Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m still looking for that $13 Samus figure, my local Walmart has nothing and she’s sold out on the Walmart app. :saddowns:

They did have the new Mario movie toys, I almost got Luigi and Peach (she looks better in person) but I held off for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

I’m still looking for that $13 Samus figure, my local Walmart has nothing and she’s sold out on the Walmart app. :saddowns:

They did have the new Mario movie toys, I almost got Luigi and Peach (she looks better in person) but I held off for now.

I think there’s a Samus at my Walmart. I can check in the morning if you like.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

I think there’s a Samus at my Walmart. I can check in the morning if you like.

That would be pretty sweet, the cheapest I’m seeing her on eBay is like $22.50

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

That would be pretty sweet, the cheapest I’m seeing her on eBay is like $22.50

Is it this one?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’ve seen that locally a few times too. Think 12 after tax plus shipping.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Is it this one?

That’s the one!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Xeno I think a WM near me may have a spare Samus still on the shelves so hit me up if Joe doesn’t find it (though it looks like he did!)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Xeno I think a WM near me may have a spare Samus still on the shelves so hit me up if Joe doesn’t find it (though it looks like he did!)

Nah that's just from ebay. I will check tomorrow!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just got this guy in the mail from BBTS! Apparently it came out in late 2020 from an unknown indie toy company, Creative Comics and Collectibles, since the Golden Age Blue Beetle Dan Garret (with one "t"), the cop who took a vitamin to get super powers, is in the public domain. DC still owns the archaeologist and original scarab holder Blue Beetle Dan Garrett (with two "t"s), but that confusion may be why DC Direct and Mattel never bothered to make a figure of him.

It's a 1/12 scale figure that should be a little shorter than my DC Universe Classics, but I'm hoping he will fit in well with all my Teds and my one Jaime. This variant with the red gloves and belt (who looks more like the DC version) cost $10 more than the "basic" public domain version with yellow gloves and an unpainted belt, but I thought it was worth the upcharge.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Didn't the guy who made those turn out to not have the license to do so or something like that?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
These are from the original prototype shots:

These are from the new production model:

It feels like the original prototype looked almost too...handsome? Not that Mark wasn't handsome. But it was too chiseled. Which makes sense since it was based on the CGI deepfake. The production model looks more human and natural. Maybe not as big of a leap as the Ahsoka prototype-->production, but it's definitely an improvement to me.

These are just some sick shots:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

got my con exclusive ssj2 goku and shenron today. when I got the shipping box I was surprised by how big it is and it turns out it's because shenron is huge:

I was thinking he'd be like a little bit bigger than a normal figure but he just towers over them. I'm going to have to do some rearranging to get him on a shelf

the paintjob is this really cool metallic color and it makes him look pretty premium, centerpiece of the collection for sure

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Super excited for Mando Luke, he’s gonna look awesome in person

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Didn't the guy who made those turn out to not have the license to do so or something like that?

I tried researching "Creative Comics & Collectibles" and couldn't find much, but I think they have some connection to the infamous Geoff Beckett, formerly of Shocker Toyz. They made that Indie Spotlight toy line with The Tick, Dick Tracy, and SCUD the Disposable Assassin, but they also made a lot of promises they couldn't deliver on and ripped a lot of people off.

Knowing that, I never would have put money down on a promise or an idea, but BBTS actually had these in stock, and I found a few scant reviews online before buying it. Hopefully it doesn't break immediately or flop around like a marionette.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1635822232445304833?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Awesome, thanks!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Getting that batmobile. Probably will put my NECA Keaton in there.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Does Keaton wear the 1989 costume in this upcoming movie? I'd be way less interested in any merch with a new design.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The new Iron Man figure is great!

Unfortunately, mine has been stolen.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pre-orders go up tomorrow, definitely getting the Keaton Batman despite loving my NECA version

https://twitter.com/Greek187pop/status/1635822944877420545?s=20

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Fight back, Iron Man! Fight back! What are you doing?!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It has a new Master now, one mighty and terrifying.

All hail Kragknock the Destroyer!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Pre-orders go up tomorrow, definitely getting the Keaton Batman despite loving my NECA version

His ears are gonna get clipped on that canopy

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

His ears are gonna get clipped on that canopy

Can you demonstrate in your life size replica?

Don’t even lie to us! We know you have one!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

deoju posted:

Does Keaton wear the 1989 costume in this upcoming movie? I'd be way less interested in any merch with a new design.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1635823822237573124?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Boo. At least they kept the Batmobile the same.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Missed this earlier but, hell yes. I only own 3 Classified figures to date, but I will buy multiple Range Vipers for sure. They changed a few design elements from the original, but thankfully included the most important detail, which is the little hose that plugs into the back of their heads.

As expected, they did a great job with that guy.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Also on the hunt for one of the new Samus figures, if anyone else comes up with one and Xenomrph gets theirs!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Come on man, Keaton has a very distinct face and that figure doesn’t do it. God Todd sucks at real life faces.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

Nah that's just from ebay. I will check tomorrow!

Sent you a PM! I can't find her at either of my WM stores!

Sent you a PM as well @Louisgod

epsilon fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 15, 2023

gregday
May 23, 2003

Why would the utility belt not be yellow anymore?

:mad:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

drat, I wish these weren't so pronounced. I'm not much of a customizer, but these are getting a wash at minimum.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

gregday posted:

Why would the utility belt not be yellow anymore?

:mad:

Middle age gut hit Bruce hard and black is more slimming, obvs.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The range vipers drop tomorrow, as I understand from previous posts. Do we know the time they drop, and if it's going to be an early drop for pulse premium members?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

The range vipers drop tomorrow, as I understand from previous posts. Do we know the time they drop, and if it's going to be an early drop for pulse premium members?

I haven't seen details yet. They're also part of Walmart Collector Con, and those generally go up around 7am Pacific and are a complete clustefuck.

Hey look the new Jesus figure comes with a playset!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
:stare:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

I haven't seen details yet. They're also part of Walmart Collector Con, and those generally go up around 7am Pacific and are a complete clustefuck.

anybody who doesn't immediately remove his robe and put Jesus into some sexy supermodel poses on the cross doesn't deserve this figure.

e: Wrap him in some rainbow scarves for good measure.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

I'll keep an eye to the thread, thanks. The range viper is my buddy's favorite cobra troop and I'd like to score one for him. And three for myself.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Spider-Man villain 5-pack is marked down to $87 on Amazon if anybody was still on the fence, probably as cheap as it's going to get.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Spider-Man-6-Inch-Scale-Collectible-Accessories/dp/B09QFPH7LD?tag=enewsi-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Samus is gone, sorry