Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

So it's like an FPS builder? Idg what it is really, but it looks pretty cool.

It seems to be a speed run builder. Get in and get the macguffin and get out as quick as possible and don't die to all the traps and monsters. Sort of Quake meets Mario Maker, if I'm reading it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nice to see more stuff launching on +

If they can keep that pace up with a new game on the service every 1-2 months it's pretty hard to argue with that value, given the back catalog is also really good.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mr Hootington posted:

Dead island 2 isn't really open world and doesn't have parkor

Issaries posted:

Dying light 2 has more of a parkour focus. Lot of roof-climbing and running.
There's paragliding and other cool stuff later on. There's also lot of combat vs humans too.

Dead Island seems to be more ground combat based.

Thank you! I thought dying light 2 looked awesome but heard there were a lot of problems at launch.

Sakurazuka posted:

Dying Light is more focused on parkour and movement abilities, that's about it. The devs of Dead Island 1 and both Dying Light games are the same, they just moved on after the first game and Dead Island 2 is by a different studio.

Oh!! No wonder no one is calling bs on one being a copycat :classiclol:

How is Dying Light 2 these days, rough edges worked out, or would people recommend waiting to see how Island 2 lands?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I'd play Dying Light 1 instead.

Meet Your Maker is a good get for +. Lots of people seemed to enjoy the demo.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Nobody has ever said this.
Whoops, I meant objectively superior, I don't know why I said morally. Brain fart

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I play Resident Evil with Japanese VO. and plague tales in french. :getin:

Also I play some other games in English, which is a foreign language too.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I tried Atomic Heart in Russian but both the story and language are nonsensical to me so it was a bit of a lost cause trying to follow anything

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I tried Chernobylite with Russian audio, it's even set that way with default settings but the subtitles were too small to play and read at the same time when things got ugly. Just walking around was fine, but I started missing dialogue during gunfights.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I tried Atomic Heart in Russian but both the story and language are nonsensical to me so it was a bit of a lost cause trying to follow anything
I never tried the Russian voices but the main American VO is very good, it’s just a rough script and there’s too much of him.

I just beat it the other day and was a bit surprised where they went. Definitely room for a sequel but I can’t imagine that happening with their current..ahem, financiers.

From what I remember your character had his mind wiped when you almost died in a previous conflict, so your boss gave you fake happy memories because your wife also died. The Glove is a scientist who also died whose consciousness was uploaded to this glove device with the help of the polymer tech. The glove ultimately has its own machinations and it turns out the horny fridge was right!! You shouldn’t trust the glove.

It ends with your boss dead at your hand, you realizing he was actually on your side, and then the glove takes the form as some blood monster that presumably kills you. Roll credits

It’s not really a surprise if you’re paying attention even in the beginning but Atomic Heart is a code name for pushing Soviet robots all over the world, especially North America, for FREE, letting us use the free labor in our nuclear facilities, then someone flips a switch and all robots kill everyone, then the Soviet’s can rebuild the world with their vision.

Why anyone would trust the soviets robot workers that were given to world leaders for free is of course never mentioned, but then again our society may crumble because of Chinese tiktok challenges so maybe it’s plausible.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
re4 next week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSj1lay-uBY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hmm this collab feels a bit more unseemly than usual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQW0t-fV620

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Doesn't make much more sense in English

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Nice to see more stuff launching on +

If they can keep that pace up with a new game on the service every 1-2 months it's pretty hard to argue with that value, given the back catalog is also really good.

Actually we got a lot of stuff releasing on ps+ (essential tier). Remember stuff like Operation Tango or Rocket League or even fall guys or DarkStar.

We need more day one stuff for ps+ extra and premium. Maybe not the Sony studio stuff but more indies like Stray would rule.

Tchia will be a new ps+ extra day one indie.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They really should have thrown a few PSVR2 games on PS+ extra to bump up subs and headset sales. It doesn't even come with a cool little demo or anything. Would have been nice for Sony to throw us a bone like "hey we know you just paid a ton for this thing thanks for your support of both out hardware and subscription services."

Hopefully down the road they start to include PSVR2 stuff once more games are out.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Rift Apart slaps. I hope the franchise continues.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

They really should have thrown a few PSVR2 games on PS+ extra to bump up subs and headset sales. It doesn't even come with a cool little demo or anything. Would have been nice for Sony to throw us a bone like "hey we know you just paid a ton for this thing thanks for your support of both out hardware and subscription services."

Hopefully down the road they start to include PSVR2 stuff once more games are out.

I'm not sure that a free game on the sub would have shifted more $800 helmets than RE8 and GT7.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Nuts and Gum posted:

Thank you! I thought dying light 2 looked awesome but heard there were a lot of problems at launch.

Oh!! No wonder no one is calling bs on one being a copycat :classiclol:

How is Dying Light 2 these days, rough edges worked out, or would people recommend waiting to see how Island 2 lands?

The technical issues have pretty much been worked out, they were mostly on the previous gen anyway. That said, Dying Light 1 is still the better game and the complete edition comes with the massive expansion packs which are basically their own games too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

I'm not sure that a free game on the sub would have shifted more $800 helmets than RE8 and GT7.

$800? It's $550

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

$880AUD from what I can see

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

$960aud if you want the Bore-izon: Balls of the Mild bundle

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aussie dollars aren't real dollars

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo PSVR2 is $32,000 Zimbabwe dollars. They are really getting screwed

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bugblatter posted:

The technical issues have pretty much been worked out, they were mostly on the previous gen anyway. That said, Dying Light 1 is still the better game and the complete edition comes with the massive expansion packs which are basically their own games too.

Dang, that’s a bummer the first was better. I should have waited for this reply but I snagged DL2 on xbonx for $30. Atomic Heart left me with a newfound taste for fps melee it seems.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Nuts and Gum posted:

Dang, that’s a bummer the first was better. I should have waited for this reply but I snagged DL2 on xbonx for $30. Atomic Heart left me with a newfound taste for fps melee it seems.

Well the second game isn’t bad and the stories aren’t connected so you can play in either order. So, if you wind up enjoying 2 enough to play 1, you’re just saving the best for last.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

$800? It's $550

$550usd is worse. They don't even pay you people for work.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nuts and Gum posted:

Dying Light 2 is still pretty fun. It also looks a lot better than the first one. The first one is only better because they supported it for like 6 years.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pancake gamers are pathetic. Stop trying to defend your flat games and buy a headset already

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I really want an ace combat or mechwarrior VR game. Give me more cockpit games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JBP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk3SjEr236E

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My PS5 just randomly deleted GT7. What the gently caress

Thats awesome seeing as how it's 130GB and I have a data cap.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
:siren::siren: GAME DETECTED :siren::siren:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Nuts and Gum posted:

From what I remember your character
The Glove is

and it turns out the horny fridge was

It ends with

I really like this style of spoiler, by the way.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Download less candles anime

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

TheDarkFlame posted:

I really like this style of spoiler, by the way.

:yeah: Makes it a bit more fun to follow, even if you sorta know what's coming.

veni veni veni posted:

Was it on internal storage or an expansion? I've had auto-archiving on XsX but never on the PS5!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

Desperately hoping Armored Core has VR support........

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Actually we got a lot of stuff releasing on ps+ (essential tier). Remember stuff like Operation Tango or Rocket League or even fall guys or DarkStar.

We need more day one stuff for ps+ extra and premium. Maybe not the Sony studio stuff but more indies like Stray would rule.

Tchia will be a new ps+ extra day one indie.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Meet Your Maker will be on + Extra. It's not a 'free' game, it's in the catalog. And there needs to be more of that.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, more stuff like Stray, Tschia, and Meet Your Maker as day one releases are what Sony needs to get me to renew my Extra subscription. If I can expect one of those every few months it's worth it. I was thinking it was just going to be Stray for the entire year until the Tschia announcement was made.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah, more stuff like Stray, Tschia, and Meet Your Maker as day one releases are what Sony needs to get me to renew my Extra subscription. If I can expect one of those every few months it's worth it. I was thinking it was just going to be Stray for the entire year until the Tschia announcement was made.

tbf, it very nearly was only stray for the entire year

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

and I have a data cap.

what on earth? what year do you live in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

what on earth? what year do you live in?

esco, we don't live in the country that you live in.