Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

: Beat the game
: Collect all 100 stray beads (PLATINUM)

what a great game. im glad i finally got a chance to play it, cuz its truly something special. thanks welcome, and thanks game club :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

: Beat the game
: Collect all 100 stray beads (PLATINUM)

what a great game. im glad i finally got a chance to play it, cuz its truly something special. thanks welcome, and thanks game club :cheers:

hell yeah.

The Shower Room and Snagret Cave bosses took tons of attempts, but I finished paying off the debt deathless this morning.

: Pay off the debt
: Pay off the debt with zero Pikmin deaths (PLATINUM)

Glad I finally played this, the cave structure always interested me and it didn't disappoint. I think I'll enjoy myself a little bit more if I don't fret over every little pikmin death though, there were at least 10 times I redid a whole big floor due to a frog or one of these mf's getting a pikmin at the very end. Gonna try my best to get all treasures before time's up, the endgame caves sound awesome.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Contemplating the lore implications of pikmin picking up and trying to deliver olimar or Louie like a piece of treasure when they lay down

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

Contemplating the lore implications of pikmin picking up and trying to deliver olimar or Louie like a piece of treasure when they lay down

man I was wondering what the heck was happening when I held x for too long lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They want to gently caress I'm afraid.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm not afraid.

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did you let them deliver Olimar. It's adorable.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Jenny Agutter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PginIV4Bd8&t=89s

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

whoa

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao awesome

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

: Pay off the debt with zero Pikmin deaths (PLATINUM)

that was a good nostalgia hit, haven't played this one for around fifteen years

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

jaw dropped when I saw I had 96/201 treasures lol. well I'll try

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

jaw dropped when I saw I had 96/201 treasures lol. well I'll try

Lol yea, paying off the debt is less than halfway if you take difficulty into the equation. That being said if you've been enjoying the challenge the endgame dungeons step it up in some fun ways

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pay off the debt

Great game but I think I prefer the style of the first game much more.

my morning jackass fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 14, 2023

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Striped snapper getting extremely outcompeted in North Ryoshima Coast. There's always at least one bullshit fish.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
It showed up literally two and three fish later. Fish!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I just finished the sunken ship and haven't had any chance to fish outside of the couple of mandatory times. Did I miss something?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

rodbeard posted:

I just finished the sunken ship and haven't had any chance to fish outside of the couple of mandatory times. Did I miss something?

you havent unlocked the first permanent fishing spot yet but youre close

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah i'm not getting all treasures in time. still got two dungeons and all the aboveground treasures in the final area. perfect impmas runback chance though

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished Hole of Heroes, all I have left is Dream Den and 3 treasures above ground

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

got trapped at work until a few minutes ago - i think i got all the treasures from the first two areas, and basically haven't started the last two. once i got all the pikmin types i decided to go back to the first area and work my way back up. might be fun to shoot for the back half at impmas.

it was fun finally having a chance to sit down with pikmin, i'd played a bit on friends' consoles growing up and thought it was fun but i never ended up grabbing them when i finally owned a gamecube. the controls are finicky but the difficulty feels tuned appropriately for it. especially with letting you reload caves by floor + no time limit + helpful tips from other imps like just scouting ahead with Olimar and a few purples on reserve.

i wish i had caught it on video but my favorite memory has to be the time a lone sprout pikmin dodging an entire burst from the gatling spider all on its own, doing an excellent serpentine

a good pick, i think i'm definitely more likely to check out 4 when it comes out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
always nice to see the last minute wins

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

absolutely anything posted:

yeah i'm not getting all treasures in time. still got two dungeons and all the aboveground treasures in the final area. perfect impmas runback chance though

Same, I forgot just how insane those final 3 caves were for a zero death playthrough. I'll finish it up tmrw and go for all treasures during impmas

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Tarranon posted:

got trapped at work until a few minutes ago - i think i got all the treasures from the first two areas, and basically haven't started the last two. once i got all the pikmin types i decided to go back to the first area and work my way back up. might be fun to shoot for the back half at impmas.

it was fun finally having a chance to sit down with pikmin, i'd played a bit on friends' consoles growing up and thought it was fun but i never ended up grabbing them when i finally owned a gamecube. the controls are finicky but the difficulty feels tuned appropriately for it. especially with letting you reload caves by floor + no time limit + helpful tips from other imps like just scouting ahead with Olimar and a few purples on reserve.

i wish i had caught it on video but my favorite memory has to be the time a lone sprout pikmin dodging an entire burst from the gatling spider all on its own, doing an excellent serpentine

a good pick, i think i'm definitely more likely to check out 4 when it comes out

nice work!

elf help book posted:

always nice to see the last minute wins

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

TIME OVER for Pikmin 2, and the clock starts now for Battle Mania Daiginjou!

Good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 24, 2023

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

: Defeat Ninetails

A bit further than this now, but ive been without internet for a few days due to moving.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

gently caress this game hurts my eyes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
battle mania daiginjoun is sick. hope everyone picked up a copy when it was a mere 400 dollars used on yahoo japan auctions for a loose cart 10 years ago instead of 1500 dollars now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i know axelay scarred some people but this is on the easy end of shmups

its also good. unlike axelay which is terrible

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

its also good. unlike axelay which is terrible

no its not

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
pardon. i meant to say terrible AND sickening thanks to the hideous mode 7 effects.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

pardon. i meant to say terrible AND sickening thanks to the hideous mode 7 effects.

axelay doesnt use mode 7! owned!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pre:
  Patch Differences
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Trouble Shooter Vintage" version was intended to look and feel like an
official English translation. It follows the naming conventions of "Trouble
Shooter" (which was the official translation of the first game in the series)
and defaults to using an all-capital font, just like in the original. Some
of the language was also toned down a bit, which was typical for games in
that time period. A little bit of stuff (not in the script) got thrown out
as would have undoubtedly happened in an official localization at that time.
The credits sequence should have been axed as well, as it would not have made
it overseas, but I wanted to have two different versions of the credits too.
The translation is also quite a bit looser, although it is still much more
accurate than Trouble Shooter was; although some English idioms were used,
no Western cultural references were permitted in this script.

The "Battle Mania Daiginjou" edition was intended to be much more accurate,
even to the point that you might not understand parts of it if you don't
know anything about Japanese culture. To be honest, you might not fully
understand it even if you are a Japanese native, as a few of the allusions
are somewhat obscure. Many of the graphics were subtitled in this version,
and the original names were used.

The differences are significant enough that you will probably enjoy playing
both versions at least once.
great. i dont know anything about japanese culture. but i dont want to get sjw censored on.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to actually.play this one. i was looking forward to okami but vmcs arent working on my ps2 for some reason and im just not in the right headspace to try troubleshoot it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

starting to think the problem when i played Axelay wasnt entirely Axelay but also my lack of experience with shmups since it took me like ten tries to get past the first level here. cool game, i just keep making stupid-rear end mistakes or losing track of stuff

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I made it past the first stage on my first try but stage 2 is too busy visually. I can't see anything in the constant flickering and I don't know if that's an emulation issue or if the game is just this crusty.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got to the last boss of stage 2, this game is really cool

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i got to like stage 4 on a run and then had to do something else. it takes some getting used to but it doesnt strike me as bad at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its not immediately obvious, despite the giant up and down arrows i think it just looks like a elevator for that cutscene, but you can press up and down on this screen before each stage to switch which bomb type you bring