Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Just equip shackle grenade to alleviate all challenge issues. Crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I wish terminal overload keys were either actually useful, or just deleted themselves instead of getting sent to the postmaster. They're just an annoyance at this point.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

magiccarpet posted:

Just equip shackle grenade to alleviate all challenge issues. Crazy.

This is what I ended up doing and it helped me a lot, however it doesn't alleviate the fact that I'm also just bad at the game in general.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Here's where the 4 secret chests are in Avalon as of this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUv4NeFnX-8

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

i am loving begging you to stop saying weird and nasty poo poo

Yeah, it's loving weird and don't you keep getting probed for it repeatedly?

I'm keen for the Guardian Games. Looks like fun, just hoping the SMG is better, or there's something else that is a bit nicer. The origin trait is sweet tho.

Also Compass Rose does (did?) get incandescent, it is very cool. I really liked Something New as well, and the armour focusing for Solstice is a lot of fun for me. Solstice and Hall Between are still probably my favourite events, followed closely by The Dawning. Guardian Games I could take or leave.

Also gotta say, funny seeing people still speedrun strikes by skipping all the enemies. I get it if you're just grabbing the pinnacle reward but otherwise have people realised rep is now based on score? Shooting adds: good!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is the only way to get the catalyst(s) for the Vexcalibur is to do the mission on legend? I tried to do a legendary lost sector and despite having 100 resilience I got literally 1 shot by a sniper, so my eagerness to do any of the harder content stuff is at an all time low for once.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This is what I ended up doing and it helped me a lot, however it doesn't alleviate the fact that I'm also just bad at the game in general.

I am also bad but now I can stun all sorts of champions and be semi helpful. Game is immediately more fun.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Dawning is nice for largely just being an additional layer added to stuff you were doing anyway, instead of another activity to grind on top of your other chores, as well as an easy bright dust generator.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The big issue with guardian ranks is if your account existed it made you rank 6. The system at lower ranks does a pretty decent job of instructing you on what to do. It auto suggests you earn those rank triumphs for stunning barrier champs, and actually tells you how. Earlier ranks tell you exactly how to do specific stuff in the game.

It's actually kind of nice but also skipped over by a lot of the player base because everyone is a 6. It's not a proper New Light experience but a player trying to get the rank triumph for stunning overloads (and it is specifically stunning, not killing which is smart) is gonna be frustrated when it isn't happening, and hopefully they read the tool tip (which is fairly accurate it seems. Waiting for the catch).

Also they lowered all the commendation requirements lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mesadoram posted:

You can make a build in game, go to DIM and save it there.

You can literally save it in game with two button presses now.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

When should I start using upgrade modules to upgrade gear as opposed to just switching to whatever I get? My gear is in the 1760-65 range, but most of the armor is still like 50-53 total stats. Is it worth upgrading if I find something good, or should I just keep getting straight upgrades regardless?

I don’t want to waste all my shards and stuff upgrading armor, but I feel like I need to start putting mods in.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

You can literally save it in game with two button presses now.

Indeed and it is great! Shame it is limited though until you clear a legendary lost sector flawless solo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You only *need* to upgrade if you want to do a high light activity or are feeling like you’re too fragile/weak. Keeping the high light item in your inventory is just as good for boosting future drops, since they’re based on the highest you could be with everything you have on hand

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Do the hidden chests in avalon actually do anything?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ex post facho posted:

Yes! Get enough of them and you unlock additional weapon crafting options. This week there isn't an upgrade to the weapon crafting, but you'll need to have all 4 in order to get next week's.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ex post facho posted:

They unlock new craftable perks for vex just like we did for the gun last season

E: beaten lol

I'm stoked to farm duality for artifice armor this week, I really needed to.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

haveblue posted:

You only *need* to upgrade if you want to do a high light activity or are feeling like you’re too fragile/weak. Keeping the high light item in your inventory is just as good for boosting future drops, since they’re based on the highest you could be with everything you have on hand

I guess the bigger issue is mods. I don’t want to waste a ton of resources, including upgrade modules, to upgrade something with 55~ stats just because I used a bunch of stuff to get it to 9-10 energy.

Did they do away with armor type (Arc/Solar/Void) being used for some mods? I remember something like that in BL.

Without the Artifact, what’s the max LL gear can be? 1800?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, mod elements got removed and all gear can fit all mods for that slot (chest, arms, etc)

1800 is the powerful cap, 1810 is the pinnacle cap

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
shoot. Guess I'm in for another avalon run

I love the glaive though so totally worth it

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Indeed and it is great! Shame it is limited though until you clear a legendary lost sector flawless solo.

It is not, you have five classes and 6 loadout slots even if you want one for each. If you play a lot of arc/void make more for that.

Hell I made one for each and most are still just placeholders for fashion.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ideal loadout for Legendary Avalon - two sentinels. We smoked it without much effort at all, and didn't even need to cheese Brakion

Don't do it as a trio, the bosses just have too much health.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

The EDZ strike revamps are quite something, especially Arms Dealer. The GM versions of those aren't going to be what they used to for sure.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

syntaxfunction posted:

Also gotta say, funny seeing people still speedrun strikes by skipping all the enemies. I get it if you're just grabbing the pinnacle reward but otherwise have people realised rep is now based on score? Shooting adds: good!

I don't speedrun since I'd rather play the game and usually I'm working through bounties, but no, I did not know strike score was tied to anything other than a visual index of how much you contributed, which others could then use in choosing to give you a commendation. Had no idea it actually drove the rep value.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Two defiant battlegrounds in a row and no chest spawn either time :toot:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Listerine posted:

I don't speedrun since I'd rather play the game and usually I'm working through bounties, but no, I did not know strike score was tied to anything other than a visual index of how much you contributed, which others could then use in choosing to give you a commendation. Had no idea it actually drove the rep value.

It's a new thing this expat; the higher your score, the more rep you gain. I like the idea a lot but I haven't run many strikes yet

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Did you boot the story version instead of playlist? Chest is only in playlist.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Just some thoughts to get them out of my head:

so, the new raid is easy. Very easy. It is. That's fine! (Though some of the sheer hostility some of y'all have for any sort of complexity/communication/difficulty is just as toxic than any 'streamer', and I say that as someone who didn't complete contest RoN)

I don't think Bungie's really moving away from difficulty or anything- they just released a mechanically simple raid (with lowish boss health) in a sandbox where guardians are, in fact, quite strong. Despite the doomsaying, the lightfall changes and mod changes didn't actually nerf us that much- if you put some thought into your build, you might actually end up with more ability uptime. Plus the proliferation of godrolls though crafting or targeting farming or just sheer inertia- it's been like 3 years since sunsetting was sunset, that's a lot of time to accumulate good poo poo. Many powerful exotics are also reasonably... reasonable to obtain, and can do just as much damage.

It's not an abandonment of the hardcore forever, it's just... not a complex raid. But yeah they did miss the mark for stuff like Neomuna patrol- there has actually been a consistent low-level demand for more challenging patrol spaces (not from streamers, actually, just like, regular posters) who want 'heroic' patrols or endgame patrols or whatever. Places where, I guess, you're not on a mission or anything, you can just endlessly and mindlessly gently caress around, but with difficult enemies. Didn't really work out.

But related, the casual vs hardcore dichotomy is not true. There's really like, one or two other groups.

There's the hardcore hardcore, who have dedicated teams who go for the absolute most difficult challenges and have strategies and gear for every possible situation. They can reasonably expect to complete the raid in ~8 hours.

There's the true casuals, who you almost never hear from because simply joining a Destiny community is more commitment than they want.

And then there's the not-quite hardcore, who have the skills to beat contest mode raid, but only in like, 12+ hours, or who lack a dedicated team of equal skill and are at the mercy of LFG. I think a lot of this thread may fall into this group- I know I am. For this group, a Day 1 commitment is a huge ask, so they don't try, or if they do LFG randomness keeps them from it- so the extra day meant more of this group were willing to try, because 16 hours across two days is much more reasonable than 16 in one, or whatever. Of course the raid ended up being easier so they didn't even need the second day, but having the safety net provides the confidence to try.

Another group below that, who play pretty consistently (yes, skipping a season or some weeks in a season still counts) and have a fairly wide breadth of gear, and might raid every once in a while. The rest of y'all fit in this group.

Anyone saying contest RoN was easier than a legendary lost sector is absolutely out of their mind.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 15, 2023

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mazerunner posted:

Anyone saying contest RoN was easier than a legendary lost sector is absolutely out of their mind.

If you’re 1785 light because you don’t have the interest in poopsocking the light grind, it absolutely is

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DancingShade posted:

How did you queue up for it? The edz selection is for story purposes and doesn't have rewards, while the selection in the helm has a big flashing pinnacle notice.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I really wanna like the new raid grenade launcher but the rolls I have don't feel great. the small clip size really hurts it compared to wendigo

The sidearm and auto rifle feel great though, some of the only primaries I bother using

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"farm duality for easy artifice armor" everyone is saying, and i'm here eating poo poo in the room after the first bell every loving time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lib and let die posted:

"farm duality for easy artifice armor" everyone is saying, and i'm here eating poo poo in the room after the first bell every loving time

Tip if you’re going to solo it: you can actually get to the first boss in normal, then switch the difficulty to Master once you get the checkpoint.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tip if you’re going to solo it: you can actually get to the first boss in normal, then switch the difficulty to Master once you get the checkpoint.

lol bungo

thanks!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If you can find a buddy you can also use an alt to save the checkpoint and just cycle.

Apparently bungie hosed something up and the artifice armor is rolling worse then it did pre-LF. People said they rarely got sub 60/62 rolls with good spikes in Duality and the rolls have been pretty meh for me in an hour of farming yesterday.

You could say it's the duality of cheese.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

If you can find a buddy you can also use an alt to save the checkpoint and just cycle.

Apparently bungie hosed something up and the artifice armor is rolling worse then it did pre-LF. People said they rarely got sub 60/62 rolls with good spikes in Duality and the rolls have been pretty meh for me in an hour of farming yesterday.

You could say it's the duality of cheese.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress's sake... Ok, I know what I'm doing later.

Oxyclean posted:

I haven't had anything 64+ since Lightfall, and I've had the armourer mod on the whole time, even on activities that supposedly drop high stats.

If it's dropping average spreads, that might be good for me - I can never be bothered to re-farm whenever the meta shifts so I prefer stats averaging out.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 15, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Trying the duality cheese, and when I shoot the first bell in red-mode to take me back to normal world, I just die. Do I need to be doing something?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Trying the duality cheese, and when I shoot the first bell in red-mode to take me back to normal world, I just die. Do I need to be doing something?

Are you standing in the ring around the bell when you do it? This is required in nightmare world but not in the real world

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Yeah, and it still killed me. Apparently jumping in the air helps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Are you standing like nuts to butt with the bell? The bell slamming down can also kill you if you’re standing too close.

(I hate this dungeon.)