Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

SVB crash has had a big enough effect that certain Etsy sellers are having to wait for their payouts from Etsy bc it banked with SVB

Actually bums me out that this is already directly affecting the little guy while the people who built the systems that caused this cruise on unharmed

Tech (especially VCs) loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

jokes posted:

Tech (especially VCs) loving sucks

VC is a symptom of a late stage capitalism. It’s lottery tickets for the 1% except you get to be the ticket’s boss as well.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

An insane mind posted:

Yup, as always the dicks who caused it flop merrily in the wind.

I think you'll find they are in fact the biggest victims, rich white tech guys are quickly becoming the most marginalized group in history.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1635489479799496705

Looking forward to when they start comparing themselves to MLK or Rosa Parks, that's usually what comes next.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

goatface posted:

Who hates onions? You should shun that person.

It's me. I dislike the onions. Up yours, woke moralist.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Steadiman posted:

I think you'll find they are in fact the biggest victims, rich white tech guys are quickly becoming the most marginalized group in history.

Looking forward to when they start comparing themselves to MLK or Rosa Parks, that's usually what comes next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zQpN28xa4

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

You sick gently caress.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

An insane mind posted:

Yup, as always the dicks who caused it flop merrily in the wind.

you have lehman brothers alum in the executive suite of SVB. Maybe those people are the ones you wanna focus on, mainstream media? Now they're gonna float away like dandelion seeds, fertilizing the next bank bailout in a few years.

Iceland at least prosecuted assholes like these

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

kazil posted:

Elon doesn't have a "primary goal" of "bringing fascism to the United States." Elon isn't an evil genius with a nefarious plan.

Elon is a dumb techbro desperate for validation. When asked about buying the bank he'll type "Thinking about it!" because of the dopamine hit he gets when his bootlickers go nuts in the comments and "journalists" write full length articles about "Is Elon going to buy SVB???" He has zero intention of following through on it.

I'm not sure about this. Unless you can find specific examples of Elon musk making a big promise and then not following through on it I'll remain skeptical

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Elon has no explicit goal to turn the US into a fascist state, but Elon's interests align with those of capital, which means that he will side with fascism when the opportunity presents itself.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Elon has no explicit goal to turn the US into a fascist state, but Elon's interests align with those of capital, which means that he will side with fascism when the opportunity presents itself.

He aligned with capital and fascism before his dad bought an emerald mine

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

A group of friends and I concluded that "woke" is "anything I don't like" and ergo,

This image gets a lot of traction in the group chat, perhaps it'll be of value to you as well.

I'm not saying 12 white onions would have avoided this mess, but my soup may have been distracted by diversity demands

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Wintermutant posted:

I'm not saying 12 white onions would have avoided this mess, but my soup may have been distracted by diversity demands

Great cure for the woke mind sniffles

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Steadiman posted:

Good lord, they had a 45% women, a Black, and a LGBTQ+?? Yeah I can see how that might have distracted them into lobbying for softer regulations leading to them losing their money, I am a very smart economist

The community notes thing has already lead to some really funny trolling of Musk over the last few weeks

To be fair, having 5 women, 6 men, and one Frankensteined 2/5 woman 3/5 man stitched together because the author apparently can't loving count would be rather distracting.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Wintermutant posted:

lmao

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Sockser posted:

What is your opinion on garlic

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1635604693765222401

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

You know that's from a movie or TV show because people in the crowd react badly to it.

If it happened in 2023 reality, there would be thinkpieces in the NYT the next day along the lines of, "Billionaires are the new Jewish people? It's not such a crazy idea" written by Marc Thiessen or Megan McArdle. Polls would rate approval of the CEO's remarks in the mid 50s or 60s and milquetoast idiot centrist dems would probably trip over themselves to bleat about how much we love our billionaires.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 14, 2023

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BigglesSWE posted:

More accurately the author of that piece claims that being obsessed [citation needed] with wokeism [citation needed] may have cost them valuable time and effort that could’ve made a difference to their collapse [citation needed but honestly lmao].

It’s a nice window to the conservative mind: “we are only capable of operating with one concept at a time and profits and inclusivity are TWO concepts therefore…”
And that's just the dog whistle!

What they're really saying is diversity hires or affirmative action is unfair because they have very carefully made sure black people, women, and LGBTQ are not able to get equivalent education and work experience so they'd never get hired on merit. Maybe you might give them a sinecure to get the wokes off your back but they wouldn't be doing real work.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Steadiman posted:

I'm doing a Masters of Holocaust/Genocide studies and I'm tempted to send this to my teacher lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1635695161136263169
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1635696155010154496
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1635694914930614272
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1635699420326133760

lol elon's postin' again

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Elon Musk is going to get back to farmin’ and barn-raisin’

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*entire student body protests the university's administration and faculty*

drat, those kids sure are getting indoctrinated at that there university

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Absolute freedom as long as you always respect your social betters.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Elon doesn't have a primary goal of bringing fascism, he just loves fascism and will repeat literally any fascist talking point that appears in his view

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Elon suddenly figured out that FarmersOnly is the only place where his horses-for-handjobs method is viable

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
Him holding the hammer backwards explains so much.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lol there is no way he was doing a barn raising in Saskatchewan in the 80s. Unless it was a hutterite colony or some poo poo.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I ran into some kind of issue with twitter today. Not sure if I did something to break it or if its a symptom of the long slow decline that inevitably comes with firing so many people. But I simply pasted an imgur link into a tweet as a silly reply to something and now the imgur embed is throwing errors (you can't press play on the gif, it says "imgur refused to connect") and the tweet seems to be bugged as well. When you open the analytics it simply looks like this:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He doesn't know what a barn raising is. They probably installed a sheet metal shed.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

goatface posted:

He doesn't know what a barn raising is. They probably installed a sheet metal shed.

Harder work than he's ever done or ever will do in his life.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I'd lol if this increase was simply because it had the various tests answer sheets on it's training data.

Like, good fuckin job, it passed a test that it had the answers to or had a composite of answers to similar questions to. It "passed" the Bar, sure, now lets see it argue a case.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Indoctrination is when kids stand up to authority figures.

If they hadn't been indoctrinated, they would simply do as they're told.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You'd think this nerd would have seen star trek before.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Indoctrination is when kids stand up to authority figures.

If they hadn't been indoctrinated, they would simply do as they're told.

Love the appeal to the parents of college students

Your children are your property now and forever

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Deki posted:

I'd lol if this increase was simply because it had the various tests answer sheets on it's training data.

Like, good fuckin job, it passed a test that it had the answers to or had a composite of answers to similar questions to. It "passed" the Bar, sure, now lets see it argue a case.

Someone on Twitter was losing his mind about GPT-4 revolutionizing language learning skills by creating better curriculums than humans and then he showed his proof and uhhh

Tag yourself, I'm bañana.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Someone on Twitter was losing his mind about GPT-4 revolutionizing language learning skills by creating better curriculums than humans and then he showed his proof and uhhh

Grassy rear end for this post.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Peggy Hill AI has gone sentient

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cthulu Carl posted:

Grassy rear end for this post.

You know
Toes
Dress

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh, good
https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1635716824263163935

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
Gassy, grassy, or assy. Nobody learns languages for free