Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

YeahTubaMike posted:

get down, get down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mx. posted:

Danuta

Danuta

It is me

Will you go there

Do you eat

I've got the money

Danuta

Klaus, that was….chilling.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just love that instead of hanging up the phone she smashes it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Gonz posted:

Klaus, that was….chilling.

I blacked out!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I have to repost the clip because Dee Bradley Baker just knocks it out of the park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqwy6gv0KQ

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I like that Francine & Stan go to Cavalia because the horses make them horny but Stan is too uptight to spank her.

edit: For the record, I'm pretty sure this GIF isn't from the Cavalia episode, it just made me think of it. Also, I'm mildly disappointed that the Wikipedia page for Cavalia doesn't have a "cultural references" section where it namedrops American Dad.

PizzaProwler posted:

I have to repost the clip because Dee Bradley Baker just knocks it out of the park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqwy6gv0KQ

First of all, I love everything about this, much like everyone else. Second of all, what episode is it from???

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 25, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

First quote is Wild Women Do (And They Don't Regret It)

Second is from Shark

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
drat it, naturally I don't have any access to either of those episodes. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It really is amazing how much effort they put into the background for little gags. Like there's a bit in Echoes where you see a newspaper article about a caveman archeologists have named Skeletonious H Boneman.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I really do adore the amount of extra bits and jokes that they didn't have to put in, not just background.

Like in the coconut episode where Roger looks up the lyrics to Lime in the Coconut. He goes, "Bullshit! Guy goes to the doctor and the doctor's cure is the same thing that brought him there? What a whackadoo!" and Francine glares and slaps him after whackadoo, saying "Languaaage." like a schoolteacher, instead of when he said bullshit.

I'm not sure why that example comes to mind other than I always find it hilarious.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I love that every once in a while they include a background character wearing a ladybug pin.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkbcm8paxJc

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Y'all should freeze on some of the newspaper clippings in various episodes, they'll even write funny articles in them.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Lumberjerk had great ones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That bill staines song owned. This show has rad tunes

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
"I know where my dad keeps the key! It's in the fake rock under his mattress!"

EDIT:

Also "Hey! Hey--no, that TV was real! I bought that!"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 6, 2023

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
"Please let me have this cage, I foster abused birds! :("

"Well, I want to put a candle in it!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Watching the episode where Jeff is a dog racer and the bit with Hailey at the pound is incredible as roger berates her for believing he'd take care of dogs

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Jose posted:

Watching the episode where Jeff is a dog racer and the bit with Hailey at the pound is incredible as roger berates her for believing he'd take care of dogs

He's the dog.

Njashi9
Nov 2, 2012
:toot:

https://twitter.com/AmericanDadTBS/status/1632840136143646721?s=20

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Everybody do what he's doing!

...how do you *DO* that?!?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Happy birthday to me!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That leaves me just 3 weeks to find a new drycleaner!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I am so sorry for your loss, Mr. Del Taco.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

2:00 am thoughts: It's probably just a coincidence, but I realized that between Family Guy and American Dad, Seth's name checked all the main characters from Dawn of the Dead (Peter, Roger, Steven, and Fran)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2l8DeAPtmg

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Uh oh, timely covid episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dan andsome Handsome gives me QUITE the wide on

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Just thinking about him makes me hot.
Like a hot... summer... sidewalk

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
+

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dan andsome Handsome gives me QUITE the wide on

Ooooohhh... :) :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

...eew...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird thing about "Weiner of Our Discontent" is how making the Steve and Toshi subplot concurrent to the Roger main plot means it takes forever to resolve. They decide on the hot dog eating contest and then Roger's plot has a month time skip and the contest still hasn't happened for some reason.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

muscles like this! posted:

A weird thing about "Weiner of Our Discontent" is how making the Steve and Toshi subplot concurrent to the Roger main plot means it takes forever to resolve. They decide on the hot dog eating contest and then Roger's plot has a month time skip and the contest still hasn't happened for some reason.

I think it's that Steve has to train for it, IIRC

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just rewatched “Cheek to Cheek: a Stripper’s Story” and I love that the whole episode was probably just one of the writers came up with the phrase “chivalric cabaret” and went from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My two favorite bits in the hot dog plot are Steve thanking for teaching to control his gag reflex and Francine, Roger and Hayley all saying "you're welcome" at the same time. That and Snot's bad "Don't you mean Oh My Godzilla?" joke since it makes no sense for him to say that in response to the Japanese Toshi actually spoke.