Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Murdstone posted:

lol I just noticed the news story text.

Jonah is a firm believer in the million monkey’s with a million typewriters theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Jonah just knows his audience: people who want to see pictures of the masked menace and whoever he was fighting. The words just don't matter.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"And...?"

He better watch his money bin!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I thought we missed a comic. She saw him Hotwire it and then still got in with him and knows he stole it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

I thought we missed a comic. She saw him Hotwire it and then still got in with him and knows he stole it?

I just assumed there was a missing Sunday strip in between (if so, does anybody have it on hand out of curiosity?)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Donald who? :confused:

Larryb posted:

I just assumed there was a missing Sunday strip in between (if so, does anybody have it on hand out of curiosity?)
Earlier in the thread:

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 11, 2023

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

If only there had been some way Spidey could have prevented this dilemma. But alas, it was literally impossible to prevent it from getting to this point!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also if only he had some kind of long-distance reach that could pull her to safety and leave The Protector without a shield, but alas, the webswinging Spider-Man who is currently swinging through the city on his webs that he can fire great distances simply doesn't have anything in his arsenal that would allow for that.

"He's exactly as rich and famous as - and looks just like - Donald Trump!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm starting to see where all these "I don't believe you're spiderman, spiderman" folk are coming from in these strips. If I was in nsm New York, I'd say the same thing to goad Spidey into doing a bunch of stunts for me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
No window would have an alarm on the 34th floor in a city where multiple villains are capable of flight. Like even if you want to ignore the greater Marvel universe as a whole and just limit it to NSM villains there's still the Goblins who use gilders, Vulture, Magneto...

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Also there are Billionaire Mecha-Gorillas that can jump a quarter mile, and possibly toymakers who aren't too cheap to spring for suction cups and gyroscopes...

Edit: Also, we are deep into November, 2001, and this is the Thanksgiving comic. If nothing shows up at Christmas, guess NSM didn't do a contemporaneous 9/11 tribute comic?

maltesh fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 13, 2023

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

NOOOOOOOOO*thump**thump*OOOOoooooh well, too late now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i forgot that this arc was about a dude who arbitrarily decided laws didn't apply to him and was mostly correct. he's what sovcits aspire toward, including the giant urban cowboy aesthetic.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kid shoulda paid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feel like that question has a lot of answers. Also the answer is The Chameleon. The Chameleon wants to rob the billionaire.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I feel like a billionaire should call themselves "Goldmint". Silver is for the lower class rich.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Calling himself "Goldmint" would move him into a higher tax bracket, and he can't have that.

He doesn't pay taxes but it's the principle of the thing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Too late to stop now! If I were to move my foot and hit the brakes, I would have already hit the kid! So, just hush up and sit back, this will all be over in a few moments!"

"Nearly hitting him now!"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm sure the kid will be fine. A little severe case of whiplash never hurt anybody.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Murdstone posted:

Kid shoulda paid.

"So, I uh, webbed up his guards. And then Silvermint came after me, so I beat him up as well. Then there was no one to guard his paintings and Art Objects from the Chameleon, so i brought them all back to the apartment, MJ."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ikasuhito posted:

A little severe case of whiplash never hurt anybody.

Coroner: Listen Pe... Spider-Man, I'll give you the same answer I give you every night when you call me up sobbing uncontrollably, I am not changing Gwen Stacey's cause-of-death.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Ikasuhito posted:

I'm sure the kid will be fine. A little severe case of whiplash never hurt anybody.

Slamming into a brick wall at the end of his swing might loosen a few teeth though

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Binary Badger posted:

Slamming into a brick wall at the end of his swing might loosen a few teeth though
This is definitely how I pictured that going.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That never happens.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I know this is NSM, but I'm still completely baffled that Pete's plan is doing exactly what the billionaire guy is describing: invade his home, attack his bodyguards, then babble about chameleons :psyduck:

You could have just stayed outside and kept guard, you dumbass!!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Well, we've been here before...

...And a spider can always sting!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he has no idea who or what peter is even talking about. why should he care about a string of robberies? so it's pretty reasonable for him to be less than enthused about a deranged superhuman that broke into his home and started babbling about a small lizard.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Murdstone posted:

That never happens.

I mean, Silvermint makes a good point.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

He didn't even get there in time :cripes:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hold it Chameleon, last time you had to change clothes to transform!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
lmao The Chameleon is the best

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I will never get tired of his magical girl hand wavy transformations holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I wonder if the button to make the cage appear depends on your enemy standing in exactly the right place or if it has a motion detector or something to SNAPT onto any intruder