woodchipper and get something out of them. You could wait until the relics have something that is vaulted and try to sell them but nobody wants 100 relics with Hystrix parts

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I also cannot imagine the unholy hassle of selling relics even if you managed to hock 5 at a time. I've done it once or twice after seeing stuff in trade chat on a whim and, man, using that as a way to make plat just seems awful.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

A Moose posted:

yeah it would be nice if you could throw like 100 relics into a woodchipper and get something out of them. You could wait until the relics have something that is vaulted and try to sell them but nobody wants 100 relics with Hystrix parts

I've been wanting to suggest something like that for a long time - the Railjack void fissues don't get a ton of play because there's so few chase items and once you're done with them you can pretty much ignore the mode, and a common suggestion to DE has been to let you crack multiple relics at a time in it. DE has said that they want to avoid doing this because they don't want to create a new optimized relic cracking mode that lets you pull more prime poo poo out of the aether, so I was thinking a good compromise would be to let the player select up to three additional relics to "destroy." The destroyed relics would roll from a generic drop table of things like forma BPs, extra void traces, kuva, and other safe evergreen rewards. This would let veterans clean up their inventory while getting some extra rewards and would bring greater purpose to Railjack void fissures, but wouldn't adversely affect DE's platinum sales or the prime economy in general.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

At this point I'd just like to be able to sell them for credits or something. You know, just to get like, an extra 100k when its Baro time and I don't wanna run indexes or profit takers

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

qnqnx posted:

My hoard of relics will stay untouched 'til the end of time, or until I manage to crack them all (somewhere a few years before the end of time). No telemetry riddled ad software needed.

It's definitely this.

I do like that I can see if I've mastered the weapon that a grip goes to or if I need one or two of a particular item. Wild that this isn't built in when you have like 5 seconds to make a choice.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I also cannot imagine the unholy hassle of selling relics even if you managed to hock 5 at a time. I've done it once or twice after seeing stuff in trade chat on a whim and, man, using that as a way to make plat just seems awful.
My go-to method is to wait until they're vaulted and then throw wads of the relics at newbies who want a vaulted frame/weapon. Gives them what they want as well as a minor source of plat from selling any dupes.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I'll ask if anyone is looking for anything in particular in relic cracking missions, use those relics to help out newer players or whoever really, and then just give them old relics afterward if I'm about to quit playing or go do something else.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Redtext needs to calm tf down 🥵

quote:

Hildryn Prime Hotfix is coming in 3 minutes! Yes that is right, Hildryn Prime Access is here! Oh no... what is happening to me... I've fallen to my knees. I can feel the self-respect being pillaged from me. Muscle mommy have mercy!
Hildryn Prime Hotfix is coming in 2 minutes! Embrace the pandemonium of her arrival with the Larkspur Prime! You're in luck, Hildryn can curl, bench and deadlift it with east, meaning she can do the same with you.
Hildryn Prime Hotfix is coming in 1 minute! Have you seen the Hildryn Prime trailer yet?! Shade Prime proves a worthy and stylish Sentinel companion to Hildryn Prime with an absolute chad act of glory. Too bad we don't make the Heimt Prime Sentinel Access in human sizes, maybe then she'd notice me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Redtext will never calm down.

Almost called it Rebtext. Maybe it is.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

chumbler posted:

Redtext will never calm down.

Almost called it Rebtext. Maybe it is.

I'd guess it's someone on community ops, so some degenerate that works for (or is) Megan.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's frequently been Megan in the past, but she's definitely not the only one with access.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So, it appears I last played nearly 2 or 2.5 years ago. Looks like....7 new Prime variants were released that I need to farm up and....Xaku was the last "New Frame" I picked up.
I know this because I loaded in and was slotting her up with Forma to try different builds.

That leaves me as not having Lavos, Sevagoth, Yareli, Caliban, Gyre and Citrine.
Are any of the frames "easier" to unlock then others or "must have" frames to screw around with these days?

Also, looks like a major overhaul on the 5 Focus schools since I last played. Is there a good guide floating around somewhere of where to dump my points or what not?
I remember Zenurik use to be like king for a lot of game modes but doesn't appear to be the case anymore

Thanks!!

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 16, 2023

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So, it appears I last played nearly 2 or 2.5 years ago. Looks like....7 new Prime variants were released that I need to farm up and....Xaku was the last "New Frame" I picked up.
I know this because I loaded in and was slotting her up with Forma to try different builds.

That leaves me as not having Lavos, Sevagoth, Yareli, Caliban, Gyre and Citrine.
Are any of the frames "easier" to unlock then others or "must have" frames to screw around with these days?

Also, looks like a major overhaul on the 5 Focus schools since I last played. Is there a good guide floating around somewhere of where to dump my points or what not?
I remember Zenurik use to be like king for a lot of game modes but doesn't appear to be the case anymore

Thanks!!

Sevagoth is fun and has an incredibly useful Helminth subsume ability, once you get that unlocked. It does require Railjack, though. I've also been quite impressed with Citrine. The others I can take or leave.

As for focus schools, I think Zenurik is still quite good. The energy regen bubble is castable and can grant power strength, which is nice. I'm partial to Vazarin, but I've always liked the insta-revives and the dash. Whatever you were using before is probably fine to reinvest in. Even if you were one of those people who used Unairu, there's stuff to like. I'd say make sure you get the Waybinds unlocked as a priority.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Thanks!!

Good news, those frames all suck except Citrine, who's the easiest to acquire of all of them. You also missed Voruna who also sucks, but like Citrine it's an easy farm with a pity system and earns you other stuff worth plat while you farm. Sevagoth has one of the best subsumes in the game, though he's a pain in the rear end to farm.

The only good school things are, (best listed first) Vazarin Protective Dash (then instant revive), Madurai Sling Strength (then all the other Mad abilities are great), Unairu Armor/Shield strip, Naramon Combo Counter Preservation, and uh lastly the Zenurik free ability cast.

Put points into the Waybound stuff after the priority unlocks, especially all energy-related.

Learning how to macro and/or manually spam the Vazarin Dash and expand the radius with Magus Cloud, means you can have every frame in the game never dying, with no defensive mods. Pairing it with Emergence Dissipate returns an obscene amount of energy too, especially if you subsumed Grendel's revamped Nourish.

Only if you're playing a frame that already can't die (Revenant, Wisp) then you would go to Madurai Sling Strength if you wanted to snapshot a sustained ability (Gloom, Hysteria, Wisp Motes) with a really high strength.