Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wait until they hear about what Milk has been up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Powershift posted:

Wait until they hear about what Milk has been up to.

Harvey or Morinaga?

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Gasp

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I only like old stock privacy violations

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

COPE 27 posted:

I only like old stock privacy violations

so like, mkultra?

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

eXXon posted:

The big story about ethics in hockey:

Reading this and hearing "oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no" in my head.

Well, of course the Leafs would be involved in a no win scenario.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ZShakespeare posted:

I don't read. only post.

we know

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Welp, Canada has failed as a nation. Nickelback is in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
I mean, it’s the hall of FAME, not necessarily the hall of musical merit. :actually:

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

smh can't even distinguish between fame and infamy

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

McGavin posted:

Welp, Canada has failed as a nation.

D.O.A. still tours and you can get a Joey Shithead bobblehead if you want one.

We're fine.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

InfiniteZero posted:

D.O.A. still tours and you can get a Joey Shithead bobblehead if you want one.

We're fine.

Back in the 00s a local band had a song called "Joey Shithead hosed My Mom" that got everybody in the crowd singing along

Whatever happened to Mr Chi Pig?

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Back in the 00s a local band had a song called "Joey Shithead hosed My Mom" that got everybody in the crowd singing along

Whatever happened to Mr Chi Pig?

He passed away a few years ago

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Oh, dang, they did this for him in Edmonton in 2021

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

My first concert was seeing Choke, SNFU, and Bad Religion at the convention center in Edmonton. Good times there. https://youtube.com/watch?v=ixzlopzsacs&feature=shares

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

How do you guys feel about the show “corner gas?”

I’m getting real into it lately.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's aptly named because it should have been put in a corner and gassed before it ever saw the light of day.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

typical elitist goon

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It portrayed the cops as crooked so it's okay in my book.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 15, 2023

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The hotel we stayed at in Amsterdam always had Corner Gas playing.

It's perfectly cromulent television

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
Oscar reminds me of my Grandpa so it tracks for me.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Corner Gas introduced me to MACK BOLAN, EXECUTIONER so it’s great

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Corner Gas is the perfect embodiment of small-town Saskatchewan living - the mundane is overexamined, individual excess is constantly indulged and at the end of 30 minutes, nothing has really happened

It's good

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
The father and son driving the same dead brand of car shows that the creators understand small town Canada.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
They really captured the ever present sound of crops frying in the sun

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
We all want to think we're Bretts, but really we're all Hanks

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

We all want to think we're Bretts, but really we're all Hanks

I’m a Wanda.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

pencilhands posted:

Literally my only thought on watching the first season was 'Holy poo poo, Leon Robinovitch got old and stopped being a lawyer."

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

pencilhands posted:

I believe I watched a few episodes near when it first came out and just thought "...nahhh" so that's not too bad.

It's better than Letterkenny, which is quite possibly the worst atrocity of a show to ever be seen on a screen, so it's alright in my book.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Letterkenny is great.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It's the sanitized for broadcast rural southern Ontario experience, for better or worse

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Arivia posted:

Letterkenny is great.

I just can't understand this. We struggled through 3 episodes without a single real laugh moment.

It's the kind of thing that I feel like would be popular with high-schoolers who think that fart jokes are the height of comedy.
As I mentioned, we only watched 3 episodes and they had somehow already beaten 5+ catchphrases and gags to death. The writer seems to think that you can work around an awful script and terrible characters by just inserting as many "clever" wordplays as they can think of.

I am not exaggerating for effect when I say it is the worst show I have ever put eyes on.
But yes, it does feel like I'm existing in some alternative universe or something because it seems to be widely acclaimed by both critics and the general public. It completely baffles me.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fidelitious posted:

I just can't understand this. We struggled through 3 episodes without a single real laugh moment.

It's the kind of thing that I feel like would be popular with high-schoolers who think that fart jokes are the height of comedy.
As I mentioned, we only watched 3 episodes and they had somehow already beaten 5+ catchphrases and gags to death. The writer seems to think that you can work around an awful script and terrible characters by just inserting as many "clever" wordplays as they can think of.

I am not exaggerating for effect when I say it is the worst show I have ever put eyes on.
But yes, it does feel like I'm existing in some alternative universe or something because it seems to be widely acclaimed by both critics and the general public. It completely baffles me.

I'm with you. One of my brothers, who I think I'm very similar to, loves it and I don't get it. I'm glad so many people enjoy it, but it's so unappealing to me.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Corner Gas is a Friends-tier show.

In that it’s poo poo from an rear end but occasionally people claim it’s very good.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

PT6A posted:

Corner Gas is a Friends-tier show.

In that it’s poo poo from an rear end but occasionally people claim it’s very good.

Actually it’s from a Butt :buddy:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I liked corner gas when I was young and stupid. It's probably not the worst show but it's definitely not good.

Letter kenny has its moments and sometimes it's very clever and then other times it's beating a dead horse and using a ton of clichés to pad the run time. The hot person walks in then music plays and its slow motion is probably 90% of the show

BattleHork
Nov 1, 2005

MMMM, MANDOM.
The episode "Hard Right Jay" was the high point of Letterkenny. It had Jay Baruchel guest star and his character called everyone cucks for not caring about the high school football team changing its name from "Chiefs." At the end a bunch of Proud Boys got beaten up.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Saalkin posted:

I liked corner gas when I was young and stupid. It's probably not the worst show but it's definitely not good.

Letter kenny has its moments and sometimes it's very clever and then other times it's beating a dead horse and using a ton of clichés to pad the run time. The hot person walks in then music plays and its slow motion is probably 90% of the show

agreed, except for enjoying corner gas in the first place.
The person I know who is the biggest example of thinking themselves far funnier than anyone else considers them was super excited to show me corner gas and big bang theory. This person thinks both these shows are some of the funniest stuff they have ever seen. My own experiences with this person may be colouring my impression of those shows.

Your take on Letterkenny seems bang on.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Fidelitious posted:

I completely agree with you.

The people I know who enjoy it are people who grew up in rural Ontario, where the reaction seems to be "that is everybody I grew up with, and that is exactly what they are like." It's observational humor that doesn't play if you haven't had to put up with people like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

B33rChiller posted:

agreed, except for enjoying corner gas in the first place.
The person I know who is the biggest example of thinking themselves far funnier than anyone else considers them was super excited to show me corner gas and big bang theory. This person thinks both these shows are some of the funniest stuff they have ever seen. My own experiences with this person may be colouring my impression of those shows.

Your take on Letterkenny seems bang on.
Any show liked by someone who also likes the big bang theory is automatically trash.